Petition: Use Gold as a Primary Color

crut

Helluva Engineer
Hey all, this was mentioned very deep within the color debate thread, but I wanted to give it its own thread to provide it more exposure. There is a petition urging the Georgia Tech Athletics Association (GTAA) and Adidas to use Tech Gold as a primary color, and as a consequence, stop using navy as a primary color. The petition does not oppose the use of navy as an occasional alternate color or as a frequent accent/tertiary color, but there is clearly a branding issue going on within GTAA right now that needs to be addressed. The goals of the petition are to:
1) Get Georgia Tech athletics teams wearing more gold and white, and less navy and grey
2) Make more gold (and white) apparel accessible to fans to match with the initiative GTAA promotes regarding wearing gold to sporting events (except when wearing white to white-outs)
3) Be more uniform in social media posts and other promotions/signage to avoid posts like this that look more like they came from another school than GT.

If you agree and would like Georgia Tech to stick to its main school colors, please sign the petition here! With minimal effort the petition is getting close to 100 signers, so it seems this is a fairly common concern among GT faithful. Let's let GTAA known this is a simple issue that needs to be addressed in growing and improving the GT brand moving forward. Also, feel free to share this petition anywhere you'd like!

IMPORTANT NOTE: This thread is not for debating topics regarding Gold, Navy, etc. If you would like to take part in that conversation, the thread for that is here. This thread is specifically to promote and discuss a petition about communicating a perceived issue to GTAA.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I signed Crut's petition 3 weeks ago
U should have spread the word.
I signed today.
How can we do the Cheer Yellow! Jackets! if they are wearing blue?
By the way the followers of @coachcollins twit page have gone up 1000 in last few months and it s at 33.9k.

Us old Gt guys should sign up . It's free, lots of info, no junk mail stuff.

U should have spread the word.
I signed today.
How can we do the Cheer Yellow! Jackets! if they are wearing blue?
By the way the followers of @coachcollins twit page have gone up 1000 in last few months and it s at 33.9k.

Us old Gt guys should sign up . It's free, lots of info, no junk mail stuff.
I don't know how I could have spread the word anymore than I did --- I posted in FB and emailed about 50 of my Tech friends. I saw the original post by @crut the day he first posted it and signed the petition immediately.
I have a Twitter account, but I seldom use it. How do I sign up to follow him?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don't know how I could have spread the word anymore than I did --- I posted in FB and emailed about 50 of my Tech friends. I saw the original post by @crut the day he first posted it and signed the petition immediately.
I ll ask my wife and advise.

crut

Helluva Engineer
I ll ask my wife and advise.
1. Go here: https://twitter.com/CoachCollins
2. If you are not logged in to Twitter, click the button in the top right that says "Log In" and then do step 1 again. If you are already logged in, ignore this step
3. On Coach Collins' page, click the "Follow" button on the right side about 1/3 of the page down. Your Twitter feed will now include Coach Collins' posts.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Is this thing working? I fill out name and e-mail address, hit the "sign this petition" button, and nothing happens. Usually there's a confirmation. Also, it still says, "0 have signed".

Also, it says something about "comments", but I see no place for a comment.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So I guess you're ok with "Up with the blue and white", huh?

Yup. Come at me, bro.

camb.gif

No?

vernon.gif

not_enough_words.gif

Whoa, Supers. I sorry. I was just kiddin'. Put yer shirt bak on. What kinda shop you think they're runnin' here.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Is this thing working? I fill out name and e-mail address, hit the "sign this petition" button, and nothing happens. Usually there's a confirmation. Also, it still says, "0 have signed".

Also, it says something about "comments", but I see no place for a comment.

98 have signed, was at 82 earlier this morning.

Not sure what the issue is for you, but I can confirm there are comments as well. Are you logged in?

1. Go here: https://twitter.com/CoachCollins
2. If you are not logged in to Twitter, click the button in the top right that says "Log In" and then do step 1 again. If you are already logged in, ignore this step
3. On Coach Collins' page, click the "Follow" button on the right side about 1/3 of the page down. Your Twitter feed will now include Coach Collins' posts.
Thanks. He probably won't like it, but I just tweeted him asking him what's happened to the White and Gold?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
98 have signed, was at 82 earlier this morning.

Not sure what the issue is for you, but I can confirm there are comments as well. Are you logged in?

Logged in. I guess I have an old, out-of-date browser or something.