Possible Uniform Color Combinations

What color combination do you think that Tech uniforms should be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Using gimmicks is not going to change that, nor would it have made any difference over the last 30 years. The ONLY thing that would have made a difference was better coaching and better recruiting. We had isolated years or streaks of good to great coaching, as well as quite a few years of bad coaching (Carson, Pepper, Curry, Lewis) but for the most part, recruiting has always been inferior to other teams, and that was one of the (bad) reasons Tech took us out of the SEC. There is nothing in the entire state of Oregon which I admire or would like to emulate.
So you do think better recruiting is needed. So why not try something that may get a few more recruits to at least take a look?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I've been lurking for a very, very long time, but I signed in just to weigh in on this.

I 100% agree with Supersize (hilarious and ingenious name) on this: all I want to see is white and old gold, and seeing all the blue genuinely pisses me off. If the gold and white practice jersey becomes the official gameday home jersey, it will be the first GT jersey I ever buy. The one with blue numbers and shoulder stripes is the only other gold jersey I would consider as a last resort, but I don't want any more blue than than on GT jerseys or gear. The blue College Colors Day jersey shown on Twitter infuriates me.

Whoever cited the Texas and Alabama jerseys as templates for the simple, iconic, two-color jersey we need is right on the money, and I've felt that way for decades. My ideal home combo is gold helmets, the gold jersey cited above, and white pants. And I never want to see another white helmet again.

Your strong opinions on this matter make you an awful Tech fan. Unless CGC ends up saying the same thing later....then you will be the best fan ever. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness though. The wide variety of favorites among the fan base indicates to me that...a wide variety actually needs to be used. No one will be happy all the time but there is a better chance everyone will see their own favorite at least once per year.

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
Your strong opinions on this matter make you an awful Tech fan. Unless CGC ends up saying the same thing later....then you will be the best fan ever. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness though. The wide variety of favorites among the fan base indicates to me that...a wide variety actually needs to be used. No one will be happy all the time but there is a better chance everyone will see their own favorite at least once per year.

Well, then, it's up with the White and Gold and Blue and Yellow and Black and Grey :sick:

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Of course, better recruiting is needed, but if a recruit is attracted to Tech (or anybody) because of gimmicks, then I don't much think he's worth the time.
I’m not really sure you get what I’m trying to say. To recruit better we need to cast a wider net meaning we have to interest a wider range of recruits than we have in the past. Kids are interested in and drawn to things that are cool however they define that. Uniform changes, social media, hype, etc. are all ways to put stuff out there that piques the interest of 17-18 year olds. Once they are paying attention you can sell all of the advantages of a Tech degree and out football program. But if they never give us a shot, like so many have done in the past, we have no chance to get their commitment. I am NOT saying a kid will pick us because of uniforms, but I am saying we have to change the perspective of the program among players, HS coaches and the media if we want to do better.

I’m not really sure you get what I’m trying to say. To recruit better we need to cast a wider net meaning we have to interest a wider range of recruits than we have in the past. Kids are interested in and drawn to things that are cool however they define that. Uniform changes, social media, hype, etc. are all ways to put stuff out there that piques the interest of 17-18 year olds. Once they are paying attention you can sell all of the advantages of a Tech degree and out football program. But if they never give us a shot, like so many have done in the past, we have no chance to get their commitment. I am NOT saying a kid will pick us because of uniforms, but I am saying we have to change the perspective of the program among players, HS coaches and the media if we want to do better.
I don't disagree with any of that. What I am saying is that silly gimmicks only attract silly kids. Actually really cool uniforms might even attract some non-silly kids, and that's what Oregon did, with some success. But none of the uniforms we have added over the past few years are IMO any cooler than our traditional ones. Are blue pants or all blue uniforms cool? I frankly don't see how. The honeycomb design MIGHT have been cool if done right, but the way they were done was just butt-ugly.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
But none of the uniforms we have added over the past few years are IMO any cooler than our traditional ones..

No offense intended as I consider myself an uncool middle aged guy, but you (and I) aren't the best judge of what is cool to a 17-18 year old. Current players and recruits are much better judges of that and I assume consulted heavily about this type of thing (I don't believe Stansbury is designing these things in a vacuum in his office).

No offense intended as I consider myself an uncool middle aged guy, but you (and I) aren't the best judge of what is cool to a 17-18 year old. Current players and recruits are much better judges of that and I assume consulted heavily about this type of thing (I don't believe Stansbury is designing these things in a vacuum in his office).
No offense taken. I guess I am an un-cool old fart (LOL), but I actually relate pretty well, as I have been able to do all my adult life, with kids, mainly through my church. What I have observed is that it is not the color of clothes, unless it's something really (in our terms) outlandish; it's the STYLE of clothes. Oregon succeeded to the extent they did by offering what many would consider outlandish styles of football uniforms, through the mixture of odd color combinations. Blue pants or all blue uniforms are far from outlandish, and at least IMO don't even have a "cool factor". In fact, I personally think they were on the drab side. They're just different from the norm for Tech, and IMO an unnecessary difference. Although I might disagree with them, I can see Oregon players and recruits going wild over some of those uniforms they have had lately, but I just don't see Tech players or recruits going wild over any of the changes we have tried to make, other than perhaps, as I said before, the honeycombs, which were very poorly done. Although I might not personally like them, I can imagine some usage of the honeycombs that would probably be considered "very cool". But just because something is different does not of necessity mean it's "cool".

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
No offense taken. I guess I am an un-cool old fart (LOL), but I actually relate pretty well, as I have been able to do all my adult life, with kids, mainly through my church. What I have observed is that it is not the color of clothes, unless it's something really (in our terms) outlandish; it's the STYLE of clothes. Oregon succeeded to the extent they did by offering what many would consider outlandish styles of football uniforms, through the mixture of odd color combinations. Blue pants or all blue uniforms are far from outlandish, and at least IMO don't even have a "cool factor". In fact, I personally think they were on the drab side. They're just different from the norm for Tech, and IMO an unnecessary difference. Although I might disagree with them, I can see Oregon players and recruits going wild over some of those uniforms they have had lately, but I just don't see Tech players or recruits going wild over any of the changes we have tried to make, other than perhaps, as I said before, the honeycombs, which were very poorly done. Although I might not personally like them, I can imagine some usage of the honeycombs that would probably be considered "very cool". But just because something is different does not of necessity mean it's "cool".
First look at the social media posts of recruits and commits to judge how cool our uniform changes have been. Secondly and no offense to anyone, but I’m not sure how closely the kids we are trying to recruit are to the youth at your church. Th we are guys who may be from different backgrounds with different ideas of what is cool.

First look at the social media posts of recruits and commits to judge how cool our uniform changes have been. Secondly and no offense to anyone, but I’m not sure how closely the kids we are trying to recruit are to the youth at your church. Th we are guys who may be from different backgrounds with different ideas of what is cool.
Kids are kids no matter what their backgrounds are. I don't think DRAB is cool anywhere, and those bowl uniforms were totally drab, with the blue pants vs Duke not far behind.