Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
If a UGA fan is talking about what they want GT to do then they are likely trolling. I always loved hearing them say they hope we keep CPJ forever. Yeah right. He has beaten you two of the last 5 games, and forces you to prepare for an option offense every year. Im sure you guys love that.
Kirby said he hated it.

Deleted member 2897

Well Scott Satterfield was announced as Louisville‘s next coach. Color me flabbergasted. Who on earth would ever want that job?

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
That's interesting, but idk that he has expressed any interest in coaching. Plus I think he has made enough oney, and been smart enough with it that he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to.
IDK that the same could be said about Anferny.
Remains to be seen whether the Hardaway experiment will actually work. I have my reservations.

Deleted member 2897

whaaaaaaat. Well damn. Flabbergasted is an understatement. Money had to be good

There would be no amount of money that would send me there. Now on a sidenote, does he come poach some of our defensive coaches?

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
OK. Here's my latest.

GTAA is hearing the backlash against KW. It's not for certain, but Moncken may get an interview when TStan visits NY.
Unlikely and I guarantee Todd doesn’t care about some backlash when he has some major money boosters wanting KW
Unless we get turned down by 4-5 folks I’d bet big $ we are moving away from the triple option

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
whaaaaaaat. Well damn. Flabbergasted is an understatement. Money had to be good
I'm guessing he wants to step up and this is a good time - two really good years at App St.
I wonder if this means we never reached out to him. UL has $$$ and easy recruiting, but most coaches seemed really leary of the situation right now.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
He stole a recruit from us- TE Colin Peek, personally i’m not mad at him about it, it’s all part of the game.
I think it was more than that. I think it was both bringing Colin Peek with him to Alabama (He was already a freshman with us), which, like you I really don't have a problem with because Peek needed to go somewhere else. The thing that caused the stink back then was that he talked to (or maybe met with) a WR recruit of ours Chris something, during a dead period when there was supposed to be no recruiting going on. This was while he was still with GT and making plans to go to Bama or on his way out the door. Maybe some rumblings about him bad-mouthing us as well, but I truly don't remember that part very well. I do remember well people saying he had completely burned his bridges with GT on the way out.

This is all kind of vague, but I am all for NOT hiring anyone with a lack of integrity or any sort of inclination toward shadiness.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Remains to be seen whether the Hardaway experiment will actually work. I have my reservations.
He's got the #1 recruit in the land next year and has pulled a couple other really solid recruits. #12 class in the country at the moment.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
OK. Here's my latest.

GTAA is hearing the backlash against KW. It's not for certain, but Moncken may get an interview when TStan visits NY.

Whether we go with Monken or not, in my opinion, he deserves, if he wants one, an interview based on his success at Army. Now, again, I would want TStan to expect him to have a vision for opening up the offense and what he would do differently in recruiting, but I hope he at least gets a discussion.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Whether we go with Monken or not, in my opinion, he deserves, if he wants one, an interview based on his success at Army. Now, again, I would want TStan to expect him to have a vision for opening up the offense and what he would do differently in recruiting, but I hope he at least gets a discussion.
I'm definitely for Monken. Right now, he's my #1. I don't care about him "opening up" the offense. Just run this offense like crazy.
With the right QB (which I think we already have) we're back to 9+ win seasons.
With one special WR or RB, we're at 2014 again.
With a defense to go with the above, the sky is totally the limit.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm definitely for Monken. Right now, he's my #1. I don't care about him "opening up" the offense. Just run this offense like crazy.
With the right QB (which I think we already have) we're back to 9+ win seasons.
With one special WR or RB, we're at 2014 again.
With a defense to go with the above, the sky is totally the limit.

Vamos: I am right there with you, but anything Monken could do to just slightly improve recruiting or the perception would help with the naysayers. I am afraid some of the triple option naysayers have the purse strings. I agree with you on the defensive side of the ball - with a top 40 D, this team could light it up, assuming the right QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.