Post-season/Pre-season Team Workouts

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
You have to know how to lose to know how to win, and, I would run them in that cold stadium every morning for every week for every home game "we" lost. What is that/ 3 more weeks? That will build character - motivation - and some pissed off football players. YELLOW __________!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't imagine the coaching staff is very thrilled about practicing outside. This is what I would call "bottom to top motivation". It will be interesting to see where they get to practice when it snows.:LOL:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

That's nothing. I used to get up at 4 am, take a 45 minute car ride to the banks of the Chattahoochee in Roswell, get an hour workout on the water in the dark, ride 45 min back to campus and get back in time for 8 o'clock classes. All for a club sport that didn't pay my way to school.

NightRow.jpg

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
LOL you did shooting the hooch wrong
Ultimate team sport in the 8's. One guy can't win you a race, but he sure can lose it.

Oh, almost forgot, I shot the hooch the "right way" plenty. If you drive up to Helen, GA, you find the headwaters of the hooch. Doing the lazy, drunken float through Helen was one of my favorite things back in the day.

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Near the end of the Clemson 14 game I happened to have binoculars on coach we we scored a pick six. He was fired up and doing the usual coach cheer when s days came prancing by him going towards the opposite goal. S days looked like a young colt joyously kickingup his heals. Coach was totally distracted by days and broke into a genuine ear to ear smile.
Imo He loves the young men he coaches. They give him joy.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He loves the young men he coaches. They give him joy.

I happen to teach HS math now after doing the engineering and management stuff in my younger days. This is entirely an opinion but I don't think a person could reach the level of success CPJ has in either a teaching or coaching capacity without enjoying the young people. In fact, it is probably the part he enjoys the most if you could ask him along with the competition involved in the game (again, pure speculation).

Now dealing with media, alums, parents, admin, etc...that's a different story.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If Jt is 5'11" then Philpott would be 6'5" at least. Think JT is more like 5'9" though. Still it seems Philpott has indeed added an inch or two from the listed 6'3". Awesome.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
If Jt is 5'11" then Philpott would be 6'5" at least. Think JT is more like 5'9" though. Still it seems Philpott has indeed added an inch or two from the listed 6'3". Awesome.
What I see is the next big/fast/physical guy who demands a double team and makes you pay dearly if you don't. I see a guy crushing dudes with the crackback. So much so they lose focus on the qb on the option for fear of being mauled. Iow, the prototypical GT spread option wr that we sorely need.