Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
They can offer the smart kids more than we can, more majors, more prestige. Hell, even their engineering school is higher rated than ours.

FWIW, take it as maybe a friend making another friend that's a GT fan feel better, but I have friends that coach at GA HS. All of them have said in various ways that NO school in the ACC and SEC want GT to be good or have an attractive system because it makes harder for them to recruit. GT can be a player, and give these other schools that have been poaching recruits since CPJ got here a serious run for their money. NONE of them were threatened by GT when it came to recruits on offense because GT was a non-starter for them, and it was easy to show front seven recruits photos of our DLs walking to practice with knee braces to negative recruit against us.

Those same sentiments have been repeated lately by various media members now that CPJ has stepped down and GT is looking for a new coach.

Like I said earlier, we all will see soon how true those statements are.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The top 2 quarterbacks in the 1991 class were Heath Shuler and Donnie Davis. Donnie Davis' high school team beat Heath Shuler's in the 1990 North Carolina high school football championship game.
Do you think if Geoff were hired he'd have any shot at Key or Godsey as the OC? or do you think either would be a good fit?

Beats me but Coach Collins probably has most of his staff already in his back pocket ready to go at a moment's notice.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Football Program Budget:
Georgia............$38.88M
Clemson...........$34.67M
Virginia Tech...$31.15M
Miami..............$28.47M

Georgia Tech...$17.38M

We've got big structural problems to solve, not just getting a different head coach, before we can talk about contending for 4 and 5 star talent consistently.
I believe this with all my heart. And I am a glass half full guy that loves GT!!!! THWG!!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
ya'll don't understand how much @kg01 's feelings are gonna be hurt...
fireball4.gif

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hol' on, I wakes up to some jak-leg tryna snake the get-bak coach position from me?

ashley-wagner-BS1.gif

Remember who was looking out for you when you make the Get Back Coach hall of fame. Save me a bowl of ice cream at the ceremony...

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Something that I haven’t seen anybody talk about in terms qualities in the new coach.....Graduation success rate. TS brought up in the letter the other day. Going from 48 to 86 under CPJ. I’m not saying only CPJ can graduate players, but it’s going to be a big piece in the decision. I think the new coach will need a history for graduating players

Status
Not open for further replies.