Pittsburgh

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The it’s showed some resiliency and battled those last couple of innings after sleepwalking through the first 7. We even overcame some coaching (bunting with Bailey and no outs and bottom of order behind him; however I do give some credit on bringing in Waddell to PH).

Let’s get after them tomorrow and win the series!

Oh yeah, and I think McCann knew that was gone!! Anyone else see the bat flip?!?!

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Great video !!! But who was that cheering like crazy for GT during the HR?? Was the softball team over cheering the baseball team on?? (Softball split their DH, btw)
Had to be, right? Not sure we’ve had that much cheering at a home game this season ;)

65Jacket

GT Athlete
The softball team was there for the homer. Why did the crappy TV coverage have no announcer, but carried the PA announcements and crowd noise. Their camera was next to our announcers. Why not use common sense and plug our guys into the TV telecast?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Other obligations today/tonight kept me disconnected from the action. Catching up now... here on the board.

Good to get the Fri road W. Looks like it wasn't easy. Seems like it rarely is, is it?

It does seem to me... schedule changes may be needed to avoid the rain coming to Pittsburgh.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think today's game may have been moved up to 1:00 pm.

Still shows 3PM @ RamblinWreck site, but I don't doubt it. No real chance of rain (12%) today, but tomorrow bad. Agree with @FredJacket , probably would be moved earlier to get a double header in today. Bad weather likely tomorrow after 1PM (75% or greater chance of rain during game https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/pa/pittsburgh?cm_ven=localwx_10day )

Both teams should really want to get all games in now as postponing to end of season right before ACC tourney hurts both teams. Most games seem to get postponed versus cancelled ....... need to get all these "easy" games in that we can. Easy now that we've won, but I had my doubts and tension going into 7th and 8th and 9th ..........

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looking at pitching last night, Curry did better than I thought at the time. Maybe it was the 3 hits (2 infield) in the first. Or his 2 HRs with WREK (Nick Sheeler? need help on his name) calling Curry's pitches being too high and risky for HR before they happened.

For @65Jacket , if you listen to the game on TuneIn - WREK, you can pause the TuneIn feed. Since my WatchESPN trails the TuneIn by about 10-15 seconds, I could pause the TuneIn by 15 seconds to synch up. I NEVER listen to other than WREK this year since Wiley and whoever he has are so good. And usually I listen to the game while doing other things. If there is a great play, I'll go watch it but otherwise be doing other things.

Anyway, Curry was 101/67 or 67% strikes over 6 complete. WHIP of 1.5 (8 hits, 1 walk). So pretty good, but I think I'm getting spoiled quickly by good starting pitching.

Archer was dominant. 24/39 = 62% strikes. WHIP = (1H +1W)/3.0IP = .67. And of course 0 ER!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Looking at pitching last night, Curry did better than I thought at the time. Maybe it was the 3 hits (2 infield) in the first. Or his 2 HRs with WREK (Nick Sheeler? need help on his name) calling Curry's pitches being too high and risky for HR before they happened.

For @65Jacket , if you listen to the game on TuneIn - WREK, you can pause the TuneIn feed. Since my WatchESPN trails the TuneIn by about 10-15 seconds, I could pause the TuneIn by 15 seconds to synch up. I NEVER listen to other than WREK this year since Wiley and whoever he has are so good. And usually I listen to the game while doing other things. If there is a great play, I'll go watch it but otherwise be doing other things.

Anyway, Curry was 101/67 or 67% strikes over 6 complete. WHIP of 1.5 (8 hits, 1 walk). So pretty good, but I think I'm getting spoiled quickly by good starting pitching.

Archer was dominant. 24/39 = 62% strikes. WHIP = (1H +1W)/3.0IP = .67. And of course 0 ER!
This TV / WREK synch up technique is what I recently started doing... when I can sit still to do it. Best way to watch a game...

...although, I like Roddy Jones on TV too. ...when he's on.

THWG

Helluva Engineer

I believe it is Scherer. You're right on Curry and I thought that he had a great game except for those 2 pitches. He did what an ace is supposed to do though and on a day where he didn't have his A+ stuff, he kept us in the game.