Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
One thing that has not been discussed here is the influence and impact of agents that virtually all coaches (head coaches and assistants) have representing their interest. Just like Coach Johnson was represented by Jack Reale, most all these guys have a guy out there touting their value and pushing their names. Basically they get a percentage of whatever the Coach earns for a contract. I'm sure Tony Elliott and the rest that have been mentioned here have their agent out there burning up the phone lines, twitter and whatever other forms of communication to our AD about their man and why he would be the best man possible for the GT job. A lot of the press you see produced is generated by these agents in an attempt to influence a negotiation in favor of the person they represent. So I think you need to factor that in to what you read and absorb as this thing goes along. Good chance of some fake news out there. Take most of this with a grain of salt.

I think Stansbury probably has put together a team of people and possibly an outside consultant to assist with the search process. If he is as smart as I think he is, he will weigh the opinions of others he has trust in to help validate whatever decision he finally comes to. And yes, like at most all football programs, there are a few old head supporters that will have some influence and final approval of whoever is selected. At Florida these guys are called Bull Gators. At Tech they are guys, like John Dewberry who have significant financial capital invested in the program and direct blood lines due to having played at Tech or being related to others who have played at Tech. These are the guys charged with being the keepers of the flame. Their voice carries actual weight unlike a poster on a message board.

I think Stansbury is the right guy to guide this process and make this decision and I think he will do a great job whomever he selects.

Go Jackets!

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
A while back, someone on here posted a list of coaches whose results consistently outperformed their projected finish based on recruiting rankings. Can anyone find that list or find the link to it? Given our current predicament, it would be interesting to look at the names on that list.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The more I think about it, the more I want Geoff Collins or Tony Elliott. Both guys are great recruiters and know the area. I'm partial to Collins right now because he has HC experience and some ties to us which should make the donors happy.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Name them
DC at Mississippi State for 4 years (solid all 4 years) and Florida for 2 (finished in the top 11 both years). He was a DC for FIU and Western Carolina as well. He's been recruiting coordinator at multiple places including here. He won a bowl game with Temple last year for Temple's first bowl win in like 5 years. He is now 8-4 and could easily be 9-3 with a win over UCF if they had any help from the refs on the road. They are 7-1 in their conference and UCF was the only team to beat them. He is only 47 and it has been reported that he is pushing for this job since he is from Georgia.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Am I the only one that thinks Neal Brown looks like a towel manager that somehow snuck in and started coaching? He just doesn't "look" like a head coach. More like the head water guy.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Brett McMurphy reports Mike Houston will not be accepting the Charlotte job because he wants to pursue other opportunities.

Probably angling for East Carolina, but something to keep an eye on.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Am I the only one that thinks Neal Brown looks like a towel manager that somehow snuck in and started coaching? He just doesn't "look" like a head coach. More like the head water guy.
Well just remember when Clemson picked Dabo most of us thought he looked like this
th

and when I see him he looks like this

upload_2018-11-30_13-32-43.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.