Postgame: ND 31-GT 13

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
It should be obvious to everyone that we were physically outmatched but our players played their hearts out the whole game. I was at the 2021 game and the progress we have made in 2-1/2 years under Brent Key is outstanding. We are not among the elite teams in the country yet but there is no reason to feel bad about tonight's loss or to blame our players and coaches. We have a damn good chance of winning 2 out of the next 3.
+1

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I had a ND fan as a neighbor once while peeing and we had a short conversation. He told me that he would have preferred we play this game in Bobby Dodd Stadium. I agreed. I enjoyed my experience in the club section with beverages and food included in the AMG lounge and seats on the 50, but I am pretty well done with MBS. It is just not a college football experience for me.

CubeE

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm sorry, but did someone guarantee you we would win?
No one guaranteed anything. But I keep hearing about how important it is for GT fans to show out, so I felt it was important for me to contribute and come to this game. I want to be part of the answer, not the problem, but this is not the way to do it. Games like this won’t deter me from coming back, but it will for a lot of people. This was disrespectful to people’s time and money

slugboy

Staff member
We had 69 yards rushing.

Pyron had 45 of of our 64 rushing yards, and the big yardage was on scrambles.

OL got beaten up. Our OL can be better, but I think today was more about Notre Dame's DL

IMG_0398.jpeg

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I thought ZP acquitted himself well today. Played tough, looked like on his interception he simply lost sight of the CB. Came back from the mental error and played hard for the TD. A few early throws that he got away with, but those looked like a QB that hasn't played game speed for some time.

Defense is still a weakness. Missing our engine at LB didn't help, but even present we still have lots of room for growth on that side of the ball.

Trenches: got pushed around today. I'd say that's a S+C and player combo. Only so many monsters and movers to go around. We are recruiting specifically and creating competition, but it takes time to build Rome.

This coaching staff is still pretty youthful in it's roles. Lots of guys at new promotional levels. That also takes time to shake out. I trust our brain trust to make good decisions here.

Overall, we are so much better than under the previous administration. I feel much better about being a fan nowadays.

Lastly, I hope Mr. Freeman sticks at ND, so Mr. Key can feed him one of those nice hats he wears in the future.....

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Pyron had 45 of of our 64 rushing yards, and the big yardage was on scrambles.

OL got beaten up. Our OL can be better, but I think today was more about Notre Dame's DL

View attachment 17047
If you said before the game that Pyron would throw for 269 and run for 45 I think everybody on the board would take it in a heartbeat. A couple of desperation time interceptions, and a garbage time TD, but overall Pyron did his job. Notre Dame dominated the line of scrimmage. Our RBs combined for 13 carries for 34 yards, 2.6 YPC, and Singleton had 2 rushes for 1 yard. Notre Dame had 3 different players with more than 34 rushing yards, they absolutely dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I don’t know if our LOS struggles were more because of talent and ability, or playcalling and scheme, but the combination of both made for ugly results. It’s tough to judge how well we played as a team, because our best offensive and defensive players were both out.

There’s still a lot of vitriol on here, a lot of it unwarranted IMO. Special teams was bad, and has been mostly bad all year. That needs to be figured out for sure. VT, Miami, and NCSU are all games that could be decided by a couple of plays on special teams. Just having an average ST unit will give us a much better chance to win. Other than that though, I think we’ve got a solid team. I would’ve loved to pull that upset, but anybody who thinks this team sucks now because we didn’t beat the #12 team in the country with our backup QB playing and our defensive signal caller missing needs to calm down. ND is a much more talented team than we are right now. Are the beatable? Yeah, I don’t think they’ll really challenge for the natty, but they’re still a really good team. A team that went on the road and beat Texas A&M, and will probably make the CFP.

We’re 5-3 and 3-2 in the conference. We’ve got 2 more very winnable games coming up, and 2 more chances at a major upset. The Jackets are still alive, y’all. Still a lot of football left and a lot left to play for. Hang with em, don’t give up now. If you really want to play with the big boys this is when you need to dig deep and support the team.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
No one guaranteed anything. But I keep hearing about how important it is for GT fans to show out, so I felt it was important for me to contribute and come to this game. I want to be part of the answer, not the problem, but this is not the way to do it. Games like this won’t deter me from coming back, but it will for a lot of people. This was disrespectful to people’s time and money
Dude. What? How can you possibly say this was disrespectful of your time and money. The team played hard and never quit even though our starting QB and MLB were out. Stayed in the game for 3.5 quarters against a heavily favored and more talented opponent. Do you really think losing a tough game is disrespectful of your time? This was not even close to the same as a Collins era 55-0 or 73-7 loss.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
ND is ranked 12th and our starting QB and LB’r didn’t play. We all knew this would be a tough day and that’s what it was. It will get better when we get our 2 leaders back and we’ll win a few more football games. We have a good football team when we’re healthy.
I hear you. I said the same thing right before kickoff. But the units that were left played pretty poorly. It’s just hard to take too many positives away from this one. Easily the worst game played this year.