Player suspensions

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
NCAA announced a Clemson player being suspended for 9 guys, so it'd be plausible to assume a ruling has come down on GT as well but they are just waiting for the team to wake up in China before announcing.
I think if it is good news, they tell the team before the game. If not, they wait until tomorrow or later.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The clemson player was former Valparaiso player David Skara.
potential starter for them replacing Blossingame.

Had forgotten just how many transfers Clemson has on that team
Skara from Valpo
Thomas from TX A&M
Reed from Robert Morris
Donnal from Mich
Mitchell from Vandy

Pretty much every non FR except Grantham and DeVoe.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
We are all just waiting with bated breath.

I’d expect something tomorrow I’d imagine. The boys left China yesterday, which was Sunday and arrived today, on Sunday, when the NCAA is probably out out burning money that should be going to the athletes

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Something has happened cause there shouldn’t be this delay. I don’t think it’s good either. These kids just don’t deserve this.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Something has happened cause there shouldn’t be this delay. I don’t think it’s good either. These kids just don’t deserve this.
Could you elaborate on this, please? What is the typical turnaround time by NCAA in these types of situations? Are there statistics you can site on the longer the decision process, the harsher the punishment?

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Could you elaborate on this, please? What is the typical turnaround time by NCAA in these types of situations? Are there statistics you can site on the longer the decision process, the harsher the punishment?
Nothing has happened yet. When it does happen it will not be the end of the program. You are looking at a few games and that’s it. The team and coaches are adjusting to being back on EST. That thirteen hour difference took a toll on them.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
I can tell you we were told the punishment last Wednesday and was supposed to be announced. The only reason it hasn’t because something has caused the delay. We knew the days last Wednesday so the NCAA must have heard from Ron Bell or were provided more info.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Do they not take these things in order? IOW, there could be cases they were working on prior to this?

Or when they see it is GT, do they drop every other single thing and Fuchs on us?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
@Jumpman, a previous comment implied that we have definitely heard from the NCAA and for some reason the announcement was delayed. Have your sources indicated whether we have heard anything from the NCAA? If so, is the delay in announcing an internal decision within the GTAA? Thanks.