Pitt Postgame

Eli

Helluva Engineer
We are gonna fire a coach 1 year removed from winning 11 games and winning the OB???

Lets use some common sense here.
So it's cool if we go 2-10 because we won 11 games last year? If you're a buissness man and you have over 300,000 in sales one year and then have 20,000 the next year do you think your job would be in jeopardy?

GTFLETCH

Banned
We lost an All-American from the O line who has since started as a rookie in the NFL; also, big, fast and well coached defenses can make many O lines look bad at critical times...such as passing situations for a team that does not throw the ball well. Now, having said that, I would agree that some of our blocking techniques are suspect.
So because Shaq Mason left for the NFL, you are saying that is why Freddie Burden, Joe, Chamberlain were not apart of the Oline that blocked last year..... The bottom line is that we only lost one player from an Oline that went to and won the OB last year.... They SUCK this year, so either they kids are on strike or the coaches at GT have lost them and we need new leadership......But the BILL LEWIS **** CAN STOP ANY DAY!!!

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
So it's cool if we go 2-10 because we won 11 games last year? If you're a buissness man and you have over 300,000 in sales one year and then have 20,000 the next year do you think your job would be in jeopardy?
Does that analogy include a buyout for me that my company can't afford to pay???

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It may be little consolation & certainly won't satisfy those that are down on the coaches/team right now but the guys just don't give up. I remember MANY games in past years where we just gave up. Does this make it any easier - NO but I'm proud of the fact that they continue to play until the last second.

As always, Go Jackets - Sting 'em! #TogetherWeSwarm

GTFLETCH

Banned
Man, what a tough season. The incredibly tough schedule, the injuries, the last-minute losses...its like this year is the anti-2014. So strange.

I feel like the coaching is solid, the talent is improving, and the overall program is in good shape...and yet we keep losing. As the old saying goes, "Things are never as good or as bad as they look." This is a good team. I felt like it could have been a great one. That's very little consolation for a 2-5 record, but it gives me hope that we can turn this ship around. Go Jackets, win or lose.

This is looking like more and more like 1994!!!!!!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm just wondering why we passed on first and second down backed up in our own end zone when we had been running the ball on them for most of the game. Yes they stopped us better in the second half, but it's like we went away from what we were doing in the first. I didn't see near as many triple option plays in the second when it worked so well in the first. Sometime I think we out smart our selfs trying to make adjustments anticipating the other team stopping what we were doing so well, just keep doing it untill they prove they can stop it.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
So because Shaq Mason left for the NFL, you are saying that is why Freddie Burden, Joe, Chamberlain were not apart of the Oline that blocked last year..... The bottom line is that we only lost one player from an Oline that went to and won the OB last year.... They SUCK this year, so either they kids are on strike or the coaches at GT have lost them and we need new leadership......But the BILL LEWIS **** CAN STOP ANY DAY!!!

I still like Burden, but especially last year when he and Mason were plowing the way for Days, Laskey, and Thomas. As for Joe and Chamberlain, meh.

GTFLETCH

Banned
FOR THE RECORD!!! I LIKE THE PLAYERS ALSO!!!! I ALSO LIKED THE BOWL STREAK!!!! I DO NOT LIKE LOSING TO TEAMS LIKE DUKE/UNC/PITT..... I hate looking like WAKE Forest or the 1994 team.... Not winning 6 games is crap!!! NEED A NEW COACHING STAFF!!!

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
We have no answer when other teams bring pressure. Why Pitt didn't in the first half is still confusing to me. When they did in the 2nd half, our O looked lost for the most part like it has for most of the last 4 weeks.

Our defense is terrible. Ted seems content getting dominated all game. He must have forgot that the only time we played somewhat decent last year is when we brought pressure. I do not understand why he continues to play soft and bring 4. Maybe he's trying to sabotage PJ so he will get fired and he gets the head job? That's the only reason I can think of for him not playing aggressive when it's blatantly obvious what we are doing isn't working. (not serious before some of you freak out)

Positives from the game are that Marshall looks like a future star in this offense. I think Mitchell is going to be a really good player for us going forward as well as Gray on that side of the ball. Summers made a great catch early and the guys played hard.

It's time to forget this year and get the young guys ready for next year. This doesn't mean that we don't try to win, just that sacrificing some experience for growth in our young players isn't the worst thing we could do right now. If PJ is seriously thinking about moving T. Marshall to QB next year, go ahead and do it now so he can begin to get some meaningful reps. Play the young olineman more as well as Henderson on the DL. That's the best thing for the program right now.

GTFLETCH

Banned
We have no answer when other teams bring pressure. Why Pitt didn't in the first half is still confusing to me. When they did in the 2nd half, our O looked lost for the most part like it has for most of the last 4 weeks.

Our defense is terrible. Ted seems content getting dominated all game. He must have forgot that the only time we played somewhat decent last year is when we brought pressure. I do not understand why he continues to play soft and bring 4. Maybe he's trying to sabotage PJ so he will get fired and he gets the head job? That's the only reason I can think of for him not playing aggressive when it's blatantly obvious what we are doing isn't working. (not serious before some of you freak out)

Positives from the game are that Marshall looks like a future star in this offense. I think Mitchell is going to be a really good player for us going forward as well as Gray on that side of the ball. Summers made a great catch early and the guys played hard.

It's time to forget this year and get the young guys ready for next year. This doesn't mean that we don't try to win, just that sacrificing some experience for growth in our young players isn't the worst thing we could do right now. If PJ is seriously thinking about moving T. Marshall to QB next year, go ahead and do it now so he can begin to get some meaningful reps. Play the young olineman more as well as Henderson on the DL. That's the best thing for the program right now.

For what it is worth what you just posted has been a theme throughout CPJ tenure... The only difference is that our OLINE with Shaq Mason looked 100 times better then without Shaq Mason, and the defense is terrible comment only use to apply whe we played VT, UGA, Miami, and Clemson.... However all other schools are starting to follow suit and CPJ has no in game adjustments when he is getting abused by physical defensive play...

Also if we have to fire the DC and get a 4th DC for CPJ, why in the world does anyone think a 4th DC will have a different outcome from the first 3...When do we just call a spade a spade and hire a new coach??

GTFLETCH

Banned
LOL...hahahahahaha....rofl. You have literally no idea what you are talking about. We'll probably go 2-10, but Paul isn't going anywhere.
Which is a crying shame.... if we go 2-10 and look like 1994 then CPJ should be looking for a new job..

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Which is a crying shame.... if we go 2-10 and look like 1994 then CPJ should be looking for a new job..

People like you would have 5 coaches in 4 years. You don't fire a coach over a single season. If he can't get things back on track next season he'll be on the hotseat. Bad years happen. When they happen consistently it's time to look elsewhere. We're not there yet.

I do have to say that it's beginning to look like running the triple option really hurts the defense. They don't get quality looks of more common offenses with good players.

Coachbraun72

Georgia Tech Fan
The fact that people want to get rid of CPJ is hard to understand. ACC COY 3 of the last 6... OB champ, beat UGA played in 2 ACC champ games last 4 yrs. Do you guys understand the difference between GT and the other schools? GT players have to attend ACTUAL classes. GT is 0- on midterm week since 2010. Just cant convey the difference between what GT offers and what the other schools offer. I am sorry but since 2010 I have heard belly aching about Nat Champ possibilities. I'm just happy that my future CEO got the chance to also be competitive with the NFL factories.
Doesnt happen without CPJ

GTFLETCH

Banned
People like you would have 5 coaches in 4 years. You don't fire a coach over a single season. If he can't get things back on track next season he'll be on the hotseat. Bad years happen. When they happen consistently it's time to look elsewhere. We're not there yet.

I do have to say that it's beginning to look like running the triple option really hurts the defense. They don't get quality looks of more common offenses with good players.
Clearly we have different definitions of bad years...
We have only had two great years under CPJ 2008, 2014 (beat UGA) and in 2009 we had a decent year, but got our asses whipped in the OB..... 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015 are bad years (if we beat UGA in 2015 then it will be moved to decent year....see beating the dawgs rule)

GTFLETCH

Banned
The fact that people want to get rid of CPJ is hard to understand. ACC COY 3 of the last 6... OB champ, beat UGA played in 2 ACC champ games last 4 yrs. Do you guys understand the difference between GT and the other schools? GT players have to attend ACTUAL classes. GT is 0- on midterm week since 2010. Just cant convey the difference between what GT offers and what the other schools offer. I am sorry but since 2010 I have heard belly aching about Nat Champ possibilities. I'm just happy that my future CEO got the chance to also be competitive with the NFL factories.
Doesnt happen without CPJ

One of those ACC games we lucked into (thanks Miami and UNC)..... CPJ has only beat the dawgs twice..... AT Stanford/UCLA/DUKE/Northwestern they also have to go to class...

so 2008, 2014 were good years...(we beat the dawgs)...2009 was decent until CPJ got his butt kicked in the OB.... 2010,11,12,13,15 all suck (If we beat UGA this year then 2015 could be considered an ok year)