Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Most years he won 7 and then won a crap bowl game. The guy after him went to 3 straight bowls as well. He improved the program, but didn't do anything outstanding besides the one 11 win season. Boring football, and obviously not a great defensive coach the way OSU gave up points this year.
So basically he is Paul Johnson

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Tony Elliott has my vote.
Unless things have changed you can't talk to a coach till their season has ended , that school can give you permission but you are looking at a coach playing for a championship. Not sure what Dabo would say I don't think he would hold a coach up but would want him yo stay till after their game.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
Look for our fund raising to be done and looking in 5 to 6 mill range for new coach.... TStans took the money ... over trying to get the program back on track with the new initiatives he had started and he plainly stated CPJ had been behind the eight ball with other AD...timing is everything but think we are 3 years to early CPJ had us trending up and with more money ...the big dogs who didn’t like an offense paid to get what they wanted ...I know one of them and he is a **** ...never pissed between a pair of cleats ... not much respect for TStan....he is now a bought man ... not a place I would want to be in ...

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Unless things have changed you can't talk to a coach till their season has ended , that school can give you permission but you are looking at a coach playing for a championship. Not sure what Dabo would say I don't think he would hold a coach up but would want him yo stay till after their game.
Tennessee hired Jeremy Pruitt before the Playoffs last season and he recruited for Tennessee while on the Alabama coaching staff

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Kiffin was speaking with FAU in the middle of Bama's CFP run. I don't think there is any rules stopping it.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Let me ask Y'all something our AD holds a new conference to name our new head coach . He is not one the people anyone pick on here. You have not heard of him and have to google his name just to see who he is , how long are you going to give him ?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
You couldn't be more wrong. You're just upset because pj quit.
Now, that's what I call an in-depth response!

If I'm wrong, tell us why. And be specific about how we can get around the recruiting limitations, please. (Btw, a "We couldn't recruit because of our offense" won't be taken seriously unless you can figure out a way to back it up.)

And, yes, I am upset that Coach quit. I was looking forward to a 10 win season next year with what we have coming back and another year with Woody's D. I might add that anyone who isn't upset by this situation hasn't been paying attention to Tech football for long. What I fear is that we will fall into the GSU trap: hire someone who wants to change everything, fails dramatically for 2 - 3 years, then fail to hire someone from Coach's tree and get things back on track. Let's hope we don't do that.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Let me ask Y'all something our AD holds a new conference to name our new head coach . He is not one the people anyone pick on here. You have not heard of him and have to google his name just to see who he is , how long are you going to give him ?
I remember when Chan Gailey was hired. It wasn't good. I seem to remember he took his time getting here because the Miami Dolphins were still in the NFL playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.