Postgame: ND 31-GT 13

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
It should be obvious to everyone that we were physically outmatched but our players played their hearts out the whole game. I was at the 2021 game and the progress we have made in 2-1/2 years under Brent Key is outstanding. We are not among the elite teams in the country yet but there is no reason to feel bad about tonight's loss or to blame our players and coaches. We have a damn good chance of winning 2 out of the next 3.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
It should be obvious to everyone that we were physically outmatched but our players played their hearts out the whole game. I was at the 2021 game and the progress we have made in 2-1/2 years under Brent Key is outstanding. We are not among the elite teams in the country yet but there is no reason to feel bad about tonight's loss or to blame our players and coaches. We have a damn good chance of winning 2 out of the next 3.
A very sane view. Thanks.

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
Eye level, hit Shanahan in the hands. Good snap, bad hold.

Shanahan has muffed a few punt snaps this year with his "Roberto Duran 'Hands of Stone.'"

A million years ago, if the substitution rules allowed it, our 4th or 5th string QB was our (IOW "my") holder & we worked together throughout the week during the time the offense was being put in on Monday-Wednesday. If sub rules (only 2 under normal circumstances) didn't allow, whichever QB was in the game held.

I see no reason why one of the walkon QBs or WRs couldn't do this instead of a guy who'd never played American football in anger in his life til he got to Atlanta. Sheesh.
The first one looked like the sun was in his eyes and he couldn’t find the ball.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
the pearl clutching by the ND fans about the late hit on pyron at the end is hilarious. fan base literally cries and bashes their head coach and QB the whole game they win comfortably. Easily the most miserable fan base out there but I'm glad their grandpa can tell them what it's like to win a major bowl game or a natty. Hope they never get another one
At game there were as many nd fans as Gt fans. They were all frindly and respectful. Got a contact when we go next to south bend.
Where were you sutting?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Started the game off well, but man we fell apart quick. Worried about our injuries

As I said in the chat , we can be a bowl team but we're 1-2 years out as a playoff team

Not sure what's going on with ST , but we have regressed a ton .

D played well, but still can't tackle .

Offense well that's a big ???
Big game for.Pyron to start, maybe it's experience, but King was Def a playmaker
I don't think we will ever make the playoffs under these rules. There is a huge gap between the football factories and ordinary teams like Tech. I don't even think we will make a bowl game based on what I saw today. This was a very poor performance especially by special teams and both lines.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Not ashamed of Tech.

We needed to play a perfect game. Didn’t.

Notre Dame played flawlessly. The kind of game they need to play against a top ghee opponent.

We are at least two years away from being a playoff team.
Playoffs? A lot longer than two years and maybe not ever under the current set of circumstances.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Our ol will need to get a better quickly.
99 is way better than i expected. He dominated our center. Actaully threw him down. 72 and rest of Ol played hard the shole game.
Sure wish they could have subbed a few plays, because they are in for a real battle in nsxt seek in blacksburg.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
At game there were as many nd fans as Gt fans. They were all frindly and respectful. Got a contact when we go next to south bend.
Where were you sutting?
Most, not all. There was a group of them in front of me that was very inebriated and extremely obnoxious the whole game. After their first score three of them picked a ND girl up and did "pushups" with her over their heads, 7 for 7 points. When they got to 21 points, they tried to do it again and on 4 nearly dropped her on her head on the row below them.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
We played a better team with our starting qb out. We could have played better, but we don’t have a more talented team nor superior coaches. It would have taken a lot for us to win that game. 5-3 at this point in the season is growth. Not sure why so many fans are upset.
You will understand when we lose to Virginia Tech, Miami, and UGA. We might beat NC State to finish 6-6. This is not a good team. Very pedestrian at present. Next week will be interesting.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
ND did not give up gap control at all. Their LB’a were fast and sure-handed tacklers. They closed off the inside zone and the wide stuff. Just really well played. Give credit where credit is due.
I was very impressed with the physicality of Notre Dame. They are big and fast. Safeties are outstanding. An excellent team but I question what they will do playing a team like Georgia, Alabama, etc. with superior athletes. They will probably be in the playoffs and lose the first round.

techman

Jolly Good Fellow
You will understand when we lose to Virginia Tech, Miami, and UGA. We might beat NC State to finish 6-6. This is not a good team. Very pedestrian at present. Next week will be interesting.
I agree...I don't see this GT team beating anyone left on our schedule except possibly NCSU. We are at best 6 & 6. So, likely a disappointing season.