Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PTCjacket

Banned
So how does Tech overcome this? Running a spread? RPO? Pro set? Where are the 4-5 stars needed to run those at the highest level going to come from?

I don't think most reasonable fans are looking for us to run something at "the highest level". I don't think we need 4-5 stars to beat teams like Pitt, USF, UNC, and Duke on a more regular basis.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Why not? I'd love to see GT play Miami in Jax. There's a whole South GA market with a ton of engineers ... that would be worthwhile.

Not exactly sure what you mean
OK. So how do you explain the fact that Gailey had figured out how to recruit here at the time of his firing? The social media explosion was certainly well underway at that time and Scout and Rivals were prominent sites with lots of subscribers. Yet Gailey's last full class was ranked in the top 20 and before you say that was a fluke his 08 class was ranked in the top 25 at the time of his firing and he was poised to finish with at least a top 40 class which is far better than our current administration is doing.

Do you believe Duke is an easier school to recruit to than GT? I've heard this excuse as to why they have beaten us 4 out of 5 years from more than I care to admit and you seem to be following in their vain.

Not that it has anything to do with this conversation but I was a history major. Class of 03 from GCSU. Been a tech fan since I was 6 when I fell in love with Mark Price and John Salley on the hardwood. Shortly after GT won the national championship in football and I was hooked on both sports from then on out. Judging by your online demeanor I'm going to guess you are an alum of GT. Good for you. It's a great degree and you should be proud of it.

Gailey got very fortunate, since Nesbitt, Dwyer, etc. decided they wanted to play together in the ATL - more they recruited each other than GT recruiting them.....

That can happen again, but it was like hitting the lottery to some extent.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Not exactly sure what you mean

Tech operates a small campus near the airport in Savannah. With all the paper mills, Army Corps of Engineers, and industry in that portion of the state ... it would be great to have a game in Jax or even Savannah. Just to do something different. I feel sometimes that Tech has just given up on the State of Georgia. Even Alabama back in the 50's played games outside of Tuscaloosa. They don't have to now of course, but who knows .... could be fun.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
All of you are going at it all wrong picking a new coach. So I'm picking the next Head Coach and all the other will be on our recruiting staff . You want 4 and 5 stars watch after I pick the next head coach. Your input is welcome but unless you agree with me it won't matter.

sexy+group+girls+pictureshotgirls.blogspot.com+two+beautiful+girls+the+most+hot+beautiful+charming+gorgeous+sexy+pretty+girls+and+women+photos+from+worldwide+45.jpg

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
The next time we play Georgia southern , we could do a game down there that would be the best bet

But remember a few years back when we had game in Ireland....
Tech operates a small campus near the airport in Savannah. With all the paper mills, Army Corps of Engineers, and industry in that portion of the state ... it would be great to have a game in Jax or even Savannah. Just to do something different. I feel sometimes that Tech has just given up on the State of Georgia. Even Alabama back in the 50's played games outside of Tuscaloosa. They don't have to now of course, but who knows .... could be fun.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I've found the official attendance for the Duke game was something north of 41,000. I don't know whether that's supposed to be actual butts in the seats or tickets sold, but it seemed quite more than I would have guessed were there from my own unscientific perusal of the crowd. At any rate, according to the AJC it's the lowest official attendance for a Homecoming game since 1994, after Bill Lewis had already been fired.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I've found the official attendance for the Duke game was something north of 41,000. I don't know whether that's supposed to be actual butts in the seats or tickets sold, but it seemed quite more than I would have guessed were there from my own unscientific perusal of the crowd. At any rate, according to the AJC it's the lowest official attendance for a Homecoming game since 1994, after Bill Lewis had already been fired.

Comparing anything to Bill Lewis is ... sad.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

I think the 41,000 is the number of tickets sold instead of actual attendance. I had the same thought earlier in the year and someone on the board posted an article, which I cannot find, demonstrating how they arrive at the published attendance numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
P5 coach doesn't necessarily mean head coach. If you think there isn't a single OC, DC, or G5 head coach that used to be a good P5 DC or OC then I don't think you understand the allure of a P5 head coaching offer.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I think the 41,000 is the number of tickets sold instead of actual attendance. I had the same thought earlier in the year and someone on the board posted an article, which I cannot find, demonstrating how they arrive at the published attendance numbers.

I couldn't see the lower west stands because I was in the upper west, which looked very sparse on the ends. The north stands weren't 20% occupied, and the east stands looked maybe half full. Half empty in the upper east and lots of empty seats scattered about in the lower east (especially in those stupid gold seats, which are most always kind of empty). I do think lower west had a better crowd than I thought, after I saw the replay on TV. But there couldn't possibly have been more than maybe 32,000 actually there, tops, in my estimation. On Homecoming. In perfect weather.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If we want young, passing , recruiting, propmting, hc , experienced guy w nfl, p5, record - check out Josh Heupel.

He is a very fine person and a brilliant coach as per my son who worked w him while JH was at OU.

In Orlando the word is Heup it Up.

He is a go for it on 4th down guy and HAS THE CREDS TO RECRUIT A TOP 100 QB which is job one

Look him up on wiki. Big time awards as o u QB- but got their via smaller programs.

I love the option and will wait till post uga to decide but I love this guy

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I couldn't see the lower west stands because I was in the upper west, which looked very sparse on the ends. The north stands weren't 20% occupied, and the east stands looked maybe half full. Half empty in the upper east and lots of empty seats scattered about in the lower east (especially in those stupid gold seats, which are most always kind of empty). I do think lower west had a better crowd than I thought, after I saw the replay on TV. But there couldn't possibly have been more than maybe 32,000 actually there, tops, in my estimation. On Homecoming. In perfect weather.

My seats are in the lower west, near the south goal line. If I had to guess, I’d say that my section was about 60-70% full. A lot of those came really late (second quarter).

Status
Not open for further replies.