Possible Uniform Color Combinations

What color combination do you think that Tech uniforms should be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I didn’t vote because I’m with #2 but with the occasional one offs of blue, black, or grey. So I’m kinda in between 2 and 3. Unless number 3 is equal mix of white and gold with blue trim?

I personally like white and gold as the main colors but I don’t mind blue trim. I also don’t mind a blue, grey, or black uniform once in a while.

How many times are you gonna vote? What are you...a democrat? :p

(Just kidding..just kiddin.....gop’ers get caught double vote cheating also)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I voted for #3. I think different looks can be fun for the players and generate some extra attention to the program.

Having said that my favorite will always be gold helmet, white jersey, gold pants, any trim is fine.

But this will inevitably lead to some very ugly, to me, looks. Chick Fil A etc. I’m also not a fan of the French fry look or navy pants with navy jerseys. It will also lead to some good unis. I think a flat navy helmet with gold GT would be pretty sweet....and would have the added benefit of giving Super heartburn. :D

And of course I reserve the right to claim any look I don’t like as “butt ugly.”

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I went with the third option, but my true preference for a season would be 9 games all white and/or gold, (with at least one whiteout and one gold out. I like the supposed french fry look) 2 with primarily navy and one crazy alternate uni. The one alternate could be like this year's gray ones, maybe a black watch throwback. Let adidas get creative. Let the team vote on bowl game unis.
This is where I'm at.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
This is where I'm at.

Not sure if I read this right, but here’s a thought ...

All white uniforms with gold trim, maybe navy around the numbers, gold helmet. Wear this through October. I would rather wear white in the stands because of the heat than any other combination.

In November, start mixing it up. And let fans know! UT does a great job of getting the word out on what to wear ...

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Gotta admit pleasant surprise at the result so far. A majority is more open to change than I expected. This site's average poster age must be less than other GT chat sites....

I have a lotta love for the hallowed gold hat-white jersey-yaller britches look myself, but an occasional change is ok. I hope we avoid the bright metallic gold helmet a la Notre Dame, though. And please, T-Stan, no bubble wrap ever again.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I voted for #3. I think different looks can be fun for the players and generate some extra attention to the program.

Having said that my favorite will always be gold helmet, white jersey, gold pants, any trim is fine.

But this will inevitably lead to some very ugly, to me, looks. Chick Fil A etc. I’m also not a fan of the French fry look or navy pants with navy jerseys. It will also lead to some good unis. I think a flat navy helmet with gold GT would be pretty sweet....and would have the added benefit of giving Super heartburn. :D

And of course I reserve the right to claim any look I don’t like as “butt ugly.”

The gold, white, gold look is my favorite as well.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for putting the poll up. Results are interesting so far. As I suspected, the "white and gold, no exceptions!!!" crowd is a distinct minority (less than 10% so far). Though admittedly very loud and very passionate.

That is part of the reason I hate that the new Adidas gear thread keeps turning into that fight. Most of us don't really care that much and just want to share new gear for sale and discuss larger branding/marketing issues than just lack of white/gold.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Thanks for putting the poll up. Results are interesting so far. As I suspected, the "white and gold, no exceptions!!!" crowd is a distinct minority (less than 10% so far). Though admittedly very loud and very passionate.

That is part of the reason I hate that the new Adidas gear thread keeps turning into that fight. Most of us don't really care that much and just want to share new gear for sale and discuss larger branding/marketing issues than just lack of white/gold.

Conflating two different conversations. Why apparel fans want and what the team uni should look like. The two typically intertwine, that is true.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
thumbnail.jpg

Must not of had the Childrens Hospital design (CGC) when they made them up, but this is my guess as to the combs for the year. Reason being is the USF game is a Whiteout game and the uniform top to bottom is white, and COFH is classic GT colors.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Damn.

Blue with anything other than Gold hat & Blue shirt is the worst GT uni ever.

Pure vomit.

G / B / B is bad enough.

Gray is much better one of.