Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hard to say. I look at TN and they couldn't get a head coach with experience to even look at them. If it is a HC, he'll be from a lesser conference. Otherwise, an asst from a P5 program.

Key probably fits the bill. Although ... I think TStan is going to hire another TO coach.

I don't think our next coach will be a CPJ-Flexbone devotee. I think 'option' football is here to stay. But, I think in the interest of excitement/interest (fundraising) we'll need to bring in someone 'different'. Someone from the Urban Meyer/Rich Rod/Willie Fritz shotgun spread-option vein is my guess.

If we win 9+ games on average the next few years, maybe CPJ can bring in Bohannon (dwag, I know), Ivin Jasper, or someone as OC/HCiW as his successor. 7 wins is good enough to not roll the dice on firing the coach. But 7 wins isn't good enough to sell the fan base on bringing in CPJ 2.0.

Personally, I'd like a defensive-minded recruiter/CEO type HC, with an option guy as aHC/OC.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I don't think our next coach will be a CPJ-Flexbone devotee. I think 'option' football is here to stay. But, I think in the interest of excitement/interest (fundraising) we'll need to bring in someone 'different'. Someone from the Urban Meyer/Rich Rod/Willie Fritz shotgun spread-option vein is my guess.

If we win 9+ games on average the next few years, maybe CPJ can bring in Bohannon (dwag, I know), Ivin Jasper, or someone as OC/HCiW as his successor. 7 wins is good enough to not roll the dice on firing the coach. But 7 wins isn't good enough to sell the fan base on bringing in CPJ 2.0.

Personally, I'd like a defensive-minded recruiter/CEO type HC, with an option guy as aHC/OC.
Willie Fritz would be a good future GT head coaching candidate. He's guiding Tulane to a Bowl Game this season which is very hard to do at Tulane.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

If we HAD TO choose from the CPJ disciples, I'd take Jeff Monken at Army. The guy is a just a GREAT coach, and probably the best coach out of the CPJ tree (maybe even surpassing CPJ at this point). He's also shown the willingness to use other schemes outside of the Flexbone spread.

That said, I've heard that if Stansbury had to make a decision once CPJ is gone, he would go away from this system. Not completely away from the option itself, but a "pure" triple option offense.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If we HAD TO choose from the CPJ disciples, I'd take Jeff Monken at Army. The guy is a just a GREAT coach, and probably the best coach out of the CPJ tree (maybe even surpassing CPJ at this point). He's also shown the willingness to use other schemes outside of the Flexbone spread.

That said, I've heard that if Stansbury had to make a decision once CPJ is gone, he would go away from this system. Not completely away from the option itself, but a "pure" triple option offense.
He will probably wind up being the #1 candidate when Paul finally decides to retire

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm not looking for a coach I like CPJ but when the time does come everyone has people they want so here is my list I think we can find one we all agree with when the time comes .
My List
1) Coach Al Kickurass ( Not a players coach )
2) Coach Chris Myass ( Not great with the press)
3) Coach Darius Lesgettham ( good at recruiting )
4) Coach Hal Jalikakick ( works good with kickers)
5) Coach Holden Mcgroin ( Great coach but not one you want to watch on the sidelines )

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm not looking for a coach I like CPJ but when the time does come everyone has people they want so here is my list I think we can find one we all agree with when the time comes .
My List
1) Coach Al Kickurass ( Not a players coach )
2) Coach Chris Myass ( Not great with the press)
3) Coach Darius Lesgettham ( good at recruiting )
4) Coach Hal Jalikakick ( works good with kickers)
5) Coach Holden Mcgroin ( Great coach but not one you want to watch on the sidelines )

Coach Tee Option runs one heck of a wishbone offense at Psychotic State;)

Status
Not open for further replies.