PJ to Woody?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So why wouldn't a D coordinator love coming to Tech. Let's see, you need to have your defense stop the other team and by the way, the other team only gets the ball 9-10 times a game and there are times your D is on the sidelines 9-10 minutes........hmmmmmm

Let's see. The head coach is a mediocre recruiter who'd only real advantage in that department is getting good fits for his offense, too wont have a scout team offense that includes several standard pieces of most offenses you face, you'll get the blame for losses from most of the fanbase regardless of how the game actually goes, and you'll still face also those same challenges people through out to defend Johnson, because they apply just as much to the DC as they do to the head coach. Also, because there are only 9 possessions a blown coverage or missed tackle is a bigger deal because it fewer possessions need to defend is also fewer opportunities for the own offense to score.

yjack

Jolly Good Fellow
If the D improves and thus Tech improves, along with the upgraded facilities, would Woody be the best we could get? Not a knock on Woody, but wouldn't interest in our HC position rise a bit?

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
If I had my choice for a replacement I'd want Lane Kiffin, but he'd A) probably get us in trouble and B) leave if he had success, so my next option would be Jeff Monken to replace PJ.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Basically. I want to find a track to win 3 championships in the next 20 years. Football over academics baby!!!!!! Hahaha

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope that CPJ has at least several more years st GT in him. However, If Woody’s defense works well at GT, I like his attitude and I think a defensive-minded coach who can create successful defenses at GT would be a great choice. In my 20+ years as a GT fan, we’ve only ever been good when the offense was really good, and aside from one good season with Tenuta (which with only 9 wins and an ending that involved multiple crushing losses, actually wasn’t that great) we’ve not been very good on defense. So, if we can lock in a HC with a track record of successful defense at GT, and pair him with an OC of Bohannon, or Monken, or Candeto, or the Navy coach whose name I’m not going to try to spell, that to me would be ideal. The OC doesn’t have to come from CPJ’s tree, but since most of our success has involved option football and we know his system can work at GT it makes sense.

I'd like to see Woody do well and if he became HC, get someone more modern as OC so that we're not hamstrung any further when it comes to recruiting. It's tough enough already to get kids interested in our curriculum. Playing in this offensive scheme makes it tougher.

It's unpopular but the last guy we need here is another service academy guy running another Option-heavy offense.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see Woody do well and if he became HC, get someone more modern as OC so that we're not hamstrung any further when it comes to recruiting. It's tough enough already to get kids interested in our curriculum. Playing in this offensive scheme makes it tougher.

It's unpopular but the last guy we need here is another service academy guy running another Option-heavy offense.

Full heartedly agree. People say we cannot pay for a bama coordinator, well is it because we dont give enough to help pay?

If you want this team to win then we are going to have to donate a ton.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I will forever be baffled by those who wish to see GT go back to scoring 10-14 ppg as long as the offense "looks" like everybody else's.

I want tech to score 30 a game with a modern offense to recruit the athletes. We dont put up 30 against teams like Clemson or Alabama. We would be happy to put up 21. We need to find a way to have top 10 recruiting classes, to be in the top 10 year in and out. Otherwise what are we doing??????