Pitt Postgame

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Is there anyone on this board that can try to explain the mystery of replacing Wells ? I’m at a complete loss how a guy who didn’t miss at all last year gets replaced by the one who did.

Did you see his kickoff attempt yesterday and his missed XP earlier in the season? Watched him in warmups? Wells is simply not right at all presently, whether it is an injury or something else. They arent sitting him for no reason.

Deleted member 2897

Is there anyone on this board that can try to explain the mystery of replacing Wells ? I’m at a complete loss how a guy who didn’t miss at all last year gets replaced by the one who did.

I read he’s been kicking very poorly in practice and warmups. I still don’t understand benching him until he actually missed one in a game first though. I mean at least make him miss ONE.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
A few games back I read numerous times on this site that GT shouldn't be expected to win, much less compete b/c they were fielding a roster with FCS level talent.

After the Miami win, I read how GT ran all over Miami, and how their defense was LEGIT, especially the run D...

Today, we lose to Pitt & now it appears the OL sucks again from reading this site.....

What should I expect next week??

This one is easy. Expect us to be bad. If the other team is worse (a la Miami) we might have a chance. If the other team is slightly below average or bettter, we will lose.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I read he’s been kicking very poorly in practice and warmups. I still don’t understand benching him until he actually missed one in a game first though. I mean at least make him miss ONE.

He missed an xp. Something isn't right with him. As hit or miss as King has been, Wells would absolutely be getting chances if they had reason to believe he could do it better. Could be an undisclosed injury.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
How so? Where am I off?

I respect your opinion and It’s possible you are correct. But at this point I’m not ready to make a final judgment on a guy for whom you haven’t seen very good OL protection and whose receivers are either very young or have played in an offense the last few years where they didn’t expect to get the ball much and it takes time to undo old habits (absolutely not meant as a criticism of the previous offense at all).

Certainly they looked bad yesterday and didn’t even show flashes that indicated a potential positive future. But we have seen flashes like that in a few of the prior games so I’m not ready, yet, to say James can’t be the guy. But like I said at the very start of my response it’s entirely possible you’re 100% correct. I’m just personally not ready to make that final call in my own head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Redshirt rules have an effect on his decision, and also he may not be ready (I know, he shouldn't have burned a game just to use him as a holder).
He wasn't the holder. He tried what appeared to be a run pass roll out to the right and got smothered by the Duke D. JG had to come out for the 2 point try. We were like 3 touchdowns behind at that time so why not get the point with a kick. Instead we put in a freshman who had not played a down all year for one play. It was a dumb call. Take the point and worry about a 2 point try if you can get a couple more TD's.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
He wasn't the holder. He tried what appeared to be a run pass roll out to the right and got smothered by the Duke D. JG had to come out for the 2 point try. We were like 3 touchdowns behind at that time so why not get the point with a kick. Instead we put in a freshman who had not played a down all year for one play. It was a dumb call. Take the point and worry about a 2 point try if you can get a couple more TD's.

I agree it was a dumb move, and mystifying. No rhyme or reason to it.