Player suspensions

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
i have an idea. how about we all get a pair of our worst stained undershorts and mail them to him. maybe that will make up for his hurt feelings over a t-shirt. heh.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
when you chose the behavior ( making tweets etc) YOU chose the consequences.

if he doesnt like what he reads? to fn bad imo. he needs to delete his twitter account. nobody is forcing him to be on twitter.

given all the tweets herr trump has to put up with? if it were legally possible to sue over tweets... herr trump would have many law suits in the works. i doubt that this guy can sue anybody.

I think you totally missed the point. Doesn't matter if you feel the guy has 2 legs to stand on in court, it's still his right to sue you. Courts may throw it out, but you still need to address it. If you're legal savvy enough, you can file your own paperwork to dismiss it, or you could hire a lawyer to take care of it. Either way, it's still a hassle.

Is tweeting that guy stupid things worth it? If it is to you, have it at it.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This might be posted later, but Pastner said in a briefing before getting on the plane to China that Okogie and Jackson would not be going. For Jackson's part in the violation he gets a 6 game suspension, and Okogie gets 9.
I read the NCAA is considering mitigating circumstances. The jerk's tweets actually help our case.

GaTechNation

Georgia Tech Fan
I like the sound of that, but this is the NCAA we are talking about; expecting them to arrive at a rational and reasonable conclusion is like expecting a fish to tap-dance.

I was hoping that if they catch Bell, then the suspensions would be limited or gone but like you said no one knows what the NCAA is capable of. Honestly, if they get any sort of suspension I am going to be livid. Guarantee big name teams like Duke, Louisville, Kentucky, etc. have players that take more money a month than Okogie and Jackson did yet since they make money for the NCAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I like the sound of that, but this is the NCAA we are talking about; expecting them to arrive at a rational and reasonable conclusion is like expecting a fish to tap-dance.
I would like to know the details of this. Hopefully that will come in the not too distant future.

I suspect that Jackson & Okogie were somewhat unsuspecting victims who used poor judgement at a moment when they thought Bell was doing something CJP approved. It's a shame neither made the China trip as that is a reward far greater than a pair of really nice sneakers. Not matter where they went to eat with the jerk, they got screwed in this transaction. Not to mention what happened to their and their teammates' chances to make the NCAAT.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Pretty much. This is on CPast for letting the meth-head in the henhouse in the first place. I imagine he's kicking himself and will be more ... woke (did I use that right, millenials? where you at when we need you @ChasonBaller ) going forward.

Funny, Gregs had an almost worse lapse in judgment in hiring his (allegedly) felonious grad asst from Dayton. To his credit, he learned from it. I'm sure CPast will as well.
Yeah but just add a hashtag
#Woke

Jacketbacker17

Jolly Good Fellow
Lol @ this guy.

Attachments

• 173D8515-4DCD-406B-8A98-3EC419EE8932.png
    173D8515-4DCD-406B-8A98-3EC419EE8932.png
    669.8 KB · Views: 149
  • A55B7F3A-C7D5-4625-AB6C-651C98FCD61E.png
    A55B7F3A-C7D5-4625-AB6C-651C98FCD61E.png
    902.9 KB · Views: 141

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
With his accounts private and knowing, one way or another, Tadric & Josh are gonna miss games, the horse is out of the barn except for the final tally, which we're all gonna be annoyed about regardless of how many games it is.

I propose we just leave it all alone at this point. It is what it is and we've got better things to do like figuring out UCLA, enjoying the reports back from China, and determining wtf we need in the 2019 class.

Time to move on and cheer on the Jackets.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
With his accounts private and knowing, one way or another, Tadric & Josh are gonna miss games, the horse is out of the barn except for the final tally, which we're all gonna be annoyed about regardless of how many games it is.

I propose we just leave it all alone at this point. It is what it is and we've got better things to do like figuring out UCLA, enjoying the reports back from China, and determining wtf we need in the 2019 class.

Time to move on and cheer on the Jackets.
Indeed, let the staff, GTAA, and NCAA handle it at this point.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I think you totally missed the point. Doesn't matter if you feel the guy has 2 legs to stand on in court, it's still his right to sue you. Courts may throw it out, but you still need to address it. If you're legal savvy enough, you can file your own paperwork to dismiss it, or you could hire a lawyer to take care of it. Either way, it's still a hassle.

Is tweeting that guy stupid things worth it? If it is to you, have it at it.

you must be talking to some youngster. i dont tweet. really have no use for it. i see it as no different than taking selfies. gag . i get your point. im just saying he really doesnt have much of a case.