Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
For everyone who wants whisenhunt you do realize high schools dont produce a ton of peyton Manning's, tom bradys, phillip rivers, rothlisburgers... kids are far more athletic now. RPO Based offenses work. Why stick a statue behind a weak line. Remember how bad our oline is on passblock?!?! That will take years to remedy. All of a sudden whisenhunt will start running speed options and RPOs??? No. He will stick a QB 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage to be killed. The days of slow qbs are passed. Your typical matt Ryan's, phillip rivers, bradys, are gone. It's more Aaron rodgers but he really is one in ten trillion. Plus he isn't the offensive genius to make me think he can turn a 3star qb into a Heisman contender.

The fact you could possibly have an Athletic Director who's paid a fat check to know athletics and yet, somehow, doesn't get this and is instead hellbent on hiring his buddy is flabbergasting. If true.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Suggs was highly recruited, as was Bilbo. He had a QB transfer to Delaware and get drafted from there, but he never did anything here.
Recruiting might be 2/3rds of the battle, but you have to do something with the guys you recruit. His QBs never improved. They seemed to regress. Friedgen’s quarterbacks got better.
He was supposed to have a great quarterback recruit coming in his last year, but that doesn’t mean he would have made anything out of him. Cutcliffe did, and he has a track record with QBs that Gailey didn’t.
It’s weird, because he was supposed to be a quarterback whisperer. I haven’t seen Gailey improve a quarterback since Pittsburgh.
I think he would have made a top 30 QB out of a top 10 QB recruit.
He was great for tailbacks though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AJ Suggs waa highly recruited by Phil Fulmer at Tennessee going into the 2000 recruiting class.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Suggs was highly recruited, as was Bilbo. He had a QB transfer to Delaware and get drafted from there, but he never did anything here.
Recruiting might be 2/3rds of the battle, but you have to do something with the guys you recruit. His QBs never improved. They seemed to regress. Friedgen’s quarterbacks got better.
He was supposed to have a great quarterback recruit coming in his last year, but that doesn’t mean he would have made anything out of him. Cutcliffe did, and he has a track record with QBs that Gailey didn’t.
It’s weird, because he was supposed to be a quarterback whisperer. I haven’t seen Gailey improve a quarterback since Pittsburgh.
I think he would have made a top 30 QB out of a top 10 QB recruit.
He was great for tailbacks though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wasn't it Steven Threat who went to Michigan? UM fans hated him.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Guys can we please get behind the hire and unite when it’s announced! We are all GT fans over individual coach fans. Together We Swarm!
Not if it's CKH
I DO NOT WANT KEN WHISENHUNT !!!
And I am an old fart alum......not a big money one, but OLD, nonetheless. If we hire Whis, I doubt we win a single game next year.
I agree 1000000 %

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
THAT SETTLES IT!

iu
iu

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Not a fan of Collins either. I think his floor is decent but but his ceiling is very low. Probably a similar ceiling to Whiz just Whiz's floor is in the sewer.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think it is one of these 3

Collins
Monken
Whisenhunt

If not it will be someone we are not even talking about.

Stansbury is holding his cards close to his vest for negotiating purposes.

Go Jackets!

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that Whiz’ Chargers being in the playoffs is a major impediment to his getting the job. Can’t see him leaving Rivers at the alter in midst of playoffs and the SB is in Feb, so he’d be missing almost 2 critical months of work, including hiring assistants and recruiting. That could/should be a deal breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It wasn’t for ccg

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I think it is one of these 3

Collins
Monken
Whisenhunt

If not it will be someone we are not even talking about.

Stansbury is holding his cards close to his vest for negotiating purposes.

Go Jackets!
Its been confirmed we aren't going after Monken. I still say we should get GC

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Its been confirmed we aren't going after Monken. I still say we should get GC

If we put all our chips into Whisenhunt only to have to move on WITHOUT even talking to Satterfield or Elliott then GT gets exactly what we deserve. Not saying GC would be a bad hire (he might actually be a pretty good coach for GT's profile), but Satterfield's resume for a non P5 coach is as good as you can get, and Elliott represents a lot of things a school like GT can leverage.

I love GT, but sometimes it's not easy...

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Or he has one card, and if that card doesn't flip over the way he want

If we put all our chips into Whisenhunt only to have to move on WITHOUT even talking to Satterfield or Elliott then GT gets exactly what we deserve. Not saying GC would be a bad hire (he might actually be a pretty good coach for GT's profile), but Satterfield's resume for a non P5 coach is as good as you can get, and Elliott represents a lot of things a school like GT can leverage.

I love GT, but sometimes it's not easy...
Geoff Collins may be the guy when Ken Whisenhunt turns down TStan

Status
Not open for further replies.