Pittsburgh

I really wanted to eat crow about the direction this team was heading. By all rights should have been a pit sweep. This team is talented, but they are not playing with any kind of urgency. Too many good baseball coaches out there for us to waste any more time with our current skipper.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I am so pissed that I was right when I posted that I did not have a good feeling about this week end. I actually told a buddy that we may get swept, and we came one swing of the bat from that.Why do we play so crappy on the road? Our hitters should for the most part be embarrassed by their performance. And we desperately need a closer. We now have blown any shot we had at hosting a Regional.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I am so pissed that I was right when I posted that I did not have a good feeling about this week end. I actually told a buddy that we may get swept, and we came one swing of the bat from that.Why do we play so crappy on the road? Our hitters should for the most part be embarrassed by their performance. And we desperately need a closer. We now have blown any shot we had at hosting a Regional.
65, you and I were both suckers to ever believe that we were good enough to have a shot at hosting. Trying to figure out now if I am a sucker to believe we a good enough to even get to a regional. What a difference a week makes. That is the second time this season I have said that. Hopefully I will be saying it again this time next week, but right now I doubt it.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We made D1 top 5 Ouch list - with Clemson (1-3 this week) and FSU (swept by Fluke).

"– GEORGIA TECH
What Happened: Lost two of three at Pitt
Why It Hurts: You gotta take care of business vs. the Northern schools of the ACC
No, I’m not saying the Pitt Panthers are a bad team. But Tech was sitting at No. 25 in the RPI entering the week, then dropped two of three up in SteelerLand (both by a single run as well) and also lost a midweek game vs. in-state little brother Georgia State. That three-loss week has dropped the Rambling Wreck down to No. 43, precariously close to bubble land if the season ended today. Coming off a sweep of Miami and a series win vs. top ten Florida State, you’d figure the Techsters would be playing with a lot of confidence. "

Ouch to those outside the program too. I expected us to win the series with hopes of a sweep. Silly me / us.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
We made D1 top 5 Ouch list - with Clemson (1-3 this week) and FSU (swept by Fluke).

"– GEORGIA TECH
What Happened:
Lost two of three at Pitt
Why It Hurts: You gotta take care of business vs. the Northern schools of the ACC
No, I’m not saying the Pitt Panthers are a bad team. But Tech was sitting at No. 25 in the RPI entering the week, then dropped two of three up in SteelerLand (both by a single run as well) and also lost a midweek game vs. in-state little brother Georgia State. That three-loss week has dropped the Rambling Wreck down to No. 43, precariously close to bubble land if the season ended today. Coming off a sweep of Miami and a series win vs. top ten Florida State, you’d figure the Techsters would be playing with a lot of confidence. "

Ouch to those outside the program too. I expected us to win the series with hopes of a sweep. Silly me / us.
I think, at this point in the season, not winning the series defines this team as being fragile. Is it youth? Is it coaching not motivating and inspiring to perform? A good team should have at least gone up there in the nice spring weather and won the series convincingly. We came real close to being swept instead. Perhaps we deserve the 43.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think, at this point in the season, not winning the series defines this team as being fragile. Is it youth? Is it coaching not motivating and inspiring to perform? A good team should have at least gone up there in the nice spring weather and won the series convincingly. We came real close to being swept instead. Perhaps we deserve the 43.
Interesting descriptive word "fragile". These are things I'll never know... but very curious about. If you could plot the trajectory of the "attitude" or "mood" or "confidence" of the team over the season.. how much would it fluctuate? Hopefully.. not much. I'd like to think they are generally "up" and feel prepared and able to win. ...but you wonder.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Interesting descriptive word "fragile". These are things I'll never know... but very curious about. If you could plot the trajectory of the "attitude" or "mood" or "confidence" of the team over the season.. how much would it fluctuate? Hopefully.. not much. I'd like to think they are generally "up" and feel prepared and able to win. ...but you wonder.
It's been a long time since I was involved in a team sport but coaching always played an important part in "getting one's mind right" to be able to get out there and do your best. And it gets contagious. Maybe this team needs some new, young blood coaching to gets these kids performing in the clutch. I think we've got better talent than our record belies except maybe on the mound. But maybe better coaching could make somewhat of a difference there, also.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

To be Devil's Advocate, we "would" have won the first game if Serratos hadn't been caught stealing before the solo home-run. Or if Colin Hall had made a catchable catch in the outfield (according to WREK).

And the second game was winnable too with one more hit or one more good defensive play.

But neither happened. And to put yourself into a losing position against a team you should dominate 2 of 3 games, and not dominate any is ....... ****ty.

I'm agreeing but pointing out all three games were razor thin. Maybe another way of saying we aren't any better than Pitt or vice versa.

I'm tired of GT not being relevant in the ACC regular season and not having been for years.