Pittsburgh

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My problem is with the decision making by Hall. First of all, we have been hearing all along how Hurter was available out of the bullpen for these ACC series. yesterday would have been the ideal situation to use him and let him pitch a few innings (not just one or two)...but...nope, no Hurter. Let's use Hughes instead. Game over. Heck, I would have used Jake Brace and Combs before I put Hughes into a game like that where a walk can cost you the game (and did).

I am also not at all certain that I would have pulled CT after only 90 pitches, unless Bart had given him a heads up that CT was losing his effectiveness out there. And for sure I would not have gone to Datoc, who has proven to be either Jeckyl or Hyde in these situations. @Rooster has lineup changes which make total sense. As many have said, you simply cannot have 3 automatic outs in your lineup...it puts way too much pressure on the other 6 to swing and produce since they know they can't let the inning get to those 3 at the bottom. That's where rallies go to die.

Losing to Pitt is indeed terrible. Their RPI is worse than Georgia State's...this is NOT a good baseball team we just lost to. In fact, we have lost 2 of 3 to teams that we have no business losing to, under virtually any circumstances. We are losing because of highly questionable decisions by Hall.

Last edited:

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I can kind of agree with this, but coming into the series, Pitt was 6-9 in the ACC. I believe that the only series that they were swept in was a road series, so they have won at least 1 game in every home series.
Yeah, as Fred pointed out in another thread, coming into the weekend there had only been 1 road sweep in the ACC this year. So hopes for a sweep were maybe not realistic. We could easily be 2-0 in this series and just as easily be 0-2. We are a middle of the pack team at this point, capable of winning or losing to anyone.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Hope we get some hits to start falling against this guy. He’s got an 8+ ERA against ACC comp, and the league is batting .320 against him. Through 3 we are hitless.

Meanwhile, on the other side, Tristen doesn’t seem to have his best stuff. 5 baserunners through 2 innings. Both runs have come off of walks.

Com’on Jackets. WAKEUP!!!!!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hall’s defense has been killing us. He has to catch that ball.

He's 0-13 this weekend hitting too .........

T7th tied 4-4. Serratos on second with 1 out. Please a RISP hit!

Update: Got the RISP double from the best hitter in the ACC, Marray. Up 5-4.

Fact Archer is pitching again shows the lack of depth in our bull pen. Guess Hall is all talk about Hurter being a reliever. We've got the talent, need the coaching.

Last edited: