Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Elliott has only been at Clemson. He took over the OC duties from his mentor Chad Morris who is the genius behind the Clemson offense. (Morris has struggled on his transition to head coach at Arkansas). Clemson is open recruiting. Most of the guys he is recruiting would not be admitted into Tech. A ton of the Clemson players major in Turf studies and Sports Management. Elliott is smart and has a good story. He is recommended by Dabo and will get his shot a being a head coach at some point. Probably when Dabo goes to Alabama to replace Sabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I will still take him now and if Dabo leaves I would understand. But I don't see Dabo going to Alabama

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
Houston is going to take the East Carolina job
I am sure he would reconsider if Tech called. Some people seem worried he has never been a D1 head coach, but the man does nothing but WIN BABY! He won at the Citadel running the Triple O, but successfully implemented a spread at JMU. He is EXACTLY what Tech needs to transition the offense. If Stansbury doesn't at least give him an interview, he doesn't have as many as watts as I thought!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
DC at Mississippi State for 4 years (solid all 4 years) and Florida for 2 (finished in the top 11 both years). He was a DC for FIU and Western Carolina as well. He's been recruiting coordinator at multiple places including here. He won a bowl game with Temple last year for Temple's first bowl win in like 5 years. He is now 8-4 and could easily be 9-3 with a win over UCF if they had any help from the refs on the road. They are 7-1 in their conference and UCF was the only team to beat them. He is only 47 and it has been reported that he is pushing for this job since he is from Georgia.
Nothing here wows me.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Tony Elliott & Brent Key, supposedly contacted GT and expressed interest. Tony has been very selective on interviewing so his desire to coach GT is telling.

Where does the report of them contacting GT come from?

Just asking.

Also interesting from a 'other jobs open' standpoint ..

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Elliott has only been at Clemson. He took over the OC duties from his mentor Chad Morris who is the genius behind the Clemson offense. (Morris has struggled on his transition to head coach at Arkansas). Clemson is open recruiting. Most of the guys he is recruiting would not be admitted into Tech. A ton of the Clemson players major in Turf studies and Sports Management. Elliott is smart and has a good story. He is recommended by Dabo and will get his shot a being a head coach at some point. Probably when Dabo goes to Alabama to replace Sabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Morris's struggles at Ark give me pause about hiring Elliott

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Nothing here wows me.

Geoff Collins wows me plenty. Solid credentials as a P5 DC, solid credentials as a recruiter...bowl games in his first two years as HC at Temple (8-4 this year). Experience recruiting our area, including as a recruiter at Tech (had a big part in the 2007 recruiting class, best in at least 20 years here). I see a lot to like.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Geoff Collins wows me plenty. Solid credentials as a P5 DC, solid credentials as a recruiter...bowl games in his first two years as HC at Temple (8-4 this year). Experience recruiting our area, including as a recruiter at Tech (had a big part in the 2007 recruiting class, best in at least 20 years here). I see a lot to like.

Wouldn’t he negatively recruit GT a lot even resulting in a db flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.