Paul Johnson's job

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What enthusiasm lacking seems to be from the board. Here we are one game from the end of regular season, the last is Georgia, and the board is consumed with a) where was the sun when Stewart dropped a pass; b) we need to pass more and c) Johnson is gonna quit because somebody can just tell, you know, from looking at him, you know, that he has lost his enthusiasm for the job. Just think of the off-season we have to look forward to. If this continues I think this might be the winter I abandon the board for more thoughtful pursuits, like reading a Waffle House menu.

Beesball.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
I won't comment but will start a poll to get opinions ....... after the UGAg game. No reason to focus yet on what I can't control.

CPJ's performance is about the same as Chan's. Going into this year,
  • CPJ slightly better than Chan with a 63.7% winning percentage vs 63.4%
  • CPJ slightly better than Chan in Power Ranking
  • CPJ slightly worse than Chan in end of season ranking, 43rd vs 38th.
We'll see where it ends up with these last two games. But they are essentially the same in performance. https://gtswarm.com/threads/112-years-of-gt-football-how-bad-were-we-last-year.9020/#post-203064

Some are distressed with that and some aren't. For me, the key is DC and CPJ's inability to find someone who can get better performance. But CPJ is already on his third strike there.......
CPJ's performance by that measure is also roughly the same as O'Leary's and Ross. Maybe it's not the coach.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I won't comment but will start a poll to get opinions ....... after the UGAg game. No reason to focus yet on what I can't control.

CPJ's performance is about the same as Chan's. Going into this year,
  • CPJ slightly better than Chan with a 63.7% winning percentage vs 63.4%
  • CPJ slightly better than Chan in Power Ranking
  • CPJ slightly worse than Chan in end of season ranking, 43rd vs 38th.
We'll see where it ends up with these last two games. But they are essentially the same in performance. https://gtswarm.com/threads/112-years-of-gt-football-how-bad-were-we-last-year.9020/#post-203064

Some are distressed with that and some aren't. For me, the key is DC and CPJ's inability to find someone who can get better performance. But CPJ is already on his third strike there.......

Have not and will not read this entire thread.

However, it never ceases to amaze me that people claim CPJ's tenure at GT even remotely resembles CCG's. I guess for some of you there is just no convincing that 2 eleven win seasons, a 9 win season, three ACC 'ship appearances, and two more wins over Ugag is not the slightest bit different than one 9 win season, 1 ACC 'ship debacle loss, and 0 wins over Ugag. It baffles the mind.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Have not and will not read this entire thread.

However, it never ceases to amaze me that people claim CPJ's tenure at GT even remotely resembles CCG's. I guess for some of you there is just no convincing that 2 eleven win seasons, a 9 win season, three ACC 'ship appearances, and two more wins over Ugag is not the slightest bit different than one 9 win season, 1 ACC 'ship debacle loss, and 0 wins over Ugag. It baffles the mind.

Amen.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Roof probably gets another year but stat's are not very good and a change would not be unexpected. I think a lot depends on if PJ thinks D recruiting by TR is going to be better than usual.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Roof probably gets another year but stat's are not very good and a change would not be unexpected. I think a lot depends on if PJ thinks D recruiting by TR is going to be better than usual.

I understand the frustration but at the same time Roof's defense stopped uga after a bad turnover to begin the 3rd and then got the TO in the 4th to give our O favorable field position. He's definitely got to shore up the 3rd down.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I understand the frustration but at the same time Roof's defense stopped uga after a bad turnover to begin the 3rd and then got the TO in the 4th to give our O favorable field position. He's definitely got to shore up the 3rd down.
The D deffenitly did what they needed to do so we could win, but that int was because of a bad throw that should have been an easy throw. But like I said when we needed the D to step up they did. holding UGA to that field goal after the fumble was huge imo.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
The D deffenitly did what they needed to do so we could win, but that int was because of a bad throw that should have been an easy throw. But like I said when we needed the D to step up they did. holding UGA to that field goal after the fumble was huge imo.

It was a poor throw but HOW many times have we seen plays like that made AGAINST the Jackets?????????? And the Int still had to be made ;)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Kinda like the horrible playcall that Paul made that Qua bailed him out on, right? Come on man, call it down the middle.
Ok, let's call it down the middle then. What makes cpj play call bad?

And secondly your talking about a play call by a COACH that a player made work and comparing it to a bad throw by a PLAYER? See the difference in a coach and a player? Come on man apples to apples.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
If we win the bowl game, this is arguably his third best season behind 14 and 09. This team and 08 would have the same record with a win in the bowl game. You could say 08 had more marquee wins (a better UGA team, FSU), but you could also say the ACC is a lot better top to bottom than 08.

Point is, if we win the bowl, 9 wins, UGA win and a Bowl Win is a pretty damn good season, not just for Tech standards, but for a lot of programs.