Pitt Panthers

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think Pitt is better than most of y'all seem to think.

We win turnovers we almost certainly win game barring unusual craziness. Turnovers even we need to stop their run game and win the red zone on both sides, probably equals a win barring craziness.

Cub Scout camp out weekend so I need someone to step up and scream their asses off to replace me....next man up time.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think Pitt is better than most of y'all seem to think.

We win turnovers we almost certainly win game barring unusual craziness. Turnovers even we need to stop their run game and win the red zone on both sides, probably equals a win barring craziness.

Cub Scout camp out weekend so I need someone to step up and scream their asses off to replace me....next man up time.
WILL DO.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok so James Connor, Nate Peterman, and Chris Blewitt are gone, so thats good. I think they still have that 300lb O-lineman that ran for a 20 yard TD against us though. But we should beat these guys this year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Per our lads depth chart they have a med size dl - d e 230-240 + d t 280-290. That sets up better for us than the small fast d e .
I think they will have trouble against o s u and have to bring lb.

I m o
Our Jax st blocking scheme released the offside d e (40) and sends our tackle to get the offside outside lb. Same on playside - the smallish d e is released into the backfield by d t. Yes the jet sweep and swing pass are good counter plays to this but when we run t o seems like a brush block is a good idea.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok so James Connor, Nate Peterman, and Chris Blewitt are gone, so thats good. I think they still have that 300lb O-lineman that ran for a 20 yard TD against us though. But we should beat these guys this year.

Unfortunately, yes, and he's just a junior -- that lineman is tackle Brian O'Neill, and he'll be getting NFL paychecks in years to come. O'Neill was a WR in high school, early at Pitt was a TE, and is now a top-notch lineman who former OC Matt Canada -- now gone to LSU, thank goodness-- used to fine effect for O'Neill's athletic ability not only against us last year, but also successfully against Virginia Tech on an old-school "tackle around"/"tackle reverse":

Milwaukee

Banned
Unfortunately, yes, and he's just a junior -- that lineman is tackle Brian O'Neill, and he'll be getting NFL paychecks in years to come. O'Neill was a WR in high school, early at Pitt was a TE, and is now a top-notch lineman who former OC Matt Canada -- now gone to LSU, thank goodness-- used to fine effect for O'Neill's athletic ability not only against us last year, but also successfully against Virginia Tech on an old-school "tackle around"/"tackle reverse":

God, that was beautiful.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
We should have beat them last year as well. That and the Miami game were two where the Football Gods turned on us. If They look favorably on us again - a repeat of 2014 would be nice - then we should win. A game where nobody turns it over or goofs up too badly otherwise should be close, but I give us the advantage. They're having more teething problems on offense then we are and the Ds seem about equal.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
That Pitt lineman would probably be a beast for us.

He would be awesome in our offense, and I think the two Qadrees would make a hell of a AB/BB tandem for us. It really does feel like they've been recruiting players for our offense over the last few years.