Player suspensions

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I think the difference between Sexton and our players is we admitted guilt and let the NCAA know exactly what we did. I'm sure Bama and Sexton are saying they don't know a thing and there is no paper trail except his parents now have a few thousand dollars more to their names. The NCAA isn't the law so they can investigate all they want but they can't pull his parents tax records or anything. We all can guess what went on but there's no way to prove it. GT made it easy on the NCAA and probably won't get the mercy we deserve for that.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think the difference between Sexton and our players is we admitted guilt and let the NCAA know exactly what we did. I'm sure Bama and Sexton are saying they don't know a thing and there is no paper trail except his parents now have a few thousand dollars more to their names. The NCAA isn't the law so they can investigate all they want but they can't pull his parents tax records or anything. We all can guess what went on but there's no way to prove it. GT made it easy on the NCAA and probably won't get the mercy we deserve for that.

Well, it's likely to come out via the FBI though. IMO, Bama playing ignorant is basically them saying, "Meh, we'll forfeit these games later once everyone realizes we played an ineligible player. Oh well, they can take away the wins but they can't take back the dough we make on the Sexton jerseys."

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
@kg01 has it. Bama has probably reconciled themselves to the fact that they are going to get hammered once everything comes out anyway. So, might as well go out swinging and play the kid.

We on the other hand are only looking at this small number of games and it is in our best interest not to poke the hornets nest. Add to that it really doesn't matter as JO is injured and wouldn't be playing anyway.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
What sucks is we tried to stand up for our guys in the football case and got smashed (while UNC basically gave them the double barrel middle fingers to their years long investigation and got nothing), so this time we bent over backwards for them and we're probably going to get smashed again (relatively) to make up for their looking like impotent *******es with UNC.

Deleted member 2897

Lol. You know I had the same thoughts once I hit post reply.

I'm telling you, one day the big scandal is going to be that Josh gets arrested for human trafficking and slavery. The world will be shocked to learn that he was 1 of 4 quadruplets, and has his other 3 brothers locked away in a basement communicating with recruits and analyzing film for food. But at least we'll all finally realize how he was able to get done what he gets done in a 24 hour day.

megatron

Jolly Good Fellow
I regret this comment. I’m not above emotional discourse. My emotion got the better of me. Feel free to judge me accordingly

You're good, man. No judgement from me.

If I knew how to edit my post, I would remove the quote so there's no reference to it.

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm telling you, one day the big scandal is going to be that Josh gets arrested for human trafficking and slavery. The world will be shocked to learn that he was 1 of 4 quadruplets, and has his other 3 brothers locked away in a basement communicating with recruits and analyzing film for food. But at least we'll all finally realize how he was able to get done what he gets done in a 24 hour day.

Occam's razor: He's on speed. :D

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
NCAA announced a Clemson player being suspended for 9 guys, so it'd be plausible to assume a ruling has come down on GT as well but they are just waiting for the team to wake up in China before announcing.