Pittsburgh

Daybreaker

Banned
And in regular Danny Hall fashion we find a way to lose to a crappy Pitt team. Classic to finish the week 1-3 after getting a glimmer of hope from last weekend. My analysis....they’re still $hit!y and DH should be canned

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Oh well, back to 500 in ACC. Given our coaching that is an achievement for the players. Lost to one of the worst teams in the ACC.

In ninth - why not PH for Colin Hall?

I got some bathroom knobs replaced, loose boards nailed down, 2 cars washed, finished up some business tax stuff and doing spreadsheet stuff for work. Productive day. Can't rely on GT baseball so I don't ........
Who would you pinch hit? Radcliffe is hitting worse than him, Guldberg is limited to a pinch runner right now, and everybody else has very few ABs.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
So. It’s Pittsburgh that ends up taking three ACC series in a row & our streak of 7 years without taking T-I-R continues. I don’t look for it to end this year. This team is just too inconsistent. Now 2-7 on the road in the ACC. All that good work agains Miami & FSU to put themselves in position for a strong finish seems wasted now. I guess I should feel fortunate we won one. Could have and probably should have been swept.

Deleted member 2897

Done complaining.

Now time to pivot - I feel really bad for the guys. Probably just an amazing locker room Friday night and atmosphere at the hotel. And now heading home with this finish. :(

THWG

Helluva Engineer
So. It’s Pittsburgh that ends up taking three ACC series in a row & our streak of 7 years without taking T-I-R continues. I don’t look for it to end this year. This team is just too inconsistent. Now 2-7 on the road in the ACC. All that good work agains Miami & FSU to put themselves in position for a strong finish seems wasted now. I guess I should feel fortunate we won one. Could have and probably should have been swept.
Exactly, this team is inconsistent because they are very young and having to play a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. The biggest loss of the year is clearly Carter Hall. Now we just need to go out and take 2/3 from UNC next weekend.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Someone who is not 0-14? I would have PH Waddell for Hall. Nick does good at coaxing walks and is more likely to get on than Hall.
At least Hall is some kind of a threat with the bat though, even if he was 0-14. I don't think that Wilhite has an extra base hit this year and his series wasn't much better than Hall's.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Exactly, this team is inconsistent because they are very young and having to play a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. The biggest loss of the year is clearly Carter Hall. Now we just need to go out and take 2/3 from UNC next weekend.
That seems unlikely, but wouldn’t put it past them.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Who would you pinch hit? Radcliffe is hitting worse than him, Guldberg is limited to a pinch runner right now, and everybody else has very few ABs.
Believe me, I'm not defending the coach. But I agree with this. There are no real options that jump out at me to PH in 9th there. I do wonder about Curry... but he has 0 at bats this season.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
RPI probably sitting at 50 after this stinker - wrong side of the bubble, probably. We three chances to up the RPI - @UNC and (I hate to say it) vs. Duke and the dwags.

The rest of the schedule is 11 home games against teams with an average RPI of 145. Lose a couple of those, and our RPI will be permanently in the gutter.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I imagine that he is probably just available on Fridays and Saturdays so he can pitch the weekday games.
Earlier in the season he was only available on Sundays to give him time to recover from his previous midweek start. He definitely should’ve been in either last night or today and we could have worried about Wednesday’s game when it gets here. Unless his arm just didn’t feel fresh this weekend.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
But @FredJacket, whose fault is it that Curry has 0 ABs this year ? I think we know the answer to that. A wasted, legitimate D1 bat sitting on the bench. No excuse for this. Kid can DH without it affecting his pitching. His is 19 years old, for gods sake. Watching Wilhite and Hall hit is similar to being next in line to see the Proctologist. You simply just don't want it to happen. No one will believe me, but Cole Neuber is twice the hitter that Hall and Wilhite will ever be. Sucks he can't get a shot. But hey, Radwhiff is sure to come around in the next 3 years. Simply put, Danny Hall is incompetent.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
But @FredJacket, whose fault is it that Curry has 0 ABs this year ? I think we know the answer to that. A wasted, legitimate D1 bat sitting on the bench. No excuse for this. Kid can DH without it affecting his pitching. His is 19 years old, for gods sake. Watching Wilhite and Hall hit is similar to being next in line to see the Proctologist. You simply just don't want it to happen. No one will believe me, but Cole Neuber is twice the hitter that Hall and Wilhite will ever be. Sucks he can't get a shot. But hey, Radwhiff is sure to come around in the next 3 years. Simply put, Danny Hall is incompetent.
I believe you about Neuber... no reason I shouldn't. Your comments above are reasonable given what I've observed with this team. I have lots of questions regarding coaching decisions.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Oh well, back to 500 in ACC. Given our coaching that is an achievement for the players. Lost to one of the worst teams in the ACC.

In ninth - why not PH for Colin Hall?

I got some bathroom knobs replaced, loose boards nailed down, 2 cars washed, finished up some business tax stuff and doing spreadsheet stuff for work. Productive day. Can't rely on GT baseball so I don't ........
Hall is horrid. I am done with him, the sooner we make the move the better. Our program and talent us much better than our coaching.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hall is horrid. I am done with him, the sooner we make the move the better. Our program and talent us much better than our coaching.

So you voted with me that "Before this season" is when Hall should leave? ;)

Damn, I want to go back to Peru. Looking at a hike to Mt Everest base camp with my son. (I'm stupid but not stupid enough to go higher.) Any other suggestions? (Other than @dawgbasher suggestion of waiting in the proctologist's line)?

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
So you voted with me that "Before this season" is when Hall should leave? ;)

Damn, I want to go back to Peru. Looking at a hike to Mt Everest base camp with my son. (I'm stupid but not stupid enough to go higher.) Any other suggestions? (Other than @dawgbasher suggestion of waiting in the proctologist's line)?
We had done better when you were out of the country, right? Pack your bags, son.