Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I’m trying to read the tea leaves like everybody else. What do y’all make of the fact it appears as if all the assistant coaches are still going full throttle on the recruiting trail and no commits have pulled back. On top of that, we added a commit. I think it leads to 2 possible candidates(not going to say who or why I think right now to get unbiased opinions). How do y’all read the assistant coach and commits. (Lead to candidate X or doesn’t mean anything in terms of the next HC.
I've been thinking the same thing. It really seems to me to be a very underplayed subplot.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
All APR did was create more disparity between the factories and the “real” schools (schools w/o basket weaving). Progressing towards worthless coast through degrees is no more academically legitimate than the previous system of having your lunkheads tread water through remedial courses to preserve their eligibility. (And we did our fair share of the latter before APR)
Amen to that.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Can you guys please stop?

Stop what? I had a son who was extremely high academically (perfect ACT and SAT, National Merit, Presidential Scholar, etc.), so we went through these processes with many of the best schools in the country, and I learned the difference between high end private schools and a school like my alma mater. I was just trying to share that knowledge with others. Why is that a problem?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
A guy on one of the Temple sites said he knows people “in the know” from GT and Temple. Said that Whiz is the first choice and Collins the second. Thinks Collins gone if offered the job. Said George O’Leary is for Collins. Doesn’t know how true the Whiz time frame is, but expect something to happen soon.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
fireball4.gif

I wonder how much they pay that guy to drag him back like that. Maybe he gets an added bonus for every swat that he earns.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm not picking up what you're laying down, here.
Showing that there are variables that can cause a dip in production, like, changing the culture, system ect. Just because he didn’t follow his predecessor in win totals doesn’t mean he’s not or can’t be a good coach.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Stop what? I had a son who was extremely high academically (perfect ACT and SAT, National Merit, Presidential Scholar, etc.), so we went through these processes with many of the best schools in the country, and I learned the difference between high end private schools and a school like my alma mater. I was just trying to share that knowledge with others. Why is that a problem?
Can we please not turn this into another academic thread

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Showing that there are variables that can cause a dip in production, like, changing the culture, system ect. Just because he didn’t follow his predecessor in win totals doesn’t mean he’s not or can’t be a good coach.
Good to know we shouldn’t expect Collins to match his predecessor in wins until at least year three. Save that tweet so we can show it to the fanbase after two years of less wins than CPJ’s last year. I’m sure it will smooth things over.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Good to know we shouldn’t expect Collins to match his predecessor in wins until at least year three. Save that tweet so we can show it to the fanbase after two years of less wins than CPJ’s last year. I’m sure it will smooth things over.
That’s not what was being said at all.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Found this on another board, and the guy I found it from found it on another board lol

Found this on another board about the year after Rhule left Temple

Although they did lose a 4 year starting quarterback, leading rusher, their entire starting LB core and 6 other off/def starters before Collins took over in 2017. So I would call that a rebuild year after a core of seniors and Rhule led them to the AAC championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.