Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
We'll get to find out Saturday.

Do you mean we will find out if he will show a more open offense with Army? If so, then no, Monken will not open up Army's offense, because the talent level is not there. We might see some trickery, but he can beat Navy without much "innovation", so we might not see what TechGuy states on Saturday. I do believe he would be more innovative here, as to help recruiting. We are in a p5, so it is necessary.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
There have been 10, count em, 10, 4 star or better HS QB recruits out of the state of Georgia since 2016. We've had a shot at absolutely ZERO of them. We're not just talking Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence pipe dreams guys.
Per 247, there have been eight 4-star or better QBs from Georgia since the '16 class, I'm not sure of the other two you are counting. They are as follows:
1. Trevor Lawrence (Clemson)
2. Justin Fields (Georgia)
3. Jarren Williams (Miami)
4. Emory Jones (Florida)
5. Davis Mills (Stanford)
6. Jake Fromm (Georgia)
7. Jawon Pass (Louisville)
8. Zerrick Cooper (Clemson)

As you can see, all with the exception of Pass, went to "factory" schools. On the bright side, Pass looks like a bust and I'm sure Louisville would be happy to send him to Tech. Mills at Stanford may also be an exception, but he was offered by UGA, Michigan, and Bama.

Also of note, one of the highest rated 4-star athletes that played QB in high school is on Tech's roster, James Graham.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Per 247, there have been eight 4-star or better QBs from Georgia since the '16 class, I'm not sure of the other two you are counting. They are as follows:
1. Trevor Lawrence (Clemson)
2. Justin Fields (Georgia)
3. Jarren Williams (Miami)
4. Emory Jones (Florida)
5. Davis Mills (Stanford)
6. Jake Fromm (Georgia)
7. Jawon Pass (Louisville)
8. Zerrick Cooper (Clemson)

As you can see, all with the exception of Pass, went to "factory" schools. On the bright side, Pass looks like a bust and I'm sure Louisville would be happy to send him to Tech. Mills at Stanford may also be an exception, but he was offered by UGA, Michigan, and Bama.

Also of note, one of the highest rated 4-star athletes that played QB in high school is on Tech's roster, James Graham.
I was quoting Rivals. The Brice kid at Clemson was one on there also. Don't recall the other. I'm one of the few on here that believe we can be what Stanford has been. Clemson is like USC in the Leinart/Bush days. We can't be that, but we could give them a tough run like Stanford under Harbaugh/Shaw.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
I was quoting Rivals. The Brice kid at Clemson was one on there also. Don't recall the other. I'm one of the few on here that believe we can be what Stanford has been. Clemson is like USC in the Leinart/Bush days. We can't be that, but we could give them a tough run like Stanford under Harbaugh/Shaw.
I believe it. I wouldn't waste my time caring and going to the games if I didn't. I think we have to take a different approach than them though bc we are just as different from stanford as we are from uga. Some similarities to both but vastly different.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I believe it. I wouldn't waste my time caring and going to the games if I didn't. I think we have to take a different approach than them though bc we are just as different from stanford as we are from uga. Some similarities to both but vastly different.
Yeah, I understand they have liberal arts majors that are easier to pass. But we are in the middle of a booming hotbed in ATL.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Man, we are so on the same page. I don't think our desires will be heard, but I agree 100% about Monken. I will not be "against" Collins, but I do think Monken deserves it more.

Remember, GTSwarm, this is my opinion - it is not life and death - I am ok with others having a different opinion than Vamos and me.

Monken is by far the best candidate that I have heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.