Player suspensions

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Ahhhhhhhh!!!

So much anger.
Does JO know this is the same guy? Does he still engage him under his other handle.
The staff and team are aware of the various twitter handles. They are also aware of the fake text messages and stolen pictures.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
SMH. This whole thing would never happen if staff had stuck to the most basic principal in coaching. If you’re not on staff or on the team, sit in the stands and cheer. The moment you let hangers-on of any variety into the locker room, practice, etc touve abdicated and control you had and bad things will happen.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
OMG...I'm having nightmares of GT as Cleveland State because the NCAA looked like an inept babysitter after the UNC thing.
Yep! thought it very possible that the NCAA will drop the hammer on Tech just because the NCAA got so much grief from not hammering N. C. Remember what they did to Tech because 2 football players accepted clothing costing $300? Tech is a two time loser now and we don't stand up for ourselves.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
SMH. This whole thing would never happen if staff had stuck to the most basic principal in coaching. If you’re not on staff or on the team, sit in the stands and cheer. The moment you let hangers-on of any variety into the locker room, practice, etc touve abdicated and control you had and bad things will happen.

Pretty much. This is on CPast for letting the meth-head in the henhouse in the first place. I imagine he's kicking himself and will be more ... woke (did I use that right, millenials? where you at when we need you @ChasonBaller ) going forward.

Funny, Gregs had an almost worse lapse in judgment in hiring his (allegedly) felonious grad asst from Dayton. To his credit, he learned from it. I'm sure CPast will as well.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Apparently, Hillary Clinton and her pal John Podesta began colluding with the Russians in 2009. John and his brother had formed the Podesta Group, and Paul Manafort worked with them on behalf of Putin and Russia. First, they supported Putin/Russia efforts to acquire 1/5 of US Uranium production. While Robert Mueller was head of the FBI, US Attorney Rosenstein oversaw an investigation of Russian money laundering, bribes, extortion, and kickbacks in order to get this deal. 145 million dollars was reportedly also paid to the Clinton Foundation by members of the board of the Russian company which acquired the Uranium deal. Reportedly, Rod Rosenstein and Robert Mueller had a responsibility to inform Congress, but that did not happen. On top of that, the Obama administration approved a visa in 2011 and 2014 for a Russian nuclear official about whom they had evidence of criminal activity, apparently against the law. There is now talk that the AG will create a special counsel to investigate all of this.

That's the big thing that is going on.
Is the NCAA investigating also?

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
That's some bs. Give the shoes back or pay for em should be enough. There's no way that UNCAA should be able to keep em from China.
This might be posted later, but Pastner said in a briefing before getting on the plane to China that Okogie and Jackson would not be going. For Jackson's part in the violation he gets a 6 game suspension, and Okogie gets 9.

Deleted member 2897

I really want to strangle this guy...

Yea, when you realize this is the very guy who caused all this...its got a scary stalker, Type B personality disorder, schizophrenic, drug addicted, Fatal Attraction feel to it.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Where did you see this?

I believe those are the NCAA standards, but it could be more or less.

I'm pretty sure that is what was listed in the AJC as the standard punishment for this type of offense and in that range of impermissible benefits.

The hope is that due to the nut job involved and the fact that he set them up, there will be some leniency given.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm pretty sure that is what was listed in the AJC as the standard punishment for this type of offense and in that range of impermissible benefits.

The hope is that due to the nut job involved and the fact that he set them up, there will be some leniency given.

Hate to be a Darryl Downer here but I imagine the UNCAA's counter to any leniency talk is simply stating, "Uh well, the players should've known not to accept, blah, blah, blah ..."

I prefer the stall, give benefits to regular students game. I'm probably 15% kidding on that. The UNCAA is a joke.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
People who project their hateful impulses onto others need to be persecuted to validate that the hatred belongs to others instead of them. In other words, don't feed the troll.

Deleted member 2897

The way we on these boards can hurt this person (bell, is that correct) the most is to ignore him.

In a way, that will also help him the most in the way he needs it. He needs to cut out all this and get his house and life back in order. The quicker he stops all these charades and moves on with his life, the better off he will be.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I bet his wifes unattractive, he has no friends, and his parents dont like him...but at least he got Tech basketball in trouble so he has that going for him...junkies gonna junkie

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Not sure how it would apply across states, but most states have an anti-bullying law. I'm sure whoever the guy is reads this messageboard, and there is clearly posts from fonts saying to go to this guy's twitter and leave "comments". That could be viewed as bullying, and could cause some people to have to "lawyer up" and answer questions even if you don't think it amounts to bullying. I'm not defending anyone, just pointing out things that can keep some of you from being inconvenienced from people who want to make life miserable for everyone. It could also cause trouble for mods on this board for "organizing" what he would view as bullying by not deleting the comments about giving certain people a hard time on social media.

IMO, it's just better not back a desperate person into a corner and leave well enough alone. Desperate people do desperate things. I think it's best to let GT and the NCAA handle this, and let's not go over to social media trying take our frustrations about our players suspensions on "that guy".

when you chose the behavior ( making tweets etc) YOU chose the consequences.

if he doesnt like what he reads? to fn bad imo. he needs to delete his twitter account. nobody is forcing him to be on twitter.

given all the tweets herr trump has to put up with? if it were legally possible to sue over tweets... herr trump would have many law suits in the works. i doubt that this guy can sue anybody.