Paul Johnson's job

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
"Our D has been awful"...compared to what? Our D is ranked about the same as it has been since the CPJ era and in the O'Leary era. He at least seems to be recruiting better than his predecessors. The blips in having a good D that stand out are during the Ross era and when Tenuta was here. (Yes, I've heard plenty of gripes about Tenuta, but he's the last time we were a top 30 defense, but he also was surrounded by a great crew of recruiters)
We seem to stay solid in the secondary. Front 7 could use work, but the DL is improving (fingers crossed). There are some scheme and emphasis changes that can make us better too.
I've seen enough "swapping out the DC" here over the last few years that I'd like us to focus on getting incrementally better each year and improving what we have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I never said our D was awful compared to other GT D's put D is awful compared to a lot of others in the country. And you said at least roof is recruiting better than the others, yet the D is no better so what's it matter? I agree we can change up things in our scheme to become better but it's just a matter of if we do it or not. I like roof I just don't like the scheme we run for what we have at GT. If we can get the recruits to run in and succeed I'll be fine.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Take away everything else good and bad about CPJ but this one thing: He has put the fear of TECH in uga hearts. Three out of the last 5 times we have played them in athens, 75,000+ uga *******s have had to stay in their seats until the last second and have the knife twisted in their pathetic little hearts. Then walk out watching their cherished hedges be abused and see Tech fans celebrating in their parking lots. Three classes of uga seniors had their Senior Day celebration ruined and their last memory of the cesspool will be listening to Ramblin Wreck played in triumph. Suffer you flea bags! Do you realize how much that means to us old farts that have wounds that have never healed from 71, 76, 78, 83, 91, 97, 06? I sometimes think the posters calling for CPJ to be fired are uga trolls in disquise.

No uga lead is safe, no game is a gimme. Should they ever again win the sec east, they still have to play CPJ and his damn option the week before the sec championship game. Fire this man? No way! He stays until he is ready to leave.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Take away everything else good and bad about CPJ but this one thing: He has put the fear of TECH in uga hearts. Three out of the last 5 times we have played them in athens, 75,000+ uga *******s have had to stay in their seats until the last second and have the knife twisted in their pathetic little hearts. Then walk out watching their cherished hedges be abused and see Tech fans celebrating in their parking lots. Three classes of uga seniors had their Senior Day celebration ruined and their last memory of the cesspool will be listening to Ramblin Wreck played in triumph. Suffer you flea bags! Do you realize how much that means to us old farts that have wounds that have never healed from 71, 76, 78, 83, 91, 97, 06? I sometimes think the posters calling for CPJ to be fired are uga trolls in disquise.

No uga lead is safe, no game is a gimme. Should they ever again win the sec east, they still have to play CPJ and his damn option the week before the sec championship game. Fire this man? No way! He stays until he is ready to leave.
This right here is the kind of blackhearted loathing that I love about college sports. I get it, dude, I really do. Those ruined memories will sit in their hearts for the rest of their lives, and I 100% understand the joy you take in that. I've often said that the best part about winning is the look on the other guys face. GOD, I pray for the day UVA has a guy who can do that to VT.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
For those who think the AJC is out to get CPJ/GT:

https://www.dawgnation.com/football...-script-plays-out-in-tech-georgia-series#free

"A lot of people have already been asking me in the press box and on social media, what I think this loss means for Georgia and for the direction of the program under Smart. I don’t think it means anything in that regard.

I think it means that the Tech-Georgia rivalry will continue to be what it has always been in the modern era. I think the Bulldogs will continue to recruit prospects that come in with more stars next to their names and UGA will continue to field teams that produce more NFL prospects and generally have a higher profile regionally and nationally.

But as long as coach Paul Johnson remains their head coach, the Yellow Jackets are always going to be a team that plays Georgia tough. They’re going to knock off the Bulldogs every once in a while."

That’s the truth, no matter how much it stings."

So uga gets brownie points for being bold and making a change, I guess. Losing to Tech, Vanderbilt and Florida in the same year is something that hasn't happened to them since 1961. Throw in Tennessee and it has never happened. uga fans are consoling themselves with talk that this is what rebuilding looks like. But I have to say, Kirby Smart looked totally inept against CPJ on Saturday.

Georgia really has regressed since Richt left.
I don't remember seeing the post that you responded to. My response to that particular post would be a simple SMDH. My response to your response is HELL, YEAH !!!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
For those who think the AJC is out to get CPJ/GT:

https://www.dawgnation.com/football...-script-plays-out-in-tech-georgia-series#free

"A lot of people have already been asking me in the press box and on social media, what I think this loss means for Georgia and for the direction of the program under Smart. I don’t think it means anything in that regard.

I think it means that the Tech-Georgia rivalry will continue to be what it has always been in the modern era. I think the Bulldogs will continue to recruit prospects that come in with more stars next to their names and UGA will continue to field teams that produce more NFL prospects and generally have a higher profile regionally and nationally.

But as long as coach Paul Johnson remains their head coach, the Yellow Jackets are always going to be a team that plays Georgia tough. They’re going to knock off the Bulldogs every once in a while."

That’s the truth, no matter how much it stings."
On the last part (
But as long as coach Paul Johnson remains their head coach, the Yellow Jackets are always going to be a team that plays Georgia tough. They’re going to knock off the Bulldogs every once in a while.") I like to think of it as 2 times the last 3 years :):)

slugboy

Staff member
I never said our D was awful compared to other GT D's put D is awful compared to a lot of others in the country. And you said at least roof is recruiting better than the others, yet the D is no better so what's it matter? I agree we can change up things in our scheme to become better but it's just a matter of if we do it or not. I like roof I just don't like the scheme we run for what we have at GT. If we can get the recruits to run in and succeed I'll be fine.

Understood, but recruiting will take time to pay off.
We had a solid recruiting class 2 years ago, and some of those kids are now starting ahead of older kids. Last year's class was "less heralded" because we lost a lot of recruiting steam in a 3 win season. The payoff in better recruiting is next year and the following years.
Hopefully we can play tighter coverage as they age up.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Understood, but recruiting will take time to pay off.
We had a solid recruiting class 2 years ago, and some of those kids are now starting ahead of older kids. Last year's class was "less heralded" because we lost a lot of recruiting steam in a 3 win season. The payoff in better recruiting is next year and the following years.
Hopefully we can play tighter coverage as they age up.

I understand it takes some time with recruiting, but I would think by now we would be getting a little better, but we have been pretty bad this year. Look at all the player roof inherited, I wanna know where his guys are like that.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck

Paraphrasing General Patton- I don't want you to die for you're country, I want you to make that other SOB die for his.

According to the 2014 Tech football information guide (I don't have a more recent one), Heisman never played the mutts in Athens. All the games were in Atlanta, with one being played at Ponce de Leon Park, rather than at Grant Field.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Bebe, Dwyer, Burnett, and Morgan all did this just a few years ago.

Bay Bay was here for 4 years even though he only played 3. As much as it's great having guys here for the full 4 years, I would love to have a guy make a big enough impact to get drafted after 3. Hell, maybe one of those guys is on our roster now (Mills, if he keeps developing, has that kind of talent) or coming in the next class (Swillings!).

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck

WINNING POST. AND FUNNY AS HELL.:D:D:D

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm just as glad as anyone that we beat Georgia and if we play like that in our bowl we will walk out with a Victory, that being said I wouldn't be mad at all if we cut ties with CPJ and brought in Mark Helfrich and him bring in that Oregon offense. I know it's no chance of it. But we could be great with that offense and if we got a new DC we could take over the ACC

18in32

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm just as glad as anyone that we beat Georgia and if we play like that in our bowl we will walk out with a Victory, that being said I wouldn't be mad at all if we cut ties with CPJ and brought in Mark Helfrich and him bring in that Oregon offense. I know it's no chance of it. But we could be great with that offense and if we got a new DC we could take over the ACC
Obvious troll is obvious.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
TS pooh poohs the whole he's going to dump CPJ...
"Stansbury said he didn’t pay attention to speculation that he may have wanted to make a change had Johnson not won the final three games against the Bulldogs, Virginia and Virginia Tech."

Link