Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
Our "flagship" radio station and host Brian Finneran are claiming that Tech has offered Ken Wisenhunt, and has 48 hours to accept the offer that was given to him. Says the source was someone who was on the same flight as Wisenhunts wife. If this is true....God help us.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
If you have $99 I would sign up. Well worth it, because you get the $99 dollar gift code. I did and got a knitted baby blanket for my 2nd son, a set of 3 golf balls with buzz on them for my 1st son, a fairway buzz head cover, an adidas T shirt, and a long sleeve sweater material shirt for my wife. I came out of pocket like $19 for the remained over the $99.
The offense that Friedgen ran here did great

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Our "flagship" radio station and host Brian Finneran are claiming that Tech has offered Ken Wisenhunt, and has 48 hours to accept the offer that was given to him. Says the source was someone who was on the same flight as Wisenhunts wife. If this is true....God help us.
that was the rumor posted on here last night. probably where they got it from lmao.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

We already knew that so F him/them.

Interesting nugget ...

I hope NW gets it. If not, I hope we keep him. Did a good job.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
We already knew that so F him/them.

Interesting nugget ...

I hope NW gets it. If not, I hope we keep him. Did a good job.

I think that Coach Woody will be named head coach of Appalachian State:cigar: On the Yosefs Cabin Appalachian State Message Board it seemed that the two main candidates they wanted were Coach Nate Woody and Larry Fedora:cigar:

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
This thread reminds me of the Volnation board and the hiring of Jeremy Pruitt. They hated him. Didn't want him. Didn't think he was right for UT.

Then they found that UT wasn't a destination job anymore. They couldn't find ONE head coach who would take the job. Heck, Butch Jones had been their seventh pick. And after a CF of a search, Phil Fulmer swoops in and brings in ... a football coach. A guy who grew up in football. Lives it. Loves it. Excelled at it. And the fans find ... they can beat Auburn. Kentucky. Things are moving in a positive direction. The kids play until the whistle blows. And for a full 60 min.

Regardless of WHO the head coach will be, it's ultimately going to be the assistants and the support that make the difference. I don't have an opinion on KW but ... he has the support of the AD, the donors, and the Hill. That's a lot better than coming in and having the support of ... no one.

We have to build a PROGRAM again. If KW is the guy that can get things moving for 4-5 years and we tee up another, fine. I personally like the idea of KW along with Tee Martin as OC, keeping Woody and building a great modern staff. Do I think some of the others would? I don't know. But it's pretty strong when you have the stars aligned around one guy. If those stars are focused on what it will take to build a program we can be proud of.
LMAO Pruitt is a terrible coach. That's exactly what I don't want. I spent years trying to tell Vol fans how bad of a coach Butch was before they finally believed me and for some reason I'm having to go down the same path with Pruitt.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
LMAO Pruitt is a terrible coach. That's exactly what I don't want. I spent years trying to tell Vol fans how bad of a coach Butch was before they finally believed me and for some reason I'm having to go down the same path with Pruitt.
Coach Pruitt is a good head coach and will turn Tennessee around;) Tennessee was ravaged with injuries in 2018(The offensive and defensive lines were destroyed by injuries) and there wasn't much talent left by Botch Jones,it will take 3-5 years to turn things around:cigar:

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

Based on what? I agree, Butch was terrible head coach and is a HUGE reason not to hire from down conference. Pruit? I think he is exactly what Tennessee needs right now.

jeffgt14

jeffgt14

Based on what? I agree, Butch was terrible head coach and is a HUGE reason not to hire from down conference. Pruit? I think he is exactly what Tennessee needs right now.
Pruitt somehow has managed to move on to better and better jobs his whole career despite being somewhat pedestrian at his job not being anywhere long enough to prove he particularly excels at anything (or sucks at anything to his credit).

I give him full credit for being able to market himself and continually put himself in positions where he can't fail until now but he is the very definition of the Peter Principle.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Just read that Whisenhunt is being pushed by TSTAN and not all big $$$ donors. That's contrary to what's being reported lately that TStan is getting his walking orders by influential donors.

Either way, unless we get a homerun hire, TStans standing among GT fans is about to take a big hit.

Also, there's reports that Satterfield wanted to talk to GT hence the delay with Louisville. Unfortunately it sounds like Satterfield wasn't even on our Tier 1 list. Never even got a courtesy call. To make it worse, Satterfield ended up going to Louisville for less than $2million/year. Think about that. Best non P5 candidate on the market, willing to coach for a discount, and wasn't even considered at GT.

If Ryan Day doesn't get the job, lots of good candidates will be lining up waiting on Ohio State...and dominoes will start falling at other schools. GT being the prettiest girl could turn to GT being the drunkest girl at the bar.

Ugh...

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Just read that Whisenhunt is being pushed by TSTAN and not all big $$$ donors. That's contrary to what's being reported lately that TStan is getting his walking orders by influential donors.

Either way, unless we get a homerun hire, TStans standing among GT fans is about to take a big hit.

Also, there's reports that Satterfield wanted to talk to GT hence the delay with Louisville. Unfortunately it sounds like Satterfield wasn't even on our Tier 1 list. Never even got a courtesy call. To make it worse, Satterfield ended up going to Louisville for less than $2million/year. Think about that. Best non P5 candidate on the market, willing to coach for a discount, and wasn't even considered at GT.

If Ryan Day doesn't get the job, lots of good candidates will be lining up waiting on Ohio State...and dominoes will start falling at other schools. GT being the prettiest girl could turn to GT being the drunkest girl at the bar.

Ugh...
Geoff Collins would be a top notch hire:cigar:

jeffgt14

Ugh...
Because it's one donor

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I just have to disagree with you in a friendly way that rebuilding and getting your own players is BS;)

Ryan Day should win from Day 1. He inherits a team and a philosophy that already works. I think if you are dramatically changing the playing philosophy ... a transition might be necessary. But, this is why a lot of programs are mired in mediocrity. They have no philosophy and lose momentum by changing every few years. Consistency is a wonderful accelerator.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Pruitt somehow has managed to move on to better and better jobs his whole career despite being somewhat pedestrian at his job not being anywhere long enough to prove he particularly excels at anything (or sucks at anything to his credit).

I give him full credit for being able to market himself and continually put himself in positions where he can't fail until now but he is the very definition of the Peter Principle.

Ok. So to be clear, all you are citing is anecdotal evidence ... fair enough. Personally, I like him. I think he's blunt, direct, and demanding. UT will be a good test for him then.

Status
Not open for further replies.