PJ to Woody?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone see a possibility if the defense has a good couple years. We finish in the top 2 in the coastal and Johnson feels he's growing tired of the long schedule of being coach. That Woody would be our new HC?

I hate looking to the future, but I can see him as a head coach, I'm curious if he succeeds here that he doesn't have a head coaching position in 3 years.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone see a possibility if the defense has a good couple years. We finish in the top 2 in the coastal and Johnson feels he's growing tired of the long schedule of being coach. That Woody would be our new HC?

I hate looking to the future, but I can see him as a head coach, I'm curious if he succeeds here that he doesn't have a head coaching position in 3 years.
I’ve thought about this same thing. I think if TStan sees him as a good fit, it would make his life easier to promote from within.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
even if the D improves greatly, there would still be several bridges to cross. But not beyond realm of possibility.

I get the slight impression TStan likes to hire folks with H/C experience but IDK.

One thing that immediately came to mind was hiring Carson to replace Dodd- yikes!

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
If johnson retires I could see it and given how woody has talked about the offense I'm not entirely sure he wouldnt want to keep running it or something really close.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
With our new shiny facilities and if Woody can recruit top talent that takes his defense to next-level, gt could be a landing place for a big name coach.

We sometimes forget that when Coach retires, we will have to replace Sewak too. Where do u find a TO o l coach as experienced as ours?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ya, but we are hoping for the best and dreaming about a future. Reality will be here soon enough.

Until then, Woody is going to do what he did at App state with higher rated platers. We will have a top 30 and maybe a top 20 defense within 3 years.

CPJ will have a top 30 and sometimes a top 20 offense in the next three years.

The sun will shine, the darkness will hide again, statues will be built, a legacy will be etched in the stone of history.

Until proven otherwise, I will believe! But data and history will be king.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Bohannan ain’t happening bc he’s a dawg. Assistant is one thing, head coach another. I could see Woody taking over with Candeto as offensive coordinator. Monken would be good too. I feel though PJ is rejuvenated with Stansbury at the helm and facilities improving. I think he coaches another 5 + years.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Bohannan ain’t happening bc he’s a dawg. Assistant is one thing, head coach another. I could see Woody taking over with Candeto as offensive coordinator. Monken would be good too. I feel though PJ is rejuvenated with Stansbury at the helm and facilities improving. I think he coaches another 5 + years.

Hope you are right on the last part.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
From what I've seen and heard so far, I would be very happy for Woody to be Johnson's successor down the road.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

If he's winning, I don't see CPJ going anywhere by choice. He said he'll do this as long as it's fun. CPJ enjoys winning. I could see CNW being a head coach in 3 years if we do really well on D, but he'd have to step down for the job e.g. a Wofford or maybe App State. Really hard to jump straight from a coordinator to P5 head coach unless you're Nick Saban's right hand man. Heck, even Bud Foster didn't get the VT job.

Now, we average 9+ wins a year for ~5 years with a top 20 D. I could see CNW being named AHC/HC-in-waiting and bringing in someone off the CPJ 3O tree as OC.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Ya, but we are hoping for the best and dreaming about a future. Reality will be here soon enough.

Had Johnson retired last year and we hired Woody I very much doubt many would see it as a good hire. No experience as HC and before this year no experience coaching in a P5 conference and the dream is him? Sorry. I don't get it. I would expect the dream to be we do really well and then grab Monken who also does really well over the next couple years or something.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
He's done a damn good job at KSU for sure.

I agree. I think we just need to look at the big picture. Do we want to run, a run based option offense for the next 2 decades or do we pick off a Alabama coordinator and try and compete with the clemsons recruiting wise.