Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
My in-laws live in Oneida Tennessee. A town not convenient to anywhere. You know, the oil capital of Tennessee. A town that is proud to have the highest level of state supported disability checks mailed to its area residents. But when they really want to go to town they drive the 60 minutes east to go to Knoxvegas.
The first time i saw the term Knoxvegas was on a Tennessee message board in 1997:cool: I go to Knoxville quite a bit also(y)

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Prepping for the win ... Just in case. It's a we should have won game .So if we win we took care of business .if we lose then fire CPJ. Nice

Whatever you say bud. Guess I should have said, that UVA is a juggernaut and will blow us out?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I said two weeks ago that 7-5 in a very weak coastal division should get CPJ fired but if we bat UGA as well than he should get another year.
And that’s your opinion. I’d call it even rather than “very weak.” When teams are so evenly matched, you get a lot of records like those in the Coastal. One more win and we win the darn thing. All things considered (you should try that sometime, btw), I can’t be more thrilled with how the season turned out!

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Holy crap I had no idea Colorado had such a huge buyout for their coach. A lot of these non-bluebloods having insane contracts is going to set them back for a while. Places like Louisville and Colorado that are not in fertile recruiting grounds are going to need that money to keep up with staff, assistant coaches, facilities etc. Any new coach is walking into a disaster.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
So after 129 pages, did we decide if CPJ is going to get fired this year? He is only going to win somewhere between 2 and 4 games remember. That was his ceiling.

Well, the trolls have to get real quiet right now. According to them he recruits worse than Gailey, yet just equalled the routine Gaily win total with two games left on the schedule. At worst, he outperforms Gaily by taking his "poor recruiting classes" and getting the same results, and at best, he turns in 11 win seasons and Orange Bowl appearances with these same lemented recruiting classes. Hard to argue he's earned another couple of years.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Well, the trolls have to get real quiet right now. According to them he recruits worse than Gailey, yet just equalled the routine Gaily win total with two games left on the schedule. At worst, he outperforms Gaily by taking his "poor recruiting classes" and getting the same results, and at best, he turns in 11 win seasons and Orange Bowl appearances with these same lemented recruiting classes. Hard to argue he's earned another couple of years.
Nobody is trolling here. Just bc people disagree doesn't mean they are trolls. That's a cowardly way of having a discussion

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I admit I was ready for a change at 1-3 (6-9 going back to last season. I am truly glad they turned it around and hope they continue to increase resources/results. I always said I liked the offense ( a pitch looks better than a boring sceeen or slant pass play) but believe it causes negative recruiting ( especially on the defensive side). If Woody can get the defense in the Top 40 and the Special Teams can play at the current level ( I have never seen a turnaround like what they have shown the past 2 games) then I think Tech can get to a “next level”.

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
So after 129 pages, did we decide if CPJ is going to get fired this year? He is only going to win somewhere between 2 and 4 games remember. That was his ceiling.

The question is what happens if we lose the next two games (which is at least a possibility) and wind up 7-6...

Status
Not open for further replies.