Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I’m trying to read the tea leaves like everybody else. What do y’all make of the fact it appears as if all the assistant coaches are still going full throttle on the recruiting trail and no commits have pulled back. On top of that, we added a commit. I think it leads to 2 possible candidates(not going to say who or why I think right now to get unbiased opinions). How do y’all read the assistant coach and commits. (Lead to candidate X or doesn’t mean anything in terms of the next HC.
Standard op I guess. They still want jobs. Plus any HC would be crazy not to retain Andy Mac in some aspect.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
My understanding is once you are in at Stanford......it is easier to stay. With the APR in place, it is not just a matter of getting someone accepted.......it is keeping them progressing toward a degree. So why bother recruiting kids that won't.

Apr is a farce. Its self regulated. Tech as other programs to can tweak a degree requirements for progress to make it easier on SA. Thats part of the school helping out. For instance more flexible electives. Or class xyz during this pre requisite.

Bama was a top apr school.

Its a farce. U need to be creative on how to deal with the metric

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I just want this to be over.......

HC: Collins (best option imo)
OC: Brent Key (I know it’s not the popular choice for some on here)
CB/recruiting coordinator/ST: Charles Kelly
S: Nathan Burton
RB: Tashard Choice
WR: best available
OL: best available

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Apr is a farce. Its self regulated. Tech as other programs to can tweak a degree requirements for progress to make it easier on SA. Thats part of the school helping out. For instance more flexible electives. Or class xyz during this pre requisite.

Its a farce. U need to be creative on how to deal with the metric
Tech doesn’t seem to do any “APR engineering” (unless I’m missimg something). Yet another unique challenge of the job.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
If u think the bulk of our kids playing football fit into the mean or avg of the normal tech student academically well sir, sorry to break it to ya ;)

No, I don’t. That was my point, I just (apparently) did not articulate it very well. If we make exceptions for ball players and Stanford does the same, then maybe we should expect to have similar results on the field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
More difficult to get into. Lol. Admissions dont apply for kids offered a ship. Both tech and stanford 95 percent of the 85 kids on ship, at least, dont get in on their own without football.

By definition the whole program is an exception.

When we talk exception at tech regarding football we are referring to admitting kids with bare minimum ncaa standards. Which is below the tech SA football standard. Which is still far below the normal student standard. Stanford is similar in structure.

If u think the bulk of our kids playing football fit into the mean or avg of the normal tech student academically well sir, sorry to break it to ya ;)
I doubt anyone here is that naive. But the comparison that really matters is how our SA’s academically compare to the mean NCAA football player. We routinely have one of, if not the, highest class SAT average in college football. That ain’t no coincidence. Relative to the rest of college football, we’re the smart kids.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I’m trying to read the tea leaves like everybody else. What do y’all make of the fact it appears as if all the assistant coaches are still going full throttle on the recruiting trail and no commits have pulled back. On top of that, we added a commit. I think it leads to 2 possible candidates(not going to say who or why I think right now to get unbiased opinions). How do y’all read the assistant coach and commits. (Lead to candidate X or doesn’t mean anything in terms of the next HC.

I doubt the assistant coaches have a clue who the next coach is going to be. They are just being pros and selling the school.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
All APR did was create more disparity between the factories and the “real” schools (schools w/o basket weaving). Progressing towards worthless coast through degrees is no more academically legitimate than the previous system of having your lunkheads tread water through remedial courses to preserve their eligibility. (And we did our fair share of the latter before APR)

Last edited:

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree with you. I don’t deny that Stanford offers more degree programs than Georgia Tech, but it is far more difficult to get into. The unknown for me is if they make more exceptions for athletes than we do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would argue with the “far more difficult” to get in to. Have you looked at what it takes to get into Tech these days? Maybe more difficult but not “far ....

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
My understanding is once you are in at Stanford......it is easier to stay. With the APR in place, it is not just a matter of getting someone accepted.......it is keeping them progressing toward a degree. So why bother recruiting kids that won't.

This is exactly right. They are more "picky" and "choosy" about who gets accepted, but once they start receiving the private tuition and fees, they are not trying to flunk anyone out. That is why those on here that are only GT fans usually try to compare GT to Stanford, Duke, Vandy, etc., but it is apples and oranges. Those private schools have majors that are very easy, especially when you have tutors.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
This is exactly right. They are more "picky" and "choosy" about who gets accepted, but once they start receiving the private tuition and fees, they are not trying to flunk anyone out. That is why those on here that are only GT fans usually try to compare GT to Stanford, Duke, Vandy, etc., but it is apples and oranges. Those private schools have majors that are very easy, especially when you have tutors.
Can you guys please stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.