Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
All of you dumb***es are about to find out the harsh reality of “Money talks, bull**** walks.” Ain’t no coach worth his salt gonna come here and be told he only has the budget for a whopping 3-4 recruiters. They’re gonna want an assistant coach whose only job IS recruiting. And that includes young and up and coming coaches that are “hot” right now. Not only that, you also now have to pay for an OC AND a head coach. And don’t even get me started on the reality of academic restrictions at The Institute, that goes without saying. I can’t think of anyone based off lack of resources/interest and academics that would even think about sniffing this job.

And personally, these coaches all know about each other and most, if not all, respect Paul Johnson for his coaching abilities and for his achievements. They know he’s a HOF-caliber coach and that if GT wasn’t willing to do what it takes for even him to be successful here, why in the hell would they waste their time coming here.

Y’all are about to enter of period of next-level dog sh** type of bad and I can’t think of a more deserving fan base than GT’s. The overwhelming majority of you all as alumni and “fans” are either super dumb and/or super arrogant to think that you can just make chicken soup out of chicken sh** just cause you’re engineers. You guys are gonna be looking real cool with your modern offense when you’re 2-10 or worse. You might not have a winning record for the next 5-10 seasons but hey, “we’re passing more!”

This is a sad, sad day for GT. For those of you looking for the answer about whether or not GT is committed to being competitive in today’s CFB, you got your answer. They had a gift in Johnson and you just let him walk right out the door... and I’m right behind him.

Good luck in the future. I have a feeling you guys are gonna need all the luck you can get. Goodbye.

a8yZJfJ_d.jpg

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
All of you dumb***es are about to find out the harsh reality of “Money talks, bull**** walks.” Ain’t no coach worth his salt gonna come here and be told he only has the budget for a whopping 3-4 recruiters. They’re gonna want an assistant coach whose only job IS recruiting. And that includes young and up and coming coaches that are “hot” right now. Not only that, you also now have to pay for an OC AND a head coach. And don’t even get me started on the reality of academic restrictions at The Institute, that goes without saying. I can’t think of anyone based off lack of resources/interest and academics that would even think about sniffing this job.

And personally, these coaches all know about each other and most, if not all, respect Paul Johnson for his coaching abilities and for his achievements. They know he’s a HOF-caliber coach and that if GT wasn’t willing to do what it takes for even him to be successful here, why in the hell would they waste their time coming here.

Y’all are about to enter of period of next-level dog sh** type of bad and I can’t think of a more deserving fan base than GT’s. The overwhelming majority of you all as alumni and “fans” are either super dumb and/or super arrogant to think that you can just make chicken soup out of chicken sh** just cause you’re engineers. You guys are gonna be looking real cool with your modern offense when you’re 2-10 or worse. You might not have a winning record for the next 5-10 seasons but hey, “we’re passing more!”

This is a sad, sad day for GT. For those of you looking for the answer about whether or not GT is committed to being competitive in today’s CFB, you got your answer. They had a gift in Johnson and you just let him walk right out the door... and I’m right behind him.

Good luck in the future. I have a feeling you guys are gonna need all the luck you can get. Goodbye.

Dang. CPJ was never going to coach forever. Most thought he would stay 2 or 3 years. So, the challenge of finding a new coach was always going to happen. But best wishes, anyway.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Took me a long time to read through this thread (and it’s only been a few hours since the CPJ news broke), but I’m sure of one thing: I’m glad Todd is in charge of hiring the next coach, and not all of us on this board. Talk about a cluster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why? There's nothing wrong with having opinions on who should be hired;)

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck

You must be a real treat to be around. Step off the ledge before you hurt yourself.

This to me is the perfect example of someone being a fan of a coach more than the program. Which is fine if that’s how you feel, but everyone else isn’t an idiot because they don’t feel the same way.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer

I’m confused. Why are you on a Tech board if you aren’t a Tech fan?

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck

Looking at your history, all posts are negative. See you bud!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I said it above, so I'll say it again: we need to hire Bohannon and right now.

The other candidates will either be unable to make use of the players we now have - and we've got some good ones - or be too expensive. First, if we hire someone who will come in and try to use players recruited for a system offense to run an O premised on having a few "playmakers", we will be looking at multiple years of disastrous seasons. I keep hearing about "football irrelevancy" here; have a string of 3 - 9 years and see where we end up. We have been able to keep the program steady and get to great heights occasionally largely because we have been recruited for a system O that allows us to specialize our recruiting so that we get players we can use effectively. Someone like Malzahn or Wisenhunt or Satterfield would be lost at Tech and unable to get the players they need to run their programs. Bohannon could step right in without a hiccup.

Second, we could get him for a decent price. We need every extra penny for program development now. Someone like Malzahn would be another (and less successful) Paul Hewitt.

This is, as some above have said, a big decision, especially with recruiting in a sensitive stage. Hire Bohannon (provided he'd leave KSU, of course) and we'll get the continuity we need. Bring in a "disruptor" and we'll end up the Sears-Roebuck of college football.

Then not having any players on the roster to run the TO, CPJ should have never been hired to start with.

jacobchbe

Jolly Good Fellow

I fear you may be right. Any change to a more traditional offense will mean a few painful years of complete **** even with a good hire.

TarTriton

Georgia Tech Fan
These were not in priority order.

Even in priority order I don’t think Ted Roof should even be considered.

Good riddance :sleep:

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Fun reading all the responses & ideas.

Feel bad for asst coaches.

Within 36 hours curry will have another "look at me moment" and be talking everywhere why Ken W should be our next HC.

Glad I am not TStan right now I suppose.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking at your history, all posts are negative. See you bud!

Sounds like some of us, although admittedly his post was a bit extreme.

A few folks only post negative stuff ... and even though we have pages of "Thank You, Seniors" threads over the years they don't even bother to post "Thanks for playing hard. I didn't think you were that good, though."

I really hope none of us were so negative to the point that we tweeted at and FB'd players telling them they sucked. Or smashed their car window because they dropped a pass or missed a pick.

Whoever we hire is probably going to have half the board up in arms and the other half cheering madly. At least it'll be a fun ride. :D

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if tHere is a chance to get Dino Babers or Steve Addazzio? Addazzio’s offense may take too long to transition to from our personnel but if he can win at BC...

I hate to admit it but I’d be good with Monken. Tony Elliott is interesting, saw Freddie Burden tweet that we should be all in on him. Can’t imagine Venables would be interested, I suspect he si waiting for the big SEC or Big 12 job.

Brent key should be on the list as well. I hate the whisenhunt idea (no college experience, too Chan-ish) and I am from Pittsburgh and would have been happy had they named him HC instead of Tomlin.

I like Kliff kingsbury, but I guess his record is not encouraging.

Seth Greenberg? I’ll keep brainstorming...

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if tHere is a chance to get Dino Babers or Steve Addazzio? Addazzio’s offense may take too long to transition to from our personnel but if he can win at BC...

I hate to admit it but I’d be good with Monken. Tony Elliott is interesting, saw Freddie Burden tweet that we should be all in on him. Can’t imagine Venables would be interested, I suspect he si waiting for the big SEC or Big 12 job.

Brent key should be on the list as well. I hate the whisenhunt idea (no college experience, too Chan-ish) and I am from Pittsburgh and would have been happy had they named him HC instead of Tomlin.

I like Kliff kingsbury, but I guess his record is not encouraging.

Seth Greenberg? I’ll keep brainstorming...

Dino Babers will never leave Syracuse for GT

Status
Not open for further replies.