Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck

Jones said that he thought Collins would bring energy to the team and be a face for the Jackets.

“I think he’d recruit his (expletive) off,” Jones said.

“Everybody in the class loved coach Collins,” Jones said. “We were all really sad when he left to go to Alabama.”

Do you think he said a** or d***. Just curious.

ball4life66

Helluva Engineer
Maybe, I heard one of the sites went back and retroactively changed his score. I have no way of confirming or refuting this claim. I have found many articles mentioning "5 star recruits in the NFL" and Calvin was not listed. Absense of evidence isn't proof though, but I remember when I was a student people saying "I can't believe he's only a 4 star".
Hmm not sure who it could have been. 247 wasn’t around back then so maybe thinking of them when they were launched.

Rivals did have him only a 6.0 4 star and ranked 37 overall. 5 receivers ranked ahead of him and none of them panned out.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Elliot doesn't have experience because he has risen through the ranks so fast. He's risen through the ranks so fast because he's excelled at every level. It has more to do with his character than experience, his resourcefulness and having faith in himself by taking the hard road. He could have chosen an easy major, but he chose i.e. and graduated with the highest gpa on his team. He had enough faith in himself as a football player to walk on, earn a scholarship, and become a team captain. This spells leadership. I don't have anything against Collins - I think he, too would be an excellent choice. But Elliott has success written all over him, and someone who believes in himself and has proven himself to this extent makes me believe in him, too. Mark my words, Elliott will be a very successful head coach some day soon. I think the odds of that happening are extremely high.
I like this!

Todd should see this. Seriously.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Here is what I know nothing same as 99% of the people on here. Reading the last 178 page if I was a coach I wouldn't touch this job. If I was the AD I would be looking for another job. The best he can do is make 50% of our fans happy a losing situation. Too many on here want to argue if someone says anything that you don't agree with, it's only their opinion.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here is what I know nothing same as 99% of the people on here. Reading the last 178 page if I was a coach I wouldn't touch this job. If I was the AD I would be looking for another job. The best he can do is make 50% of our fans happy a losing situation. Too many on here want to argue if someone says anything that you don't agree with, it's only their opinion.
It's that way with the fans of most schools,GT fans are not unique in that. Look at the fans of Tennessee and Florida on their message boards last year during their head coaching searches.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Just looked it up. Reality: Army had 895 yards of offense passing this year. I'm going to go to a firm, "No," on Monken. Some innovator. That's less than we had.

But that in and of itself doesn't mean anything. Maybe he didn't have a QB who could throw worth a flip (pardon the pun).
Aren't they like 10-2 with a 7-point loss to Oklahoma? Damned impressive to me. I mean, this is Army!

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
From AJC
Dear Georgia Tech community,

Wow – it’s been an eventful week, to say the least. I know from your emails, phone calls and social media that you have questions about our search for a new football head coach and the announcement that we have been selected to participate in the Quick Lane Bowl vs. Minnesota on Dec. 26. I will try to answer those questions in this space.

FOOTBALL HEAD COACH SEARCH

First and foremost, I would be remiss if I didn’t take the opportunity to once again thank Paul Johnson for all that he’s done in his 11 years here on The Flats. He’s the winningest coach at Georgia Tech since Bobby Dodd, he’s led us to more first- and-second-place finishes in ACC divisional play (7) than every other program besides Clemson (9), Florida State (7) and Virginia Tech (7) and his players are graduating at an 86-percent clip (after the football program’s NCAA Graduation Success Rate had been as low as 48 percent prior to his arrival). I’m saddened that he will no longer be leading our football program but am happy for him to be able to spend more time with his wife, Susan, and his daughter, Kaitlyn, after 40-straight years of coaching. We are planning to have a public event to give everyone the opportunity to show our gratitude to Coach Johnson and his family – stay tuned for details.

Since Coach Johnson told me of his intent to step down last Wednesday, I have been actively working to identify the very best fit for Georgia Tech. That person will be someone who knows who they are, knows who we are, understands that Georgia Tech isn’t a “plug-and-play” situation and has a plan on how to be successful here. The only way to learn who best fits is through the interview process, which is ongoing.

While the search is ongoing, I know that there have already been media reports concerning this potential candidate or that potential candidate, and that those reports will continue throughout the process. While I don’t intend to conduct the search publicly, I do ask that you don’t put too much stock into the media reports – some might be accurate, but many will be inaccurate. I can assure you, however, that there is great interest in becoming the next football head coach at Georgia Tech and we will continue to work diligently to identify the very best person to lead our football program, compete for championships and develop and graduate young people who will change the world.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...bowl-slot-mail-donors/Lq0yYM6b36OJ9oWgnjq40K/

Deleted member 2897

Just tried to search the interwebs for any crumb of information. I was able to find out that one of Temple's media folks camped out in the NY Hilton lobby like all day long (where everyone was for HOF stuff) to try and spot if Geoff and Todd were ever together with no luck. Now that's some bootstrapping journalism right there - a good try.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

All fanbases are filled with know-it-all jerks, just win and its a non-issue

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

Yes, and what is funny, stech, is that I believe many on here think they can change the other GT fan's mind. We are a hard-headed bunch, and when we decide what our opinion is, most of us will not relent. But, that is just fine with me. I have always been o.k. with other fans/alums expressing their opinions as long as it doesn't get into name calling or vicious attacks. That is for other boards, not this one.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
If you're reading this board, I don't want you. It's recruiting season!

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
But that in and of itself doesn't mean anything. Maybe he didn't have a QB who could throw worth a flip (pardon the pun).
Aren't they like 10-2 with a 7-point loss to Oklahoma? Damned impressive to me. I mean, this is Army!
No one cares about that winning stuff. Tech is going to out-recruit Clemson, UGA and Bama due to implementing a passing offense. I heard that if we hire a pass-happy coach, Trevor Lawrence will consider transferring to Tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.