Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Satterfield to Louisville confirmed. Satterfield will try to poach Woody, IMO. Man, if we lose Johnson and Woody... [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JacketEagle

Georgia Tech Fan
Guys from a GS perspective don't worry about not hiring Satterfield. He a good coach, but is the product of them having a solid stable situation there. He is not a home run hire by any stretch. I'm a Tech fan also and hope they hire the right guy. From our experience at GS hiring the wrong guy will bring immediate problems. We hit the bottom in less than two years of Tyson Summers. We put ourselves in the worst situation possible with that hire. I would not trade our guy for Satterfield. Coach Lunsford doesn't have to the experience yet for Tech, but at some point we will not be able to keep him. He will be that good.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
i am not upset about losing or not bothering with satterfield.

I am more irritated at KW discussion is even relevant. And I would not mind collins or others.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey.... just throwing this out there... The defensive coordinator at Georgia Southern (Scot Sloan) was the defensive coordinator at Appalachian State the year before, and was the recruiting coordinator. Lunsford was the recruiting coordinator for GASO and Auburn... So they have both been recruiting the SE their entire careers.

Taking the GASO staff keeps looking better and better, especially if Satterfield takes Woody.

Plug in Lunsford, DeBesse, and Scot Sloan and let's just move on down the road.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
Why would anyone see KW's offensive as innovative? Also, how can an offense that doesn't incorporate some option be innovative. It doesn't have to be ours. Hell, even Bama runs some option. We ran option with Godsey. What about the Chargers' offense or the Titans' offense was innovative? Was it the flee flicker? I guess if you go back to '81, it was innovative. Idiotic. Frost and Heupel are innovative. No NFL offense is innovative.

Status
Not open for further replies.