Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
By the way, read today there are rumors floating out of Auburn. I think Malzahn would do well here.

Not crazy about Malzahn.
I didn’t get on here during the last 2 seasons. Had no interest. I watched the games but there was no hope in winning anything. This is the first time in 3 years I’m excited about GT football

I guess. The last two years haven't been great and I was highly dissappointed last year, but we won 9 in 16. Was a pretty good year. May win 8 this year, but it does feel hollow.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I’ll support whatever happens. I wanted a change and everything that comes with it. I was tired of that offense, lack of recruiting and everyone except GT fans saying we could do so much better. I know we can do better. Just have to hope it works out.

I also want to say that those of you with this “I’m sitting back watching the CPJ haters wrong their hands” attitude suck. PJ retired. He wasn’t fired. He wasn’t run off. He retired in his own. He started out 1-3 after going 1-3 in making bowls leading up to it. We got beat by every team with a pulse this year. We beat a down VT and Miami team who flat out sucked. Don’t delude yourselves into thinking those were quality wins. UVA may be our only quality win this year. That’s the truth of it. We are better than that. I believe PJ when he said he almost retired 3 years ago. I’d like to think he just slipped a little and got tired and lost his mojo and was simply going through the motions. The program has had that feeling for 3 years. Except for the 2016 Ugag win which was PJ doing nothing more than taking advantage of a new coaching staff over there who went 7-5 that year with a loss at home to Vandy. Hope he rests up and comes back to dominate.
:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Its been confirmed we aren't going after Monken. I still say we should get GC

Man, I don't know if people are realizing this yet, but TStan's administration has some pretty loose lips.

-Rumor floating around during our 1-4 start that if CPJ is let go, TStan would be looking for a "non triple option" coach. That is becoming true.
-Towards the end of the season, lot of mentions that CPJ may be calling it a day. Let's not forget, CPJ and TStan discussed this possibility a couple of months ago. Rumors became stronger around the UGA game. This is already true.
-As soon as word got out that CPJ was stepping down, Whisenhunt was immediately rumored to be frontrunner to replace CPJ. Unbelievably, well, here we are.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean what about this angle. PJ said him and Todd have had talks since the beginning of the season. One after the Duke game and then one before the UGA game. PJ doing these crazy things this year like fake punting in the 1st quarter at Pitt and going for it on 4 and 8 at UGA kinda makes it seem like PJ was coaching like a man with nothing to lose. We are assuming Stansbury hasn’t discussed/though about/ planned for anyone but Wisenhunt but what if he has been behind the scenes all year researching and having his guy on his list as a result of these conversations with PJ retiring being an ongoing thing. We only assume it’s been a 5 day process right now but this could have been months in the works.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Man, I don't know if people are realizing this yet, but TStan's administration has some pretty loose lips.

-Rumor floating around during our 1-4 start that if CPJ is let go, TStan would be looking for a "non triple option" coach. That is becoming true.
-Towards the end of the season, lot of mentions that CPJ may be calling it a day. Let's not forget, CPJ and TStan discussed this possibility a couple of months ago. Rumors became stronger around the UGA game. This is already true.
-As soon as word got out that CPJ was stepping down, Whisenhunt was immediately rumored to be frontrunner to replace CPJ. Unbelievably, well, here we are.

Wow...you and I literally posted the same angle. Nice work!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Question why did anyone trust Stansbury ? Because he went to GT , other then raise money for a locker room has he ever hired a coach? Oh and the great deal with adidas wait we did not get very good money. Hell he couldn't even fine someone for us to play for a 12th game last year. No one else had the problem this year.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Question why did anyone trust Stansbury ? Because he went to GT , other then raise money for a locker room has he ever hired a coach? Oh and the great deal with adidas wait we did not get very good money. Hell he couldn't even fine someone for us to play for a 12th game last year. No one else had the problem this year.

Talked a good game.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
Why is Geof Collins so well thought of? Seems like he’s okay. Nothing to write home about. I know his apparent recruiting history with Tech and Bama. I’m just wondering what people think about him. His defenses were kinda hit and miss with MSU. Very good with Florida.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I was criticized before the season for voicing concerns with TStan :censored:

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
By the way, read today there are rumors floating out of Auburn. I think Malzahn would do well here.
He said he would be back today, but it sounds like he lost his OC because auburn wouldn’t give him more money for assistants.
His buyout is 32 million and change. He reportedly met with administrators to discuss a reduced buyout. We can’t afford 6 million, but we could afford 3 with Auburn paying 3 a year.
It would be pretty sweet to get a coach that Auburn helps subsidize.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Homer'ing is strong with the GT crowd.

If you paid attention to the BBall team's coaching search, there were quite a few that were incensed that Mark Price wasn't a serious candidate for us. Seriously...like Google couldn't tell you in less than 2 seconds why Mark Price shouldn't even sniff our Head BBall Coach's job.

Now we're seeing a bunch of Brent Key, George Godsey...and Ken Whisenhunt mentions. Unfortunately, one of them may be more true than a lot would like.

Man, I do not have a good feeling about all the forces coming together to jack leg our HC search right now.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Homer'ing is strong with the GT crowd.

If you paid attention to the BBall team's coaching search, there were quite a few that were incensed that Mark Price wasn't a serious candidate for us. Seriously...like Google couldn't tell you in less than 2 seconds why Mark Price shouldn't even sniff our Head BBall Coach's job.

Now we're seeing a bunch of Brent Key, George Godsey...and Ken Whisenhunt mentions. Unfortunately, one of them may be more true than a lot would like.

Man, I do not have a good feeling about all the forces coming together to jack leg our HC search right now.
Some of y'all are alumni so I get it, but my god, why do I put myself through this torture?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Why does anyone think Monken is going to come here? If anything Monken & Niumatalolo learned from Johnson is that coaching at the academies is probably the best head coaching gig you could ever have. If I was those 2 I’d stay in that job as long as I could. You have an intensely loyal fanbase that understands who they’re rooting for, players that work hard & play as a team, etc. You can’t win a national championship at the academies, but you can say that for about 115-120 of the 130 FBS schools.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't think Jeff Monken has been ruled out by anything other than rumor on message boards. I just did a google search and can not find anything that addresses that. I know football scoop speculated GT was moving away from the option but I think that was just speculation. Monken would most likely not run the same offense as CPJ if he did come.

Go Jackets!

Status
Not open for further replies.