Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
This is the most important election of your life!!!!

But seriously, this hire is a big deal. Get it right, it could rejuvenate the fanbase after two sorta meh years. Get it wrong, this past season could be the best season we have for another ten years....

Mojo71

Georgia Tech Fan
This is my top 3 coaching candidates:
1. Josh Heupel: got to hire the best available guy. Enough said!
2. Jeff Monken: can Tech compete for titles with the sort of same offense?
3. Neal Brown: has been solid, especially on defense, but...does Tech believe in him?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I have ZERO confidence that we will hire someone who will improve our situation. I’m not convinced that GT or the fans are willing to make the commitment necessary in sports to be anything better than mediocre. Losing CPJ is going to hurt. My only question is whether it will hurt for three years or a decade...possibly never getting any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BootsCostMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
All of you dumb***es are about to find out the harsh reality of “Money talks, bull**** walks.” Ain’t no coach worth his salt gonna come here and be told he only has the budget for a whopping 3-4 recruiters. They’re gonna want an assistant coach whose only job IS recruiting. And that includes young and up and coming coaches that are “hot” right now. Not only that, you also now have to pay for an OC AND a head coach. And don’t even get me started on the reality of academic restrictions at The Institute, that goes without saying. I can’t think of anyone based off lack of resources/interest and academics that would even think about sniffing this job.

And personally, these coaches all know about each other and most, if not all, respect Paul Johnson for his coaching abilities and for his achievements. They know he’s a HOF-caliber coach and that if GT wasn’t willing to do what it takes for even him to be successful here, why in the hell would they waste their time coming here.

Y’all are about to enter of period of next-level dog sh** type of bad and I can’t think of a more deserving fan base than GT’s. The overwhelming majority of you all as alumni and “fans” are either super dumb and/or super arrogant to think that you can just make chicken soup out of chicken sh** just cause you’re engineers. You guys are gonna be looking real cool with your modern offense when you’re 2-10 or worse. You might not have a winning record for the next 5-10 seasons but hey, “we’re passing more!”

This is a sad, sad day for GT. For those of you looking for the answer about whether or not GT is committed to being competitive in today’s CFB, you got your answer. They had a gift in Johnson and you just let him walk right out the door... and I’m right behind him.

Good luck in the future. I have a feeling you guys are gonna need all the luck you can get. Goodbye.

babuka

Georgia Tech Fan
RPO based offense with some triple mixed in out of shotgun and the occasional under center play. Mobile QB with better passing capability. Still difficult to prepare for but doesn’t have the stigma and can prepare kids for next level.

Defense is a 4-3 Under cover 3 based scheme.

Coach who has some recent experience (past 5-6 years) with big time programs like a Bama. Is a great recruiter and can serve as a respectable role model to school like David Shaw at Stanford.

State “no one can prepare you better for your life and career whether it is on the field or in an office. “

Last edited:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
All of you dumb***es are about to find out the harsh reality of “Money talks, bull**** walks.” Ain’t no coach worth his salt gonna come here and be told he only has the budget for a whopping 3-4 recruiters. They’re gonna want an assistant coach whose only job IS recruiting. And that includes young and up and coming coaches that are “hot” right now. Not only that, you also now have to pay for an OC AND a head coach. And don’t even get me started on the reality of academic restrictions at The Institute, that goes without saying. I can’t think of anyone based off lack of resources/interest and academics that would even think about sniffing this job.

And personally, these coaches all know about each other and most, if not all, respect Paul Johnson for his coaching abilities and for his achievements. They know he’s a HOF-caliber coach and that if GT wasn’t willing to do what it takes for even him to be successful here, why in the hell would they waste their time coming here.

Y’all are about to enter of period of next-level dog sh** type of bad and I can’t think of a more deserving fan base than GT’s. The overwhelming majority of you all as alumni and “fans” are either super dumb and/or super arrogant to think that you can just make chicken soup out of chicken sh** just cause you’re engineers. You guys are gonna be looking real cool with your modern offense when you’re 2-10 or worse. You might not have a winning record for the next 5-10 seasons but hey, “we’re passing more!”

This is a sad, sad day for GT. For those of you looking for the answer about whether or not GT is committed to being competitive in today’s CFB, you got your answer. They had a gift in Johnson and you just let him walk right out the door... and I’m right behind him.

Good luck in the future. I have a feeling you guys are gonna need all the luck you can get. Goodbye.
Really classy:asshat:

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Please no Whisenhunt. Please no... we need someone to attract players not tech fans.

Also need someone to attract fans that are not Tech fans now.

I just feel like Whiz is a rerun of hiring Fulcher and curry .

Done for the wrong reasons and not attractive to recruits or new fans.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I do find it interesting that almost all the names that have surfaced online have been offensive guys except Geoff Collins. I think a guy like Elko or Mason at Vanderbilt might be interesting to add to the mix. Almost all the coaches in the ACC have an offensive background (Narduzzi and Bronco might be the only two that don't) so that might be another way to separate ourselves from everyone else. Just something else to discuss.

THWG

Helluva Engineer

Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Took me a long time to read through this thread (and it’s only been a few hours since the CPJ news broke), but I’m sure of one thing: I’m glad Todd is in charge of hiring the next coach, and not all of us on this board. Talk about a cluster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
NO WILLIE FRITZ. Struggled to win at Tulane. Had his best year this year, and they barely got to 6-6.
NO WHISENHUNT. In what world is a guy with absolutely no recruiting experience, and almost no college experience, a good fit to be a P5 HC?
Brown, Satterfield, Monken maybe. I would absolutely love Malzahn, though.
It's almost impossible to win at Tulane and Willie Fritz has done a very good job considering

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

Really classy:asshat::asshat::asshat::asshat::asshat:

Status
Not open for further replies.