Pitt Postgame

slugboy

Staff member
I'd like to add a thoughtful comment, but this season has been baffling. Just making many more mistakes than last year, and not getting the breaks.

Coachbraun72

Georgia Tech Fan
The way it was explained to me, there is a different way to turn based on which LB is blitzing. Also, one of the LBs is 'hot' in which case QB beats him with a quick throw. There can be confusion about who is who, not supposed to be of course. It is not as cut and dry as people want to believe even make it seem. Without watching the game film and knowing the plan I would never imply one player was wrong. Remember the TV angle is easily h the worst for watching OL play. Except for the OB cut from the overhead cam. That was a good cut to watch.
As an aside, starting from inside the 10yd line is awful hard on offenses.

Coachbraun72

Georgia Tech Fan
The way it was explained to me, there is a different way to turn based on which LB is blitzing. Also, one of the LBs is 'hot' in which case QB beats him with a quick throw. There can be confusion about who is who, not supposed to be of course. It is not as cut and dry as people want to believe even make it seem. Without watching the game film and knowing the plan I would never imply one player was wrong. Remember the TV angle is easily h the worst for watching OL play. Except for the OB cut from the overhead cam. That was a good cut to watch.
As an aside, starting from inside the 10yd line is awful hard on offenses.

Milwaukee

Banned
I know people don't want to hear this but of the 5 losses this one is the most palatable. Tied back and forth the whole game and lose by a FG that was so long it had never been done in that kid's school's history.

At least we were in the game for 100% of it.

Co-sign

It was frustrating watching JT struggle with his passes and watching the D get gashed, but all in all we looked like a football team at least. That was refreshing. And I got to watch Marcus Marshall tote the rock, so that's a good Saturday in my book.

We will get some bounces at some point, even with as bad as we are playing. I see 2 upsets coming against FSU and UGA.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
thanks @Coachbraun72

Will give me / us something to Guess" about when watching the recording...

Agree 100% that it's a lot different when you're in the fire than when one is watching from the stands/couch.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Went to the game, watched the entire game, thought it was a good game, both teams fought hard for the win. Pittsburgh is a good team and they made a few more plays than we did. They earned the win. There was no upset today. The better team today won. The good news for us is we played hard and showed we wanted the win. If we keep playing with this level of effort, we should have some success soon. We are not as good as we thought we would be, but thinking you are going to be good does not actually make you good. We actually have a chance to win out but we will need some things to start going our way in terms of breaks/good fortune. We are at the point where we expect things to not go our way. I think a little good fortune could turn this ship around. Maybe we won't get any but that is such a random thing (good fortune) that you would think, eventually, some would come your way.

Well if nothing else, this is certainly teaching us all a lesson in humility. Maybe we all will appreciate those 7 and 6 seasoms a little more. Winning is hard in Division One college football and should not be taken for granted. The games still have meaning and we are gaining experience for a lot of young players and finding out what our overall squad is made of. The coaches are not having a great year but I think they have proven over time they can be successful and they do care about these young men and trying to help them be better football players but more importantly, better men.

At this point, I am just going to enjoy watching the team work to improve and hopefully have some success over the remaining games.

Go Jackets!

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Alright. I had a research conference and wedding today. Too busy for football. Who can give me a quick synopsis of the game? And if I were to watch it when GT Bob uploads it to YouTube, what should I look out for?

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Alright. I had a research conference and wedding today. Too busy for football. Who can give me a quick synopsis of the game? And if I were to watch it when GT Bob uploads it to YouTube, what should I look out for?
Offense showed up in spurts. Dive worked well. MM had several long runs.

Defense was hot garbage. Missed assignments, poor coverage, horrible tackling.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Went to the game, watched the entire game, thought it was a good game, both teams fought hard for the win. Pittsburgh is a good team and they made a few more plays than we did. They earned the win. There was no upset today. The better team today won. The good news for us is we played hard and showed we wanted the win. If we keep playing with this level of effort, we should have some success soon. We are not as good as we thought we would be, but thinking you are going to be good does not actually make you good. We actually have a chance to win out but we will need some things to start going our way in terms of breaks/good fortune. We are at the point where we expect things to not go our way. I think a little good fortune could turn this ship around. Maybe we won't get any but that is such a random thing (good fortune) that you would think, eventually, some would come your way.

Well if nothing else, this is certainly teaching us all a lesson in humility. Maybe we all will appreciate those 7 and 6 seasoms a little more. Winning is hard in Division One college football and should not be taken for granted. The games still have meaning and we are gaining experience for a lot of young players and finding out what our overall squad is made of. The coaches are not having a great year but I think they have proven over time they can be successful and they do care about these young men and trying to help them be better football players but more importantly, better men.

At this point, I am just going to enjoy watching the team work to improve and hopefully have some success over the remaining games.

Go Jackets!
Thank you for adding a rational perspective to what has, at times, been meaningless ranting.

Declinometer

Banned

Jabari Hunt and Keshawn Freeman doing the Nae Nae on defense.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT offense was the more explosive, but also got behind the sticks a couple times with blown up plays. That was the difference. We looked electric and they couldn't stop us in half 1, 330 total yards for the half and something like 220 in the last 7 min of Q1. The second half was alittle more ragged. PITT punched us in the stomach all game looking pedestrian but never screwing up either. They hit a couple deceptive plays for big yards. We contained Boyd fairly well. He had 8 for 70 with 2 TDs.