Possible Uniform Color Combinations

What color combination do you think that Tech uniforms should be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 6502

Must not of had the Childrens Hospital design (CGC) when they made them up, but this is my guess as to the combs for the year. Reason being is the USF game is a Whiteout game and the uniform top to bottom is white, and COFH is classic GT colors.
So there’s 3 new adidas combos in this set if they hold true.
Vs. Pitt with G/W&B trim/G
Vs. VT with W/W&G trim/G
And a sneaky surprise with the NC State uni
That helmet is white with a white GT sticker on it, plus W&B jersey with blue pants. That will probably get some folks riled up.
I’m personally not a fan of that look either, and don’t really like the blue pants in general. If they want to wear blue I would rather it be G/B/W but oh well. Really hope there’s a gold jersey at some point. Would love to see a W/G/W combo

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for putting the poll up. Results are interesting so far. As I suspected, the "white and gold, no exceptions!!!" crowd is a distinct minority (less than 10% so far). Though admittedly very loud and very passionate. .
Gotta admit I feel kind of bad for Supersize though. The way this is going has to be killing him.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
Home: Gold helmet, White jersey (with gold numbers), Gold pants
Away: Gold helmet, White jersey (with navy numbers), Gold pants
Homecoming: Gold helmet, Gold jersey (with white or navy numbers), White pants
Special (1 game a year): Gold helmet, Navy jersey (with white numbers), White pants
Whiteout: White helmet, White jersey (with gold numbers), White pants.

I personally like traditional uniforms as I've stated in the past. The best teams have traditional uniforms. The best recruits care about winning not necessarily how they look. Plus traditional, more simple uniform designs seem to be the more popular style these days. Tech has a unique traditional uniform that was thrown away when Paul Johnson came in. He did bring back wearing white at home which is a Tech tradition. I personally thought the uniform form Russell the last two years we had them looked the best. Traditional striped pants. Navy cuffs with a gold strip above and numbers on the shoulders. That has been Tech's template for decades. I like what some teams have done by adding their custom number font to their traditional uniform. I'd be ok if Tech added their new font to the traditional uniform. I know adidas tried to make the new uniform look traditional but its just not the same. And they were not consistent. The white pants have both gold and navy stingers, but the gold pants only have navy stingers. Why no white stinger? Same on the navy pants (which should never be warn again). Even the navy jersey had no white on it. Sorry for the babbling. I could go on all day.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm fine with whatever gets us to the point where I can ask any *random college football fan* on the street what Georgia Tech's colors are and without hesitating says "white and gold". We are so far from that.

If we are doing what we need to do with branding all the other times we are not wearing a weird gray uni or or blue jersies, have at it.

But for the love of God can we get rid of those blue pants.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Look at the season tickets, willing to put good money down that that's our uniform line up.

Nah. I don't think so. We've seen too much of the gold jerseys for them not to show up this season. The cover of our media guide is a gold jersey.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
At least this year we are seamingly wearing the blue pants against an opponent that doesn't use blue. Using the blue pants against Duke last year was a dumb decision. I don't really like the blue pants. I like the blue jersey but it would look better with white pants. CGC confirmed that we would have a gold jersey this year, so I wouldn't say that these combos are definitely the ones we will wear at that game. Maybe the gold makes an appearance for the NC State game instead of the W/W/B.

At least this year we are seamingly wearing the blue pants against an opponent that doesn't use blue. Using the blue pants against Duke last year was a dumb decision. I don't really like the blue pants. I like the blue jersey but it would look better with white pants. CGC confirmed that we would have a gold jersey this year, so I wouldn't say that these combos are definitely the ones we will wear at that game. Maybe the gold makes an appearance for the NC State game instead of the W/W/B.
When are we wearing the ugly blue pants? I haven't seen notice of that.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
When are we wearing the ugly blue pants? I haven't seen notice of that.
The running theory is the uniform combo on the tickets is what will be worn at that game. The NC State ticket has a W/W/B uniform combo. As I said in my previous post, this needs to be taken with a grain of salt because CGC said there would be a Gold jersey this year and I doubt we wear that on the road.

gt69hjcollins

Georgia Tech Fan
I will always favor the gold helmet, white jersey, and gold pants, but I feel we need to be flexible and allow color combinations that appeal to the players/recruits also. CGC has done a good job improving our recruiting and we need to continue that trend. If we associate GT with putting an a$$ whipping on our opponents our colors will be remembered!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t vote because I’m with #2 but with the occasional one offs of blue, black, or grey. So I’m kinda in between 2 and 3. Unless number 3 is equal mix of white and gold with blue trim?

I personally like white and gold as the main colors but I don’t mind blue trim. I also don’t mind a blue, grey, or black uniform once in a while.
Me too.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Bring back Vegas Gold.

The running theory is the uniform combo on the tickets is what will be worn at that game. The NC State ticket has a W/W/B uniform combo. As I said in my previous post, this needs to be taken with a grain of salt because CGC said there would be a Gold jersey this year and I doubt we wear that on the road.
I frankly never want to see those ugly-azz blue pants again, no matter who our opponent is.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
It just seems that GT officials & Adidas are determined to make Blue (except for one of type unis) on equal footing with White and Gold.

Nothing fans can do (unless perhaps making a single donation over $100 million) and no longer any need to worry about it.

Really going to hate the day when we, as often as not, come out at home looking like notre lame as often as GT.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

Don’t buy this for a few reasons.
1) no onyx jersey pictured
2) no gold jersey pictured
3) I think CGC will use the gold jersey as a pr moment so wouldn’t telegraph what we wear when

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk