Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
We missed on Satterfield which goes back to my earlier comment of not messing around with fiddlehead coaches just to pacify donors.
I wonder if Woody is on Satterfield's speed dial for his DC at Louisville ! If we hope to keep Woody during this HC process then I hope that he's in the loop!

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
@Yomanser , Something you said in the "Coaching Search Updates" thread:
In addition, the triple option seems to be on the way out, potentially preventing the hire of any option coach from the Paul Johnson tree

Can you give insight into the basis for this statement? Thanks.
(Can't reply to that thread, so I thought I'd ask it here.)
Multiple reports are coming out that Todd is not going to hire a coach that runs the triple option, which matches what I've heard. One such report is in the tweet that was below that statement

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not surprised about Satt to Lville. They have money and facilitites and comparable entrance-ability to AppSt I imagine.

We'll have to find a guy that just curiously wants the job or is a hungry up and comer.

Give me Elliot or Collins or somebody outta left field like the friggin Buffalo coach.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Alright, Satterfield is off the board. Let's see if my prediction is right and Collins is announced in the coming days. If that happens, we can open another 100 page thread on who his OC should be.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Monken got to see firsthand the hurdles that would await him. I don't think Monken would want the job, either. He's a midwest guy, I think, so doesn't really have ties down here.
The only thing is we play a tougher schedule. They don't redshirt (at least they didn't a few years ago). It doesn't fit their model. How many ACC schools play 2 top 10 schools every year and throw Notre Dame in every now and then. Army has similar academic restrictions to us. It does recruit itself as those kids want a military career and no real NFL aspirations. It's the schedule we play as an academic school.that is scary.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Multiple reports are coming out that Todd is not going to hire a coach that runs the triple option, which matches what I've heard. One such report is in the tweet that was below that statement

So, @vamosjackets , someone with big money must be telling him "no" on the triple O, because the statement he made was that he was looking for an "innovator", as he knew it would take one to be successful at GT. This would NOT automatically rule out Monken and others, but the big money donor could.

A lot of opposing coaches say "thank you", whoever you are.

Last edited:

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
We missed on Satterfield which goes back to my earlier comment of not messing around with fiddlehead coaches just to pacify donors.
How did we miss when we never showed interest. Not saying I agree but we never even pursued so it wasn’t a miss. I would not call what Todd is doing as messing around. We may not like it but he’s going after his top choice.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Are you saying you don't want to stay with the TO? If not, why not?

Limitations all over the place ...
1. The forward pass !
2. Opposing defenses stacking the LOS, inability of stretching opposing defense to defend the whole field
3. Blocking scheme
4. Effect on our own defense from preparation standpoint
5. Killing our recruiting, limiting chance of playing at the next level

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
How did we miss when we never showed interest. Not saying I agree but we never even pursued so it wasn’t a miss. I would not call what Todd is doing as messing around. We may not like it but he’s going after his top choice.
We missed our window of opportunity to get in on him.... because we were taking a Whiz. It’s asinine and will likely lead to a complete rebuilding on both sides of the ball. That is going to be long and messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.