Petition: Use Gold as a Primary Color

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I'm not the one who designated White and Gold as Tech's PRIMARY colors. TStan did it as recently as 12 months ago, and prior to that, those two colors have ALWAYS been Tech's PRIMARY colors.
You missed essentially every point I made, so I’m just going to drop it. You’re so caught up in designations of what is considered a primary color that it really doesn’t matter what anybody tells you. TStan could come out tomorrow and declare Tech’s new primary colors are like green and sky blue, but if the teams continued to wear white and gold, would it really matter? All I’m trying to tell you is it literally makes no difference what color(s) is considered primary, and more about how they’re used.

I know I’ve read comments from you saying that uGA wears white pants, when one of their “claims to fame” is that they’re the silver britches. If you don’t know what color pants the team you hate the most wears, what makes you think anybody outside of Tech fans know anything about white and gold being Tech’s PRIMARY colors. It doesn’t matter. Like I said, crimson and cream are Oklahoma’s PRIMARY colors, but unless somebody told you that fact for some reason (that’s how I found out) it doesn’t matter because they wear white and not cream.

All I’m trying to get to you is that aggressively debating the fact that white and gold are PRIMARY colors does nothing considering how many teams already wear white and gold. No, either white or gold is not considered a PRIMARY color for them, but if they wear white and gold consistently (like most teams that feature gold) its still considered part of their color scheme. White is probably in the media guide for every team in the country as a team color, so screaming that it’s not PRIMARY does nothing for your argument. Seriously man, put this to bed. White is not unique, and gold isn’t a bold enough color to rely on it solely. A tertiary or secondary color, whichever you want to call it (because I know designations matter so much to you) is necessary. I really hope you understand what I’m saying this time, and don’t come back and scream “wHiTE ANd goLd aRE pRImARy CoLOrS”

You missed essentially every point I made, so I’m just going to drop it. You’re so caught up in designations of what is considered a primary color that it really doesn’t matter what anybody tells you. TStan could come out tomorrow and declare Tech’s new primary colors are like green and sky blue, but if the teams continued to wear white and gold, would it really matter? All I’m trying to tell you is it literally makes no difference what color(s) is considered primary, and more about how they’re used.

I know I’ve read comments from you saying that uGA wears white pants, when one of their “claims to fame” is that they’re the silver britches. If you don’t know what color pants the team you hate the most wears, what makes you think anybody outside of Tech fans know anything about white and gold being Tech’s PRIMARY colors. It doesn’t matter. Like I said, crimson and cream are Oklahoma’s PRIMARY colors, but unless somebody told you that fact for some reason (that’s how I found out) it doesn’t matter because they wear white and not cream.

All I’m trying to get to you is that aggressively debating the fact that white and gold are PRIMARY colors does nothing considering how many teams already wear white and gold. No, either white or gold is not considered a PRIMARY color for them, but if they wear white and gold consistently (like most teams that feature gold) its still considered part of their color scheme. White is probably in the media guide for every team in the country as a team color, so screaming that it’s not PRIMARY does nothing for your argument. Seriously man, put this to bed. White is not unique, and gold isn’t a bold enough color to rely on it solely. A tertiary or secondary color, whichever you want to call it (because I know designations matter so much to you) is necessary. I really hope you understand what I’m saying this time, and don’t come back and scream “wHiTE ANd goLd aRE pRImARy CoLOrS”
All I can tell you is that one of our two fight songs is "Up With the White and Gold", and the other refers to dressing a daughter in "White and Gold." That should be enough, but apparently it is not.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Only at GT would you have people mad for wanting the program to stick to their main colors

Not sure if that is true or not, but the fans we have, especially the ones that became fans in the last 20-25 years, are probably a different breed anyway, very independent minded thinkers. If they were "sheep", they would be fans of UGAG, Bammer, or AllBarn. So, yes, we do have ornery and disagreeable fans.

With that said, GT has school colors that are white and gold - why would you become a fan of a team with these colors (especially if you are not an alumni) if you did not like these colors?

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if that is true or not, but the fans we have, especially the ones that became fans in the last 20-25 years, are probably a different breed anyway, very independent minded thinkers. If they were "sheep", they would be fans of UGAG, Bammer, or AllBarn. So, yes, we do have ornery and disagreeable fans.

With that said, GT has school colors that are white and gold - why would you become a fan of a team with these colors (especially if you are not an alumni) if you did not like these colors?
Yeah it's strange to me. I have a bunch of friends who are Florida Gator fans and they all agree on the orange and blue. Not sure why we cant agree on white and gold when that is a legit unique color combo

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah it's strange to me. I have a bunch of friends who are Florida Gator fans and they all agree on the orange and blue. Not sure why we cant agree on white and gold when that is a legit unique color combo
I think we can all agree on white and gold being our primary colors. It’s just a matter of whether Tech should be limited to two (White/Gold) or three colors (White/Gold/Blue).

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Haven’t seen anyone with a problem with white and gold. Many however don’t have a problem with some variety.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I searched on Adidas Jersey I found a white jersey and a blue "away" jersey but no gold!!!
When put up for sale , I will get 2 for me and wife. Then 1 for grand daughter that are thinking about gt .

I assume u guys that love gold will join me in buying. Blue ugh in Jersey till we win a great game.

I forget the 18 game we wore gold jerseys and white pants (it was early this year).
The sun striking them was so beautiful I heard the musical score the The Natural.

2019 TML

I searched on Adidas Jersey I found a white jersey and a blue "away" jersey but no gold!!!
When put up for sale , I will get 2 for me and wife. Then 1 for grand daughter that are thinking about gt .

I assume u guys that love gold will join me in buying. Blue ugh in Jersey till we win a great game.

I forget the 18 game we wore gold jerseys and white pants (it was early this year).
The sun striking them was so beautiful I heard the musical score the The Natural.

2019 TML
I tend not to buy jerseys, but I would definitely buy a gold one.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I am 100% in favor of gold, but it needs to be an attractive gold. Our gold is so blase' it is hard to like and that is one reason blue comes into the picture. I recently bought a golf cart which I posted in another thread and the gold is absolutely eye catching. I have gotten tons of complements on it, including my mutt friends. The lady at the cart vendor told she loved the color and that she doesn't even like the color gold. And this idea about near impossible to match gold on clothing Vs hard substrates is BS. The painter matched the gold from a cloth logo perfectly with about 15 minutes of effort. The gold color on my cart is Karat Gold Effect (from a Maaco swatch)
And I agree with Super, black should be our trim color, not blue or navy blue. My cart has a black frame and the black sets off the gold and white perfectly. With some effort, we could develop some very attractive clothing and unis using this or a similar gold as our main color, along with white as our secondary color, and black trim. For special unis and for a variation, black could be used as our main color.
We do not need to let our players decide our unis if we are going to develop our brand. Our unis will be forever changing with every new group.
I know I am pi$$ing into the wind on this, but that never stops me from expressing my opinion.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

beerbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
White and Gold
• Colors chosen by the Class of 1891 and officially adopted in 1893. Originally, blue was included.
• Tech fans wore the colors not long after they were introduced.
• First recorded use was in a baseball game against Auburn in 1891.
• Worn by fans, including the young ladies from the Lucy Cobb School, at the first Tech vs. UGA game in 1893.

But we weren't the Georgia Institute of Technology back then......

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
White and Gold
• Colors chosen by the Class of 1891 and officially adopted in 1893. Originally, blue was included.
• Worn by fans, including the young ladies from the Lucy Cobb School, at the first Tech vs. UGA game in 1893.

We weren’t the Yellow Jackets back then either, we were the “Golden Tornado”... and we wore BLUE!! TStan needs to do something about this !! :)

beerbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
The Yellow Jacket
• Tech’s colors of white and gold were often displayed as white and yellow.
• Tech teams often wore yellow jerseys back in the day because there was no gold fabric available.
• An article in the Atlanta Constitution on October 29, 1905 announced that Coach John Heisman and the Tech team wanted to be referred to as the Yellow Jackets instead of the Techity Techs, Blacksmiths or Tech Boys that were used at the time.
• Shortly thereafter, sports cartoons began to appear depicting the Tech teams as “yellow jackets.”

I never knew how we morphed into the yellow jackets.......better than the Techity Techs.....

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
White and Gold

Pictures of the talent from the Lucy Cobb School or it didn’t happen.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been a Saints fan since the first game played at Tulane Stadium. White, Gold and Black. In 52 years, it has been refreshed ... different emblems, logos, etc ... but the colors have never varied.

What is wrong with the GTAA that they can’t enforce a simple brand scheme?

Could you imagine the Saints in Dallas Cowboy blue?