Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodstock

Georgia Tech Fan
From: https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...orgia-tech-job-monday/PGHpSEWkVFFnTTHWdJwwAJ/

People familiar with Stansbury’s thinking believe that he will interview additional candidates. Tech’s interest in Whisenhunt has created an uproar among Tech fans, deeming him a poor choice because of his lack of experience at the college level, among other reasons.​

I would prefer a coach with successful college coaching experience that also realizes what -- and has plans to overcome -- the obstacles are at Tech.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Apparently Satterfield is off the table; headed for that sewer in Louisville. Would you be surprised if Johnson wound up at Appalachian? I wouldn't. Don't expect it, but it would not surprise me.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Urban is available after their bowl game. Far less pressure in than OSU. Definitely an innovator, but tons of baggage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
From: https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...orgia-tech-job-monday/PGHpSEWkVFFnTTHWdJwwAJ/

People familiar with Stansbury’s thinking believe that he will interview additional candidates. Tech’s interest in Whisenhunt has created an uproar among Tech fans, deeming him a poor choice because of his lack of experience at the college level, among other reasons.​

I would prefer a coach with successful college coaching experience that also realizes what -- and has plans to overcome -- the obstacles are at Tech.

Yes it would. He wants a chance at a national title. Got to be at a power 5 for that.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I would take him in a heartbeat. He’s one of the best if not the best coach in college football. Unfortunately, I don’t think he has any desire to come to Tech, at least not for an amount of money that we have.

Article says he is stepping down to a brain cyst ... I think he's done.

Animal02

Banned
We have different definitions I think.

I remember the old Navy Armory on Third Street. And when Homer came in and built the Edge. Now, TStan wants to demolish Edge and build a new center.

Massive fundraising (by our standards) followed by infrastructure and employee spend ... in my book ... is rebuilding. We need a vision and a consistency, matched by investment, to do what we want to do. I have no expectations that we will win a Nattie again. I do think we should be able to win 8 games a year with an occassional breakout to 9, 10, or 11. Consistency. We spend and stop. Hire a coach and fire. Stop/start. That's not a program. That's a department.
I watched them tear the old naval armory building down during the summer of 80 while painting Glen dorm.
I do agree the Athletic Department needs rebuilding. The football program does not. :p
I think it would be foolish to tear down the Edge building. But then I thought it was foolish to tear down the entire horseshoe end of the stadium as well. (Thought they should have left the outer perimeter and it's historical look.....and should have just taken down the stands,)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Heh, I guess this kills the debate over whether or not GT was the best open job on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.