Possible Uniform Color Combinations

What color combination do you think that Tech uniforms should be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m going to say something that many won’t want to hear, but it’s the uncomfortable truth:

Nobody should care what any of us want. We support this program regardless of the uniform.

Uniforms are instruments for engaging with younger walk-up fans and recruits. These are the areas that will grow our reach and fanbase. Not a bunch of die hard dudes ranting on GT blogs.

If recruits and walk-up fans want pink uniforms - then that’s what I want us to wear. My personal opinion doesn’t matter. I’m not going to support the program any less because of a uniform change.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I’m going to say something that many won’t want to hear, but it’s the uncomfortable truth:

Nobody should care what any of us want. We support this program regardless of the uniform.

Uniforms are instruments for engaging with younger walk-up fans and recruits. These are the areas that will grow our reach and fanbase. Not a bunch of die hard dudes ranting on GT blogs.

If recruits and walk-up fans want pink uniforms - then that’s what I want us to wear. My personal opinion doesn’t matter. I’m not going to support the program any less because of a uniform change.

RecruitingNation polled this. Recruits want relationships, chemistry, a family feeling and strong academic support. Nowhere did they talk about uniforms.

I’m curious. How do you intend to run a merchandising program built on pink uniforms?

If you confuse, you lose.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
RecruitingNation polled this. Recruits want relationships, chemistry, a family feeling and strong academic support. Nowhere did they talk about uniforms.

I’m curious. How do you intend to run a merchandising program built on pink uniforms?

If you confuse, you lose.
I never advocated for pink uniforms. That was offered as an example

Second, younger walk-up fans most certainly care about uniforms and color schemes. No GT fan needs to hear how severely we lack in this area.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I never advocated for pink uniforms. That was offered as an example

Second, younger walk-up fans most certainly care about uniforms and color schemes. No GT fan needs to hear how severely we lack in this area.

You’re right of course. Alabama has its modern, alternative uniforms to appeal to newer fans. Not.

Winning is what draws fans. Winning sells merchandise. Winning creates excitement.

No GT fan needs to hear how severely we lack in this area. And pink uniforms aren’t going to create any new fans if the the team isn’t... winning.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
You’re right of course. Alabama has its modern, alternative uniforms to appeal to newer fans. Not.

Winning is what draws fans. Winning sells merchandise. Winning creates excitement.

No GT fan needs to hear how severely we lack in this area. And pink uniforms aren’t going to create any new fans if the the team isn’t... winning.
The fact u are comparing Alabama to GT shows how poorly you grasp our situation.

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
Doubt very seriously those will be our combinations for each game. Collins already said we will have 6 different jerseys. The reason there are no pictures of us wearing gold jerseys on the tickets is because we haven't worn gold adidas jerseys yet.
We wore them in the spring game.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
I think I understand the challenge more than you think.

But tell me, since you think you know best, how are gimmick uniforms going to increase sidewalk fans? Can you cite any studies? Or is this just a hunch?
You understand the challenge more than I think? Interesting because a comparison between GT and Bama is a great way to discredit judgment.

What studies can you site? A SB nation study? I wouldn’t even call that a publication. But assuming one pays credence to the study you site - please explain the connection between “chemistry” / “family feelings” and your assertion that winning is everything...It’s great to site random facts, but they mean nothing if you can’t connect them to a broader story / argument.

Last edited:

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
You understand the challenge more than I think? Interesting because a comparison between GT and Bama is a great way to discredit judgment.

What studies can you site? A SB nation study? I wouldn’t even call that a publication. But assuming one pays credence to the study you site - please explain the connection between “chemistry” / “family feelings” and your assertion that winning is everything...It’s great to site random facts, but they mean nothing if you can’t connect them with a broader story / argument.

Nice try. You’re the one advocating pink uniforms. I’ve seen no study, no survey, no resource of any kind that would validate “increasing sidewalk fans” with gimmick uniforms.

You made the claim. Back it up.

Me? I’m an advocate of classic GT colors of white and gold executed in a traditional style. If you can prove this wrong, I’m open to being converted... but all anyone says is ... “everyone knows”.

But they don’t.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice try. You’re the one advocating pink uniforms. I’ve seen no study, no survey, no resource of any kind that would validate “increasing sidewalk fans” with gimmick uniforms.

Me? I’m an advocate of classic GT colors of white and gold executed in a traditional style. If you can prove this wrong, I’m open to being converted... but all anyone says is ... “everyone knows”.

But they don’t.
Do you know how to read? I never advocated for pink uniforms. I said I would be in favor them if recruits / walk up fans want them.

Are you oblivious to the impact of Nike / under armor? Do you not realize that Oregon has surged in relevance / appeal in the last 15 years because of their apparel / uniforms?

For the big guys like Alabama / Penn St / Michigan...it doesn’t matter. But uniforms / apparel def has some impact for programs at our level.

Stop being close minded. This isn’t Bobby Dodd 1960s GT football.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

But they don’t.
I’ll let you get back to your rant, but NO ONE is advocating for pink uniforms.

The fact u are comparing Alabama to GT shows how poorly you grasp our situation.
It is correct that we cannot compare to the Bama of the past 10 years, but prior to Tech leaving the SEC, the Tech-Bama rivalry was one of the fiercest and most consistent ones in the south, if not the country. We had a far better winning percentage against them than Georgia or most other SEC foes. So it is not out of place for us to compare the two; things can change very quickly in college football. But our records against both Clemson and even Georgia over the past 10 years are far more comparable, at least until the last 3 years, so it is definitely not out of place to compare us with those schools, and neither of them resort to gimmick uniforms either. Do all 3 of the afore-mentioned schools have larger fan bases, requiring us to do something to attract more sidewalk fans? Of course, but as Vespidae has said, unless you can provide data to indicate that gimmick uniforms will do the trick, then it's just your OPINION, and not a very good one. Winning and winning consistently is what draws fans, not gimmicks.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
It is correct that we cannot compare to the Bama of the past 10 years, but prior to Tech leaving the SEC, the Tech-Bama rivalry was one of the fiercest and most consistent ones in the south, if not the country. We had a far better winning percentage against them than Georgia or most other SEC foes. So it is not out of place for us to compare the two; things can change very quickly in college football. But our records against both Clemson and even Georgia over the past 10 years are far more comparable, at least until the last 3 years, so it is definitely not out of place to compare us with those schools, and neither of them resort to gimmick uniforms either. Do all 3 of the afore-mentioned schools have larger fan bases, requiring us to do something to attract more sidewalk fans? Of course, but as Vespidae has said, unless you can provide data to indicate that gimmick uniforms will do the trick, then it's just your OPINION, and not a very good one. Winning and winning consistently is what draws fans, not gimmicks.
Dude - how many 10+ win seasons has GT had in the last 30 years compared to uga or Clemson?

Second - look at Oregon and other schools with multiple unique uniform combos. What does GT have to lose by trying that out? A bunch of loser old dudes crying out about not seeing Bobby Dodd era uniforms?

Last edited:

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Do you know how to read? I never advocated for pink uniforms. I said I would be in favor them if recruits / walk up fans want them.

Are you oblivious to the impact of Nike / under armor? Do you not realize that Oregon has surged in relevance / appeal in the last 15 years because of their apparel / uniforms?

For the big guys like Alabama / Penn St / Michigan...it doesn’t matter. But uniforms / apparel def has some impact for programs at our level.

Stop being close minded. This isn’t Bobby Dodd 1960s GT football.[/QUOTE

I didn’t bring up pink uniforms. You did.

The issues that drive Tech’s fanbase size and attendance are not a function of the uniform.

There’s too many on this forum that think that gimmicky uniforms will overcome those factors. They won’t,

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Dude - how many 10+ win seasons has GT had in the last 30 years compared to uga or Clemson?

Second - look at Oregon and other schools with multiple unique uniform combos. What does GT have to lose by trying that out? A bunch of loser old dudes crying out about not seeing Bobby Dodd era uniforms?

So it’s a hunch?

It’s ok. Just be honest and say so.

Using gimmicks is not going to change that, nor would it have made any difference over the last 30 years. The ONLY thing that would have made a difference was better coaching and better recruiting. We had isolated years or streaks of good to great coaching, as well as quite a few years of bad coaching (Carson, Pepper, Curry, Lewis) but for the most part, recruiting has always been inferior to other teams, and that was one of the (bad) reasons Tech took us out of the SEC. There is nothing in the entire state of Oregon which I admire or would like to emulate.