Paul Johnson visiting the Ravens today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
That last sentence should be retracted. If u want to watch triple option football start supporting kennesaw st. I'm tired of going into the season knowing we've already lost two games.
I hope we bring back their head coach to be OC. The offense was rarely the problem here. But don't let the facts get in your way.

Animal02

Banned
Our night game atmosphere is pretty damn good. I hope we get to see some of that going forward. I know CPJ was not a big fan of night games but damn I miss playing at night. Also, we need to jettison the Alcorn St games & schedule sme teams worth playing. Maybe they won’t be so afraid to come to Atlanta now?

I was referring to building a dominant program. My expectation is we’ll fall into the 7-6 to 8-5 range for the next 3 years, then we’ll either not be able to recruit as we want & may out-coach the competition to stay in that range. One way or another we’re going to have the recruiting riddle answered. That’s the fork in the road. We’ll either have trouble winning because we can’t recruit or we’ll be able to recruit & the only reason we can’t stay at that 8-10 win per season range is lack of talent on the sidelines. Time will tell.
As i have posted before.....playing the FCS game and gaining an extra home game every other year is more profitable. Kind of funny how people have no problem giving away home games for a neutral field for the $$$ because we "need it so badly" but then demand we give up the FCS games and the extra $$$ that go with it.

As i have posted before.....playing the FCS game and gaining an extra home game every other year is more profitable. Kind of funny how people have no problem giving away home games for a neutral field for the $$$ because we "need it so badly" but then demand we give up the FCS games and the extra $$$ that go with it.

I kinda wish we were playing Acorn State our first game this year. Get the kinks worked out....but nooooo... we are on the road playing a team that will more than likely be NC again. Well nobody can call us a team that ducks competition....lol.

ScGold

Banned
I hope we bring back their head coach to be OC. The offense was rarely the problem here. But don't let the facts get in your way.
You have to be kidding about wanting that. In the case that youre serious all I can get is that you have a man crush on Paul Johnson, but don't let he fact the head coach is the head coach not only the oc. Last time I checked Tech was near the bottom of world in defense rating or KO coverage or punt coverage or passing effectiveness. Oh and dont let the fact we heard how disconnected the team was on a yearly basis. Coaching was so good the best OL signed during the Johnson era was transferring regardless who the coach was at Tech. Bring on the offensive stats to prove how great a run PJ had and again all you have are great rush stats and how many points he avg a game. But the point avg is skewed due to the weak *** nonconf schedule and weak sisters in the league that don't face tech every year. Id suggest becoming a season ticket holder for KSU football and cheer like hell.

ScGold

Banned
You know nothing about the offense we've been running. It's much less about the actual running back, and more so about the QB reads and OFFENSIVE LINE blocking. I don't care if the NFL had rules that favor passing, this offense is a numbers game and most NFL players are plenty capable of running it. Neither one of us can say how well or poorly it will work. I think it has a great chance of being successful however based on how the offense actually works. You don't think it will work because you don't like it and are too caught up in your CPJ hate to see it and other way.
There aren't enough QB walking around to fill the void of all the ones that are injured running an option offense in the NFL. If you think a NFL LB with the single assignment to hit the QB on every play won't knock out a few you seriously underestimate how violent NFL LB's are or DEs are. The league loves their QB's.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
You have to be kidding about wanting that. In the case that youre serious all I can get is that you have a man crush on Paul Johnson, but don't let he fact the head coach is the head coach not only the oc. Last time I checked Tech was near the bottom of world in defense rating or KO coverage or punt coverage or passing effectiveness. Oh and dont let the fact we heard how disconnected the team was on a yearly basis. Coaching was so good the best OL signed during the Johnson era was transferring regardless who the coach was at Tech. Bring on the offensive stats to prove how great a run PJ had and again all you have are great rush stats and how many points he avg a game. But the point avg is skewed due to the weak *** nonconf schedule and weak sisters in the league that don't face tech every year. Id suggest becoming a season ticket holder for KSU football and cheer like hell.
You sir are talking some hot garbage. Parker mentioned he was transferring somewhere to better prepare him for the NFL. This was a dig at the many "we will be running an NFL offense" comments that CGC is forced to say by the big Tech donor. I will not entertain anymore corrections of your many other false claims.

Last edited:

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
There aren't enough QB walking around to fill the void of all the ones that are injured running an option offense in the NFL. If you think a NFL LB with the single assignment to hit the QB on every play won't knock out a few you seriously underestimate how violent NFL LB's are or DEs are. The league loves their QB's.
Another garbage baseless comment.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
And the irrational hatred toward CPJ just keeps going. I sure hope the upcoming season helps us move on
CPJ retired. Left Tech in a much better position than when he got here. The new coach seems to be off to a good start so far. I didn't think CPJ's offense would work when he first got here. I have some reservations about the offense we are going to (certainly not the defense though). I've been wrong before and hope I am now (about the offense). All that aside, can we just stop crapping on the old coach and root for the new one?

Animal02

Banned
CPJ retired. Left Tech in a much better position than when he got here. The new coach seems to be off to a good start so far. I didn't think CPJ's offense would work when he first got here. I have some reservations about the offense we are going to (certainly not the defense though). I've been wrong before and hope I am now (about the offense). All that aside, can we just stop crapping on the old coach and root for the new one?
Some people can't....and then they project their hate on those that are not in a slobber fest over the new coach.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
CPJs offense was largely successful and we had some good times with it. There are things he could have done better as a coach, overall, but you can say that about anyone. That said, the last couple of years saw diminishing returns on the scoreboard and reduced fan enthusiasm. That offense is not coming back to GT anytime remotely soon, nor are any NFL teams going to adopt it, wholesale, for a host of reasons.

Still, no one should begrudge CPJ the opportunity to teach, coach, consult, wherever and I wish him success wherever he goes. I think I will make this my personal final statement on this...maybe.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I love option football and non-option football. I’m still confused why so many feel it’s one or the other. I’m also confused why so many feel that the change in offense is going to be a silver bullet. What we will gain in recruiting we lose in the advantage of running something different than everyone else. It’s crazy how much many on here are underestimating this.

Before slamming the old offense in favor of the new, think of it this way...we will now be running the same offense as just about everyone else Clemson and Georgia play. They will now essentially be prepping for our offense every week. And this increases our chances of beating them? Ok.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
If Parker leaving shows lack of faith in an OL coach, it’s certainly not the one that already left. I thought we were getting the best in the business? I thought we were getting a guy who’s a well known OL guru and NFL groomer? A guy would have to be nuts to pass that up! Parker may have decided to leave before the coaching change, but the new guy certainly didn’t change his mind.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I love option football and non-option football. I’m still confused why so many feel it’s one or the other. I’m also confused why so many feel that the change in offense is going to be a silver bullet. What we will gain in recruiting we lose in the advantage of running something different than everyone else. It’s crazy how much many on here are underestimating this.

Before slamming the old offense in favor of the new, think of it this way...we will now be running the same offense as just about everyone else Clemson and Georgia play. They will now essentially be prepping for our offense every week. And this increases our chances of beating them? Ok.
In the first 3 quarters of the 2017 and 2018 games against Clemson and Ga they have about 35 points and we have about 5. In fourth quarter we and they run out the clock as we out score them.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I've always said if PJ had equal talent, he dominates the other teams he faces. All you have to do is look back at his stints at Southern. I think the same thing would happen in the pros.

Gardner-Webb, Kansas, Air Force, MTSU, etc, etc

Animal02

Banned
If Parker leaving shows lack of faith in an OL coach, it’s certainly not the one that already left. I thought we were getting the best in the business? I thought we were getting a guy who’s a well known OL guru and NFL groomer? A guy would have to be nuts to pass that up! Parker may have decided to leave before the coaching change, but the new guy certainly didn’t change his mind.
Comical that people talk about man crushes on CPJ considering all the slobbering over a coach that has yet to win a single game at Tech. :rolleyes:

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Another garbage baseless comment.
How is your baseless comment better than his? If the TO would provide an NFL team an edge someone would try it. The fact that no one has,ever, means case closed.

The real point here is what offense you run is not just about the offense itself but how it fits into the team structure. What we have seen at Tech is successful offenses with overall lesser talent. We have also seen that recruiting problem extend to the rest of the team and suffered with poor defenses and special teams most years. So yes, you can rave about the offense but the point is to win games. Kudos to Paul for what he was able to accomplish at Tech. I preferred his ability to have higher highs that Chan but also have to admit he had lower lows. Now he’s decided to step down and I am excited by the potential the new staff promises. Here’s hoping they can deliver.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Comical that people talk about man crushes on CPJ considering all the slobbering over a coach that has yet to win a single game at Tech. :rolleyes:
This. Over and over again.

I love the enthusiasm for the new coach and I think every Tech fan wishes him well. But to suggest that someone who has never coached a game at Tech, let alone won a single game at Tech, is a 100% improvement over some (as of now historically revisionist) dark ages of mediocre football, is so irrationally exuberant that is suggests medication might be in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.