Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I wouldn't touch Kendall Briles with a 10 foot pole. I don't care if you voodoo dolled the afterlife soul of Bobby Dodd into him. What he's done is evil.

It's Art Briles that's the evil one. I think Kendall is his son. Point taken though, I wouldn't touch any 'Briles' for quite a few years. Too toxic and Kendall is, unfortunately for him, toxic by association.

... unless Kendall's done something that I don't know about.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Well just remember when Clemson picked Dabo most of us thought he looked like this
th

and when I see him he looks like this

View attachment 4611
Clemson was willing to pay Chad Morris $1.1 million and Venebles $800,000 in 2011. Venables is paid $2 million now. We pay CNW $575,000 and don't even have an OC. Clemson decided that hiring a clown and investing in top assistant coaches was a worthwhile investment, and it REALLY worked. CPJ was getting $3 million and doubled as HC and OC.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
It's Art Briles that's the evil one. I think Kendall is his son. Point taken though, I wouldn't touch any 'Briles' for quite a few years. Too toxic and Kendall is, unfortunately for him, toxic by association.

... unless Kendall's done something that I don't know about.
From Wiki

Controversy[edit]
According to a lawsuit filed in January 2017, a Baylor graduate alleges she was gang raped by two football players in 2013. In addition, allegedly more than 50 instances of rape, committed by 31 football players, occurred between 2011 and 2014. The lawsuit alleges Kendal Briles, former Baylor assistant coach, encouraged these actions and once asked a Dallas potential recruit: "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players."[6]

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
From Wiki

Controversy[edit]
According to a lawsuit filed in January 2017, a Baylor graduate alleges she was gang raped by two football players in 2013. In addition, allegedly more than 50 instances of rape, committed by 31 football players, occurred between 2011 and 2014. The lawsuit alleges Kendal Briles, former Baylor assistant coach, encouraged these actions and once asked a Dallas potential recruit: "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players."[6]

Ah, ok. Apple didn't fall far from the tree I guess.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Really feel Satterfield would be our best option. Hope TStan can get out in front of this. He should be interviewing Satterfield this weekend and not Wisenhunt. Afraid Louisville will hire him quickly. Hope he does not screw this hire up.

No take a look at his career. He had only been at App St. and took over from his mentor was a very successful coach. He has done well there. There are no recruiting restrictions. I don’t see this translating to Tech well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised by the apparent interest in Tech around College FB coaching circles. With the challenges it's a spot where some would try to go to just get a check. I'm not surprised with the possibilities at Tech just that word is out, it does lend a sense of 'if I fix Tech I can go to a bigger school mentality' though.

Goatman93

Jolly Good Fellow
From Wiki

Controversy[edit]
I hope you don't believe everything you read!

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Elliot is my top guy.
He fits the culture and his system would be easily transferable. He knows the area and is familiar with GT’s recruiting and recruiting restrictions. He also is aware of the advantages.

Elliott has only been at Clemson. He took over the OC duties from his mentor Chad Morris who is the genius behind the Clemson offense. (Morris has struggled on his transition to head coach at Arkansas). Clemson is open recruiting. Most of the guys he is recruiting would not be admitted into Tech. A ton of the Clemson players major in Turf studies and Sports Management. Elliott is smart and has a good story. He is recommended by Dabo and will get his shot a being a head coach at some point. Probably when Dabo goes to Alabama to replace Sabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I hope you don't believe everything you read!
This aint Alex Jones. Lots of heads rolled over this situation.

Again, from Wiki on dad Art- sourced
Controversy[edit]
Scandal at Baylor[edit]
Main article: Baylor University sexual assault scandal
On May 26, 2016, Baylor released a findings of fact document prepared by the board of regents, a board made up of self-appointed individuals[19]. According to the regents, the document was based on an independent investigation by the law firm Pepper Hamilton into how the school handled sexual assault. The report stated that the findings "reflect significant concerns about the tone and culture within Baylor’s football program as it relates to accountability for all forms of athlete misconduct." It also faulted the football team for not adequately vetting transfers. The regents held Briles responsible, and suspended him with the intent to fire him as soon as they were legally allowed to do so.[20] Briles was provided a letter of recommendation and a severance fee but claimed he was never shown the evidence for why Baylor chose to fire him.[21][22][23] Briles sued the school for wrongful termination, among other claims, which was later withdrawn. Baylor president Ken Starr lost his job and Athletic Director Ian McCaw resigned in wake of the scandal.

Reports in 2018 cast doubt on whether Briles was aware of alleged assaults as information came forward showing administrators and local police seemed to bury reports on football players without telling football coaches[24].

On June 19, 2018, former Baylor Athletic Director Ian McCaw testified during a deposition that the sexual assault scandal that engulfed the school’s football program was manufactured by investigators and regents to cover up a larger university-wide issue.[25] McCaw alleged Baylor hatched "an elaborate plan that essentially scapegoated black football players and the football program for being responsible for what was a decades-long, university-wide sexual assault scandal," according to court documents.[26] In late July 2018, Briles turned over documents pursuant to a subpoena, which had not been previously produced by Baylor. The documents showed multiple senior Baylor administrators knew about a serial sexual assault assailant" in the fall of 2011, but failed to act.[27]

Now, you make up your mind if a University President and Regents 'scapegoated the football program' to cover for sexual assault on campus.

Argument is moot anyway. Briles and son made their bones at Baylor on a heavy dose of JUCO transfers. Not Tech material. Might as well see if you can lure Mark Richt away from Miami.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.