Possible Uniform Color Combinations

What color combination do you think that Tech uniforms should be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
How does a thread about freakin ACC Network turn into another gold jersey discussion. My god people..

I thought the same DAMN thing... why do GT threads always go the way of jersey colors. Now lets get back to talking about how we can pressure Comcast to pick up the ACCN!

It's definitely not. We wouldn't wear our official game jerseys during practice because those jerseys are expensive and would be damaged too often. If you look closely at that jersey, you can see it's just a cheap mesh practice jersey and not the Primeknit A1 jersey. The white practice jersey is the same template as these gold one and it's nothing like our official white jerseys with the 150 patch that were worn on fan day after practice.
I'm talking about the design; not the actual jersey. I thought that was a no-brainer.

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
This is what I would like to see.
Clemson Gold/White/Gold
USF(Whiteout)- White/White/White
Citadel Gold/Grey/Grey* New Alternate
Temple Gold/White/ Gold
UNC Gold/Gold/White
Duke Gold/White/Gold
Miami Gold/Navy/White
Pitt Gold/Gold/White
UVA Gold/White/Gold
VT Gold/White/Gold
NCSU Gold/White/Gold
Uga(sic) Gold/Gold/White

This is what I would like to see.
Clemson Gold/White/Gold
USF(Whiteout)- White/White/White
Citadel Gold/Grey/Grey* New Alternate
Temple Gold/White/ Gold
UNC Gold/Gold/White
Duke Gold/White/Gold
Miami Gold/Navy/White
Pitt Gold/Gold/White
UVA Gold/White/Gold
VT Gold/White/Gold
NCSU Gold/White/Gold
Uga(sic) Gold/Gold/White
I would prefer sticking to the traditional G/W/G for the mutt game. I can deal with the navy shirts against Miami, but I sure hope we never see blue pants again.

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
I would prefer sticking to the traditional G/W/G for the mutt game. I can deal with the navy shirts against Miami, but I sure hope we never see blue pants again.
Yeah its just a suggestion. I think we should mix it up against ugag. We haven't worn Gold Jerseys against them since 2007. The Gold/White/Gold is my favorite combination, and I wouldn't mind wearing against the mutts.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I voted for #3. I think different looks can be fun for the players and generate some extra attention to the program.

Having said that my favorite will always be gold helmet, white jersey, gold pants, any trim is fine.

But this will inevitably lead to some very ugly, to me, looks. Chick Fil A etc. I’m also not a fan of the French fry look or navy pants with navy jerseys. It will also lead to some good unis. I think a flat navy helmet with gold GT would be pretty sweet....and would have the added benefit of giving Super heartburn. :D

And of course I reserve the right to claim any look I don’t like as “butt ugly.”

I like the navy jerseys but do not care for either navy helmets or pants. My personal favorites are the navy blue jerseys with gold tops and white pants as seen with the 1990 national champs, the gold helmets with gold jerseys and white pants prominent in the Chan era, and the traditional gold helmets, white jerseys, and gold pants. The problem is always getting the right shade of gold with the gold metallic helmets which is why the uniform makers and many fans like the blue look. Understandable.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
A friend forwarded me this Instagram photo. Sure glad to see that the gold jerseys here have dark numbers with white outlines on them ----

It just seems that GT officials & Adidas are determined to make Blue (except for one of type unis) on equal footing with White and Gold.

Nothing fans can do (unless perhaps making a single donation over $100 million) and no longer any need to worry about it.

Really going to hate the day when we, as often as not, come out at home looking like notre lame as often as GT.

I don't really mind looking like Notre Dame with their dark, navy jerseys and gold helmets what I don't care for is that "French blue look" especially the pants. Then we look like Pitt. I kind of like the gold uniforms in the picture with the "three stripes" look.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
How does a thread about freakin ACC Network turn into another gold jersey discussion. My god people..

Uniform threads are what we do around here. Even Coach Johnson noted that he had never seen a fan base as obsessed with uniforms. IIWII We will find out soon enough and then we can argue about something else like run to pass ratios and fire zone blitzes and such.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Gold, white, gold should be worn for all games possible. If white not allowed for any game, then white, gold or dark Navy blue, white.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been lurking for a very, very long time, but I signed in just to weigh in on this.

I 100% agree with Supersize (hilarious and ingenious name) on this: all I want to see is white and old gold, and seeing all the blue genuinely pisses me off. If the gold and white practice jersey becomes the official gameday home jersey, it will be the first GT jersey I ever buy. The one with blue numbers and shoulder stripes is the only other gold jersey I would consider as a last resort, but I don't want any more blue than than on GT jerseys or gear. The blue College Colors Day jersey shown on Twitter infuriates me.

Whoever cited the Texas and Alabama jerseys as templates for the simple, iconic, two-color jersey we need is right on the money, and I've felt that way for decades. My ideal home combo is gold helmets, the gold jersey cited above, and white pants. And I never want to see another white helmet again.

I've been lurking for a very, very long time, but I signed in just to weigh in on this.

I 100% agree with Supersize (hilarious and ingenious name) on this: all I want to see is white and old gold, and seeing all the blue genuinely pisses me off. If the gold and white practice jersey becomes the official gameday home jersey, it will be the first GT jersey I ever buy. The one with blue numbers and shoulder stripes is the only other gold jersey I would consider as a last resort, but I don't want any more blue than than on GT jerseys or gear. The blue College Colors Day jersey shown on Twitter infuriates me.

Whoever cited the Texas and Alabama jerseys as templates for the simple, iconic, two-color jersey we need is right on the money, and I've felt that way for decades. My ideal home combo is gold helmets, the gold jersey cited above, and white pants. And I never want to see another white helmet again.
I think the white helmets look great for the white-out uniforms.