Players report tomorrow

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I was surprised that Brad Stewart looked bigger (broader) than Tyler Cooksey. It's going to be an interesting fall camp.

Just shows you the growth potential of tyler. Because he is what they say he weighs or close. Also some guys look bigger and stronger than others, and they may not be.

If anyone of the newbies can get into the two deep, then great.

But to play them and burn a year of eligibility just for the sake of experience makes no sense to me.
Do you think the coaches would play them if they didn't feel like they could help us win ??

We have some new faces that could help us win this year. Just think about all of the game experience they will have when JT leaves(2 years)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
There's a picture of MLD sitting next to Christian Philpott. MLD is around 6' tall and Philpott is about 6'4 now (according to CPJ), and Philpott looks tiny compared to MLD. Supposedly MLD is actually BIGGER than what he looks like in that picture. Scary.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just shows you the growth potential of tyler. Because he is what they say he weighs or close. Also some guys look bigger and stronger than others, and they may not be.
I'm excited for Tyler to get going. I think he has tremendous upside too. My comment wasn't a knock on Tyler, it was just surprising that Steward (as a WR) was the same size or bigger than one of our prized OLB/DE recruits. It's kind of like looking at ZL next to Gotsis.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Vic is actually one of the smaller members of our class (he's around 5'10 200 lbs)...not physically impressive for a P5 LB. Of course, he plays like he's a 6'3 240 lb freak, which is all that matters.

No way is he only 200 lbs!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I just drove by about 7 or 8 of the freshman, they were hanging out on the south corner of the stadium. Sellers looked pretty big, his body type reminds me of Gotsis. I also saw Glanton and to be honest he looked smaller than Sellers did, unless I was mistaken someone else for Glanton.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
actually the one story I recall, it was 2008, the players complained about a kid with red gear/uga gear on and said get him out of the stadium. Paul looked at his players and said "why" you haven't beat them in 7 years if you want the respect go beat them".....

I don't recall him removing a person for wearing red...but GOL did...alot and didn't allow that color in the AA either.
Actually this seems quite common in the competitive nature of the game. The Clemson staff once would not allow an instructor to play in a basketball pickup game because he had SC colors. That is serious.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I just drove by about 7 or 8 of the freshman, they were hanging out on the south corner of the stadium. Sellers looked pretty big, his body type reminds me of Gotsis. I also saw Glanton and to be honest he looked smaller than Sellers did, unless I was mistaken someone else for Glanton.
Amazing that only a year ago, Sellers was making the transformation from a 200 pound Jr. to a 230 lb. Senior from just before spring to summer. Then after GT was the first school to offer, he kept working at getting bigger/stronger. He may move from DE to Tackle eventually.

decatur jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Weird. I was expecting Stewart to arrive riding on the back of a rhino and holding a golden scepter... ;)

In all seriousness, I'm excited to see what this group can do on the field. Especially the RB's that get a chance to step up immediately. GO JACKETS!

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
When I was with my other friend on the GT staff, we chatted at length about the incoming freshmen. How they looked, what the "feel" of the group was as they were arriving. Then, I had the chance to ask about some specific players.

For some reason, I thought to ask about Dorian Walker. He said,"You know, he's one people may have a tendency to go to sleep on. He was a late recruit from a small school. But, honestly we're excited about that kid. He's an athlete. We're going to have to see where we can best use him because that kid could play just about anywhere. He might be fun."