Not open for further replies.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Lane Kiffin
Neal Brown
Tony Elliott

Or bust
You're very into absolutes haha. "The End." "End of thread" "Or bust"
Just joking with you, but I two of those three. Nothing in Ellotts past gives me confidence. Clemson has been an easy firsat OC job for him. I'm not saying he couldn't work out, but I'd pick 8-9 guys over him.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
The more I read about Tony Elliott, the more I like him. Not to say he couldn’t fail here because it’s tough, but he has A LOT going for him.

Co-OC of football powerhouse
Recruits in the area
Great recruiter
African American in ATL
Engineering degree
Walk on who earned a scholarship
Great/tragic life story to tell
Offense could use a lot of our pieces we have in house

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
And Brent Key bad mouthed GT as an institute in negative recruiting. Not the scheme (well maybe / probably that too) but the INSTITUTE. And now some want to hire this guy when his own words will be used against him?

Hell No

Forgive my skepticism, but this is based on merely an internet rumor, correct? I have never seen any source for it. Why would we convict a possible coach based on such flimsy evidence? (II have no axe to grind one way or another about Key)

slugboy

Staff member
Writers are saying the same things people here are .

(Jason Kirk is more of a smart-alek, but still...) The attached article just has a paragraph on GT.

I'm sure even if we don't engage a search firm, we'll have an internal search committee involved in the hiring process. We always do, and maybe it's already forming or formed (total guess on my part).

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Writers are saying the same things people here are .

(Jason Kirk is more of a smart-alek, but still...) The attached article just has a paragraph on GT.

I'm sure even if we don't engage a search firm, we'll have an internal search committee involved in the hiring process. We always do, and maybe it's already forming or formed (total guess on my part).

Coach Satterfield may be heading to Loserville and hiring Tony Elliott wouldn't be boring

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The thing about Elliot is this imo, although he doesn’t have head coaching experience he has learned under one of the top programs in college football. He has seen how to build a program, and although GT is very different than Clemson, there should still be things he can use that he learned under Dabo. That in itself intrigues me, just look at some of the top coaches and how well their coaching tree is doing. Those under CPJ, under Saban ect. Of course he could not work out, but add that in with him being a high academic guy and running an offense that would not be a major transition I’m willing to gamble on him. My other choices would be Satterfield, then Collins, Brown, and Heupel (who I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere) and in that order.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The more I read about Tony Elliott, the more I like him. Not to say he couldn’t fail here because it’s tough, but he has A LOT going for him.

Co-OC of football powerhouse
Recruits in the area
Great recruiter
African American in ATL
Engineering degree
Walk on who earned a scholarship
Great/tragic life story to tell
Offense could use a lot of our pieces we have in house

From walk-on to team captain. The more I read about Elliott, the more I like.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Houston is on Shark Tank asking the other sharks if they would like to make a better offer. He's not wrong for doing it, though.

He better hope Mr. Wonderful doesn’t respond. He may give him the old “You’re dead to me.” [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.